NHL 06-07 Season

Big game tonight. Leafs vs. Ottawa rematch.

There may be retribution. Tucker fucked up Eaves in a fight two nights ago, but the thing is, Eaves isn't a fighter. Not one fight in juniors, college, pros. Then, Tucker taunted him by calling him a turtle. It pains me to say it, but it may be justice for the Sens to mess up someone like Steen or Wellwood.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller gets his first SO(only 3rd career) in his best, if most manic, game of the season, and we tied the NHL opening season wins without a loss record*. The Isles look good despite the loss, the definately had alot of chances. The only real bad mark that I remember was when Witt got beat by Max and totally gave up, but can you blame him?

*Not sure what TO's record was back in the 93-94, 10-0-0 as well? It's different now anyway. It doesn't matter, we play no.2 Atlanta tomorrow.

8-0 and the cheese stands alone. We tied a club record tonight, but I don't remember when shootouts were stopped back in the day so I guess it's hard to compare. Anyway, it's pretty cool for Buffalo to have this happen especially considering the huge storm which crippled the city for days and caused massive power outages. Let's hear it, X, SSP, metronome.

By the way, it looks like we got your best player and you didn't even mention it hurting you at all metronome, must hurt too bad.

who, spacek?

yeah he's good to have on the blue line, but the oiler's defence is managing to cope alright without pronger and spacek... although they got spanked hard by anaheim the other night.

Yeah, he's a good addition to our team. He takes the risks, but he calculates them well. Well the streak is over I guess it's time to talk about something else. Although I do have a beef with that second goal, the dude was all over Miller in the crease, he basically checked him out of the way and the other guy, Kovalchuk?, hit the opening. He does have a nice shot though, and to be fair they haven't been calling that all season, it's pretty shameful. And Koslov is sick in the shootout, 8 of 10.

Greensleeves, you're supposed to hate Buffalo, now why don't you try thinking for yourself.

Im first and foemost a Rangers fan till death.

I think I know why, I was too for a bit, they did have the greatest goalie, even if they eventually let the Pricter take over. He's really a nice guy, just never a fan of his style, he ruined the Rangers for me.

Just messing greensleeves. I also hate the new jerseys despite wanting really desperately not to hate them. Love the third jersey, what self respecting Sabres fan doesn't, and the little number on the front thing is pretty nice too.

Edmonton, you guys have a tough ride out there, so many great clubs out West, it will be interesting to see how they all perform down the stretch, probably gonna take some depth in the roster.

I think I know why, I was too for a bit, they did have the greatest goalie, even if they eventually let the Pricter take over. He's really a nice guy, just never a fan of his style, he ruined the Rangers for me.

Right on. I went back to rooting for the rangers after the beezer finally retired. :cool:

On another subject, The flyers...

Brindy was traded from Philly to Carolina because of a rift between him and lindros. Lindros supposedly had it out with his wife and Brindy punched him out in the lockerroom after Lindros bragged about it infront of him. Philidelphia did the stupid thing and took Lindros and dealt Brindy, showing how horrible their organization was becoming.

5 Years later, philly sucks and Brindy has a cup....lindros's brain is probably hemorraging.

The flyers a good amout of old players who cannot adjust to the game and a good goaltender who they are ruining with their lack of defense and the teams inability to flow with the games quick transitions..

Im glad the beezer got out of there after acouple years.

:lol:

thats the thing fructoes, edmonton has 4 offensive lines running

all 4 lines can score goals, and they have a pretty decent face off %

it's hard to think of any "bad" nhl teams, the league is pretty well wide open again now that they went back to the old rules

I thought they were pretty deep, I haven't gotten to see them much, except last year, and with all the dealing they did I imagine they made out pretty well in that respect. And I like that, "old rules".

That one stat has the potential to hurt the Sabres, face off %.

I saw the flyers took another hammering over the weekend.:eek: How does a team go from a playoff contender to absolute crap in so short a time? They were all old last year too.

Yeah, I'd take either of those two guys in a sec, they do have alot of talented players.

Forsberg's second goal for the rare win night before last was amazing. Guess he got the first one too. He gets a bit hot under the collar sometimes, you know he was the best in the league for years, and he's still got most of it, he should be more focused. It's a tough call with his injuries last season, but you got to think he's still got it in him.

SSP, both Roy and Vanek missed practice the day after their loss, maybe give Max, Roy a rest tommorrow? ? ? Just a thought, probably worth checking out however.