Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
91-95 were good years in CT. I think people have more skills now, but they also have more resources to use, like 12oz and more graff stores. But what is lacking since that time is there is definitly a lack of people all out bombing.

i dunno. i think some of the shit was really ahead of its time, it didnt really look like what was going down in ny-diffrent/diverse styles.

91-95 were good years in CT. I think people have more skills now, but they also have more resources to use, like 12oz and more graff stores. But what is lacking since that time is there is definitly a lack of people all out bombing.

I was around at the tail end of that era, and I think it was just as easy, maybe easier to get supplies back then. Just pop down to 10xDope and get some caps, and the color selection was better. Paint was cheaper. Krylon has no opacity now. Unless you buy euro paint, you have to deal with more paint issues now. Female caps for all the PT and AA colors and all that shit. As easily as you can order all this paint online now, the bar as stepped way higher to hang on a national scale. Sponsorships and higher quality supplies are widening the gap between the haves and have nots.

I don't see how the internet helps any more than all the magazines and meeting spots available back in 94-95. Back then the Tune Inn served as a sort of Writers Bench, and that kind of community is long gone in our scene. We don't have anything like that these days. if we did, i guarantee that there would be a lot less of this online whining and shit talking. Things are much different face to face, you find out people are actually cool in person, and not what the word on the street makes them out to be.

As far as bombing, break out those gutter street spots you did and show us what's up playboy.

thats true. i dont have gutter street spots to showcase, but some people are definately trying to correct this. a lot of writers seem to be going directly to pieces without making this necessary stop, the result being shitty tags, and even shittier bombs...rather tag for 3-4 years and develop nasty skills than be able to piece right off the bat and have no handstyle whatsoever. guess we'll see what the future hold for this somewhat dying element.