Wash DC

colonisms

Hey everyone, also if anyone would like to help to document or just point us in the right direction, we are 100% open to suggestions, tips, etc. We'd love to interview you to just get an idea of the direction of DC's graff scene, and we also work with the Red Line DC project, and upcoming documentary on DC's red line metro graffiti. Here's the trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGJzX55zcWM

Keep the good vibes going. Much love.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha, I'll stick to documenting for you guys, but like he said, I got the camera equipment to film ya'lls night raids, hit me up if you're heading out, would love to play lookout and get some pics! Seriously, if you guys are interested in coverage, I shoot in HD and am flexible as hell on timing and place: ennuics@gmail.com

Here's a few I got:

5474347667_cc627b38a1.jpg

5474354629_249049b59b.jpg

5474983984_ac85db8675.jpg

this shit is played out I am tired of seeing this quick internet fame bullshit. Nero is a mediocre writer at best who has been in the game for like 4 months. Im not one to hop on here and shit talk and no disrespect to Nero cuz I walk these streets and I do see your shit alot. All I'm sayin is theres plenty of other writers doin it big with more style, that have been doing it for years that deserve the shine that your giving to this new jack. Ennuics if you are serious about documenting graffiti I think you should study it more before you put your shit out there. thats all.

fair enough, I'm just taking pics and calling it how I see it. Not trying to get this guy up or anything, just happens to be ubiquitous on the street that I was on... that's it. My goal is to chart DC's graffiti in general, and in that case, you gotta start somewhere.

fair enough, I'm just taking pics and calling it how I see it. Not trying to get this guy up or anything, just happens to be ubiquitous on the street that I was on... that's it. My goal is to chart DC's graffiti in general, and in that case, you gotta start somewhere.

Eh,

I think you're doing something good here but it might be a force for bad as well as good. here's why.

an online record of tags, throwies, pieces are accessible by everyone including DC police. this is a record that they may not even have because graffiti largely relies on the property owner reporting it. a lotta people don't though, they just paint it over and that's that. no police record of that tag/throwie/whatever, if thats the case. with an online documentary, however, especially if the location is recognizable, all that's required to make it a charge is testimony of the property owner (assuming they can be reached) that that graffiti was there + the photograph that you took. fight it in court, it's you vs. them and you'll probably lose.

Adding what streets/places that it was found on, then, doesnt help either because it helps law enforcement narrow down the potential locations. if they want to get you, they will. this only helps them.

i think your idea is cool. but dont put it on the internet, and especially dont put it on 12oz. ive been involved with a philadelphia zine thing for a little bit that does exactly what you do (sans locations) but none of it is online. it's fresh/original content that goes in print only. it gets distributed/sold to a few dozen people and is stuff i'll look back on & hold close for a long time. being as its a small circle, its all the more special. it's also a whole lot safer for all of us, featured writers/readers/owners.

onto the other half of this rant,

offering to film graff comes into the charge of aiding and abetting. you ready for that? hope so... thats evidence too, that's in your circle. i dont let people film me for good reason, that in my experience most videographers are a lot like you in that they "love the culture" blah blah blah but then when the police come knocking and they need to save their day jobs/college degree they cop a plea and the writer featured gets slammed. happened before will definitely continue to happen. i dont care if your "down" or any of that shit, simple logic tells me thats the case. prove me wrong.

if you stay on this site and keep your site running, you'll run into problems down the road, as well as cause problems for others. if you move off the web asap you'll avoid problems for a lot longer. graffiti writers arent as hard to find as you might think especially now.

/rant

good luck.

All valid points man, and again. it just so happened that the conversation drifted from a position where I went from coming here to check on DC graff over the past several months to suddenly seeing my blog being posted here and heckled for documenting graff "incorrectly."

And I do agree with you, I'm not in it to record footage to just disseminate online, and again, I have never ever posted my blog or blog entries on this site. In fact, the only reason I saw that comment so fast was because I do check 12oz prophet regularly.

My goal is to elevate graff's public awareness, and I will and do keep these considerations and precautions in mind, in the future.

Good to see my main man Nero getting some hype. Y'all may be sour or hatin' but his name is in your mouths. KTK word is bond. As for the documentary talking about the redline....um yeah I wouldn't say anyone in that list is "smashing" the redline. Keep dreaming. and bump that gator flick that spot went so hard.