NHL 06-07 Season

Ladies and Gentleman, there is almost 1 week until the start of the regular season.

Let the shit talking begin!

Just a little info:

NHL.COM is getting a make over next week. It has been about 6 years since they have updated it.

This is a leaked photo for their new face:

249860120_7604f49274_o.gif

Also Do not forget that if you have digital cable you get one free month of NHL Center Ice. That means 8 channels showing hockey every single night. Cannot beat that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rangers_logo.gif

I think that they have a great chance at the cup this year. They are talking with columbus for Zherdev, if that goes down I think they have it.

Also, Montreal I think has a great chance at the cup this year.

I hope a big city wins it bringing back the NHL of 94 when Hockey was hotter than basketball...

Yeah, you jumped the gun a bit, I kind of make it a point to not watch until the regular season, so I don't have much to add. Last year I watched (or at least the stats) because we had just gotten Thomas Vanek before lockout shit went down and now he was lighting it up, as it turned out he was only one of many great talents to emerge. The Sabres have a good as shot as anyone if someone(s?) can fill McKee's boots, they may have to trade for that, defense is a bit of a challenge to most young players who were our ace in the hole last season. Connolly is hurting from last years head injuries, that sucks, but, hey now, let that be a lesson to the rest of the team, you can't skate with your head down. I loved Grier (more) and DuMont (less), but cest la vie, I hope there aren't any hard feelings. Look at what we have to pay for tickets this year compared to last year, hey, we'll pay it though, or the Candians will come over and pay it.

...oh, and Shameless, must be you lived in a box in '94 (the penalty box?).

What's this now?

If you have digital cable you can get a free month of NHL Center Ice. Its 8 or so channels of hockey every single night...most of the time every game thats televised in the US. Just look around to figure out which channels they are, dont have to order them or anything..

My girl has digital cable, Im going to be over there stealing her tv starting the 4th.

My girl has digital cable, Im going to be over there stealing her tv starting the 4th.

Sweet, I thought it starts the 3rd though? Anyway, it's just the first month? I admit I know next to nothing about the Rangers chances, except they have a good, young goalie.

I dont know if its the third or forth..i thought fourth, gotta look it up. Just one month though, which I will take. After that if you order it, its $140.00 for the season and playoffs.

Buddies of mine all chipped in and got it at their apartment a few years ago. I payed ten bucks and would just go over there and watch games..

We picked up a few good players...mainly Shannahan from Detroit. Hoping Jager stays healthy and there is not too much pressure on Lundqvist. We do have Kevin Weeks to back him up and provide some veteran help. Other than that its majority of the same team as last year. I think that they will do well, but Jager I feel is getting to beat up and old. Im not sure if he will hang in there. If Prucha can pick up steam and play like he did in the euro's then we will be fine.

Anyway that's a pretty good deal regardless, I already pay alot each month to have all these extra channels I never watch, it would be nice to get all the hockey games instead. I don't know if the woman will be down however, I barely have enough time to watch the Sabres, and there is that Laura Knightlinger show that's on IFC now that rocks, it wasn't on this week, in which case a switch may be in order. I need to pay my hockey dues soon too, unless they let me slide game to game which they have in the past. I am pretty much betting on the Sabres making the playoffs this year so that's an extra four games at least.

Who you guys got in Leechi's shoes? And Shanny's got to be old as the hills now, he was old ten years ago, he's got hands though, could be your guys' Andrychuk or Wesley, and he's already won some cups so you won't have to carry that around all playoffs, knock on wood.

• 2 weeks later...

It must be really hard to assemble a stanley cup team. Its usually done over the last few weeks or month before the trade deadline and many times the contracts are not very long. It looks like with salary caps and what not there will be very little opportunity to see a dynasty like the oilers ever again. Bummer.

At least its not like the yankees though...I hate them.