What makes the best concert?

Soup BDC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The band doing the obligatory tossing of the guitar picks into the crowd. i've got a pretty impressive collection from the shows I have been to over the years.

Boogie is so right on. A Show is halfway to greatness with the whole 21+ statuate

Best concert I saw was Blood for Blood and some others at a Catholic school gymnasium in Southy. It was so stinking hot and filled with cigarette smoke and Blood for Blood were the nastiest, most disgusting, horrifying dudes, drinking big steins of beer on stage. I thought I would be hurt very badly.

magnet.jpg

Isnt this offensive?

I saw this on the National Alliance (racist) website....someone or a group of someones have been putting up the racist stickers up all over my town...so i went to their website (listed on the sticker) to see what it was all about and seen this magnet their....fuck a racist!

i feel u on the hip hop shows though....too many fools tryin to act hella hard....as for reggae shows...ur right...hella cute females just vibin to the music..

In order:

quality of bands performance

the venue: sound system/ proper ac/ shade/ decent priced drinks

the crowds enthusiasm

familiarity with the music being played

my attitude that day

Things that can totally ruin a concert for me in one move:

getting a bottle thrown at you

being burned by a cigarette

getting your vans stepped on with a stiletto

obnoxious drunk people

fat sweaty men yelling "bowie bowie" to david bowie

Tonight, NEW experience:

Was invited to check out a poetry slam, which makes me think that I like the smaller venues much more. Poetry slam people are fun witty folk who just have a little too much love for the stage. It was dope except for the 40-something winos in the corner hooting at the most random of moments.

So the slam: good place to hear the most outlandish shit you'll ever hear... but also a good place to hear a fat bitch fantasize about any dude who could somehow put a dick near her, in poem form.

four out of ten.