Graffiti's effect on paint manufacturers

Lew Blum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but why would they creat a whole line if they arent making any substantial amount of money off of it. Also why wouldnt they create a sub-line that does not use their main-line names to take advantage of this market?

Companies often produce sublines to monopolize the market. Hey geniusgirl did you know that Rustoleum makes those 99 cent "Quick Colors" they stock in Home Depot? Why make a shit brand of paint after all these years of putting out the best paint product made in America?

Do I really need to answer it for you? You seem pretty stupid but Ill give the benefit of the doubt that your not that stupid.:lol:

Companies often produce sublines to monopolize the market. Hey geniusgirl did you know that Rustoleum makes those 99 cent "Quick Colors" they stock in Home Depot? Why make a shit brand of paint after all these years of putting out the best paint product made in America?

Do I really need to answer it for you? You seem pretty stupid but Ill give the benefit of the doubt that your not that stupid.:lol:

I think you just summerized exactly what I said and then added an example that further proved your point wrong...

I think you're the dumb one here.

Incase you didnt understand I am saying: Since this is such a huge demographic that could make them millions in extra revenue a year why wouldnt they create a sub-line or sub-company that would not carry the brand name but carry a separate brand name to take advantage of the huge DanceNGraff market...

I think this was the dumbest thing said on the page.

Your posts are the dumbest shit I've seen on here. Seriously, I think you have no idea what you're blabbing about. You sound like one of them people that just goes on and on about shit argueing just for the sake of argueing. Calling people that obviously know what they're talking about idiots and comming with the most retarded of arguements to back whatever point you're trying to make. Shit's commical.

Rustoleum would obviously come up with enough brand names so that a huge conglomerate like Home Depot wouldnt feel the need to also stock another companies brand like Krylon.

I am not saying that you fucking retard.

Yea they make something for every application so why wouldnt they make something specifically for writers if there is money to be made THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOME DEPOT!!

and that does'nt mean they are going to profit heavily from all those lines. It means they are going to keep Krylon off the shelves in these stores.

Dude you are missing every point. I am not talking about keeping shit in stores...

I am saying if there is this huge demographic why not find someway to specifically profit on it.

Yea they make something for every application so why wouldnt they make something specifically for writers if there is money to be made THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOME DEPOT.

Havent you heard graffiti is a felony in most places if caught. Yeah we know it usually gets knocked down to a misdemeanor. Do you think Rustoleum does not want to protect its image from illegal activities. Your are so stupid.

Yea they make something for every application so why wouldnt they make something specifically for writers if there is money to be made THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOME DEPOT!!

Dude you are missing every point. I am not talking about keeping shit in stores...

I am saying if there is this huge demographic why not find someway to specifically profit on it.

Because that would draw heat from the media for one, and for two there's no need.

you missed the three other times I have said this...

Why not create a sub company that makes products specifically for writers that does not carry the parent companies name.

Because the media could easilly find out who the parent company is. Why would they want to openly aknoledge the fact that their product is used for something illegal?

:rolleyes:

Here is a different take on this conversation Some 1. Back when you were in your daddies nutsack and I was out racking. There was no such thing as Home Depot or Loews. Yeah their were some chain stores such as Rickels , Channels ,Kmart that stocked alot of paint but out here in the tri-state area it was mostly Mom & Pop shops that we did are racking in. Why it that back then finding old burner colors that were discontinued several to a dozen years before were still ready available in almost every rack spot that I had that other writers were'nt up on.

What has changed in the consumer market for spray paint between then and now? We are talking non graffiti people. Is their some sort of other huge subculture for old people making art & craft that didnt exist back then. Why is that those cans of paint sat there for years collecting dust?

Here is a different take on this conversation Some 1. Back when you were in your daddies nutsack and I was out racking. There was no such thing as Home Depot or Loews. Yeah their were some chain stores such as Rickels , Channels ,Kmart that stocked alot of paint but out here in the tri-state area it was mostly Mom & Pop shops that we did are racking in. Why it that back then finding old burner colors that were discontinued several to a dozen years before were still ready available in almost every rack spot that I had that other writers were'nt up on.

What has changed in the consumer market for spray paint between then and now? We are talking non graffiti people. Is their some sort of other huge subculture for old people making art & craft that didnt exist back then. Why is that those cans of paint sat there for years collecting dust?

What point are you trying to make? Companies cant start investigating whats going to make them the most money and start specializing to best fit their best markets?

you missed the three other times I have said this...

Why not create a sub company that makes products specifically for writers that does not carry the parent companies name.

I was enjoying the fact I was pisssing you off by not answering it....but here we go

Why would they need to...they doing just fine with the writers market. They have no real competiton. Belton & Montana is too expensive for most. Maybe if those companies open up shop by manufacturing their paint here you will a shift in the market.

Alright valid point. (finally) It just doesn't make sense that they make certain product points for all of these smaller demographics 1 time grill painters, grandma crafters yet their (supposedly) biggest demographic they have is left alone...

I guess I will have to call up rusto and Krylon myself to find out.

Time to leave work thanks for the entertainment...