Wash DC

colonisms

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Prolific: "producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive: a prolific writer."

This is a pretty prolific writer, with multiple quickies all over 14th and P, moving northeast

No diss to Nero. I don't know the kid and he may be getting the job done in a major way. However, to use the term prolific to describe "multiple quickies all over 14th and P" is a bit hyperbolic. There are a few other writers in DC right now to whom that term would be better applied.

As for context; perhaps the readers of your blog need it, but the majority of folks who peruse this forum space are familiar enough with the local graff environment to provide their own context.

Not trying to diss anyone here, but it seems like we're all in the same boat. Yeah, Nero is no cool disco dan or Borf or anything but why not give this guy some credit for marking every alley and car lot from Mass to U? Not to mention 14th is such a clear delineation of racial separation from Dupont into Logan Circle, what's wrong with inflating DC graff just a bit?

We don't purport to be "experts" or old timers in this area. We use a narrative style and just try and bring a little bit of the city to the rest of the world, that's why we look at the implications of where, not just who. God knows everyone has a story to tell, so why confine DC graff to people who think they are "experts?"

If you want to make a complaint about Nero's "prolific-ness" then comment on our shit, tell our readers the real truth. Honestly, I don't give a fuck, if we're wrong, then we're wrong, just don't rage about what we do or why we do it. This is a project that we started so that everyone can benefit from this documentation, so we can have a record and a running dialogue on it.

Peace.

I, for one, didn't question, let alone rage about what you do or why you do it. I never have a problem with DC area graff getting shine. You were the one who brought up the need for context over "dumping images in a forum space". Context is great for those who need context. To those who don't need it, attempts at providing context can often come across as patronizing.

As for telling your readers the real truth, that's your job. If you want to get the real truth then reach out to those who can best tell that story, rather than throw something out there and then expect them to find you. This is not about anyone being an expert either. The idea of expert or expertise is usually only relevant to those who come at something from the outside anyway. To those who are involved in this culture expertise is irrelevant.

I can't speak for anyone else but as far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with Nero. That kid is doing his/her own thing and getting up. That's great, props to that kid!

As for Ennuics, peace indeed. I wish you much success in your chosen endeavor.

FestoKGB. You one articulate motherEfer! your last two posts break it down well. Bump intellect.

You know what would be cool?!?!? if this blog becomes a prominent way to document dc graff and the bloggers become tight with the writers and then start filming missions and make a documentary, get all sorts of big name writers to do do camio appearances and shit. At the screening, have the bourgeois exit through the gift shop to peruse the merch. fuck ya. Awesome idea.

Nero is a talented vandal.

And I agree, my comments about "raging" were not targeted towards you, nor was my blog post specifically designed or "marketed" toward the 12ozprophet forum, DC graff scene, or getting my name out. I wasn't the one who linked my post here, nor did I go around to graff sites and promote my blog. All we did was begin a documentation series on wordpress and added a few tags like Nero DC, and DC graff, and all of sudden kids are starting shit by ridiculing our documentation style/language. (specifically okkae and thenation)

Anyway, this has already been beaten into the ground, I'm not here to plug anything, just trying to enjoy the DC scenery like everyone else. Keep the pics comin!

You know what would be cool?!?!? if this blog becomes a prominent way to document dc graff and the bloggers become tight with the writers and then start filming missions and make a documentary, get all sorts of big name writers to do do camio appearances and shit. At the screening, have the bourgeois exit through the gift shop to peruse the merch. fuck ya. Awesome idea.

:cool: fat stacks will be made. finally get paid for all this work. manifest greatness King.