Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I was around at the tail end of that era, and I think it was just as easy, maybe easier to get supplies back then. Just pop down to 10xDope and get some caps, and the color selection was better. Paint was cheaper. Krylon has no opacity now. Unless you buy euro paint, you have to deal with more paint issues now. Female caps for all the PT and AA colors and all that shit. As easily as you can order all this paint online now, the bar as stepped way higher to hang on a national scale. Sponsorships and higher quality supplies are widening the gap between the haves and have nots.

I don't see how the internet helps any more than all the magazines and meeting spots available back in 94-95. Back then the Tune Inn served as a sort of Writers Bench, and that kind of community is long gone in our scene. We don't have anything like that these days. if we did, i guarantee that there would be a lot less of this online whining and shit talking. Things are much different face to face, you find out people are actually cool in person, and not what the word on the street makes them out to be.

Well, as a younger writer - I think thats what I always expected it to be like. Meeting up with heads, trading books and scraping.

Instead I was introduced into the internet, and absolutely no-one who who took it seriously.. I was never taught how to paint, or 'what to do'. It would have been cool to have a mentor or something, someone who knew their shit.

Well, as a younger writer - I think thats what I always expected it to be like. Meeting up with heads, trading books and scraping.

Instead I was introduced into the internet, and absolutely no-one who who took it seriously.. I was never taught how to paint, or 'what to do'. It would have been cool to have a mentor or something, someone who knew their shit.

i hope your not that shmuck from my area that writes bates seen or "spic"

i wasnt taught shit either but i didnt go around munchin other peoples letter style or their name for that matter.

get shit started with a couple of well knowns

img1774-48kk24kkv.jpg

img1770-f997yuwg.jpg

I was around at the tail end of that era, and I think it was just as easy, maybe easier to get supplies back then. Just pop down to 10xDope and get some caps, and the color selection was better. Paint was cheaper. Krylon has no opacity now. Unless you buy euro paint, you have to deal with more paint issues now. Female caps for all the PT and AA colors and all that shit. As easily as you can order all this paint online now, the bar as stepped way higher to hang on a national scale. Sponsorships and higher quality supplies are widening the gap between the haves and have nots.

I don't see how the internet helps any more than all the magazines and meeting spots available back in 94-95. Back then the Tune Inn served as a sort of Writers Bench, and that kind of community is long gone in our scene. We don't have anything like that these days. if we did, i guarantee that there would be a lot less of this online whining and shit talking. Things are much different face to face, you find out people are actually cool in person, and not what the word on the street makes them out to be.

As far as bombing, break out those gutter street spots you did and show us what's up playboy.

Back then the only places to get caps was 10x dope. I remember I almost got in a fight with cryze there, because I went over him. Or I use to go to that place on West Broadway in NYC. Krylon and Rusto were the only paints back then and you just had to deal with what they had. Sword from BPT showed me how to use/make stock krylon caps. The internet was not really an option back then and even cameras were a pain in the ass. the only time I had a camera, it was a disposable, because digital cameras, weren't really around either.

As for the internet, you can come on 12oz and get a ton of info. That story you told me about the caps might not happen now, because you could learn here about the simple stuff. Tune Inn was alright, but I saw alot more people at the BK in norwalk. You just didn't roll to some places and do the shit talking that I see on here. There are a few kids I have seen smacked for talking much less shit then they do on here.

As for my bombing, I have painted almost all of 95 and the Metro North line from New Haven to the NY. You can still see buff hollows on barriers in NY. If you anybody has pics, post them. My days of bombing are over, I am grown with two kids, getting caught bombing now would be stupid. But if your 18-25, go for it. Even after i joined the Army and moved to Cali, I was in the Sante Fe yard bombing all the time.

I just think that everyone is learning more technical skills of painting and not necessarily getting up like everyone did back then. Not good or bad, just different. Different time, different ways.

got kids still bomb. i like piecing and bombing the same. i feel good after doing both.

thebestouthere if you havent seen the name doesnt mean he hasnt been doing it for Years

img1764-48kk97kqd.jpg

mixedpaintluva

img1766-48kkasltg.jpg

thoselawfightingTwistedLurkerFreaks

img1777-48kkb0vhk.jpg

img1776-48kkbn3ov.jpg

img1765-48kkbvdts.jpg

not me in action

yo009-48kkcwyo5.jpg

theres more but i think you get the point

*waiting impatiently for more flix*

Instead I was introduced into the internet, and absolutely no-one who who took it seriously..I was never taught how to paint, or 'what to do'.

^^ that seems to be case a lot huh?

It would have been cool to have a mentor or something, someone who knew their shit.

definitely...especially having someone with a good head on their shoulders, instead of some jackass down on his own dick, or someone who just doesn't give a shit. The graff in CT would be a bit better for it don't you think?

low5 - No i dont write any of that.. :) Ive been writing with a fairly original name for 5 years. Although there is a big freight i see every now in then that i didn't do layed up near me..

username9013 - Yea when i was younger and started writing... I always wanted like anyone from DF or 3A to be my mentor. I looked up to ouija, ges, kem, emit, jive, sub, and cycle alot. They were my biggest inspiration for sure. I remember seeing a Jive peice for the first time ever..

low5 - No i dont write any of that.. :) Ive been writing with a fairly original name for 5 years. Although there is a big freight i see every now in then that i didn't do layed up near me..

username9013 - Yea when i was younger and started writing... I always wanted like anyone from DF or 3A to be my mentor. I looked up to ouija, ges, kem, emit, jive, sub, and cycle alot. They were my biggest inspiration for sure. I remember seeing a Jive peice for the first time ever..

my bad , ive been drinkin and im pumped

i guess i cant say i learned all bymyself. what used to be the real writers from my area were the ones i guess i looked up to as far as bombin, they never taught me anything but i got alot of ideas from them. theyre my homies so it was cool. as far as piecing i always sweated tats cru, suk, fx (ialways thought cycle was from ct) but emit was the main ct writer i liked in the 90s i found out about the rest of ct in almost the late 90s through the net. i didnt need to bite i had so many ideas of my own and i was already artistic.

i learned alot on the net though as far as keeping spots chill, mixing paint, etc if you dont have someone to show you shit like that it helps. ive passed the word on myself to whoever i can.

and if you cant hook up with other writers the way it supposed to, the net is the next best thing. ive chilled at spots for hours sometimes thinking itd be awesome to meet a real writer from here.

got kids still bomb. i like piecing and bombing the same. i feel good after doing both.

thebestouthere if you havent seen the name doesnt mean he hasnt been doing it for Years

img1764-48kk97kqd.jpg

mixedpaintluva

img1766-48kkasltg.jpg

thoselawfightingTwistedLurkerFreaks

img1777-48kkb0vhk.jpg

img1776-48kkbn3ov.jpg

img1765-48kkbvdts.jpg

not me in action

yo009-48kkcwyo5.jpg

theres more but i think you get the point

Who the hell is this toy?

...imbiased i rep 203 and thats all i saw. no mentors but i saw inspirstion innovation, and persperation..yall aint gonna see old skool ink76,ewok5mh,veto,ultra,dedos,dalek,bel,virus,cycle,egon2j,ive,,never,kape,rem,eros,perve,emit,wink,cooldiscodan taggs in fartford from waaaay bak just to name a fEW. it was bridgeport and norwalk stamford too.. cant forget danbury step up or you get burried props to psoup and larry. ive been drinkin again and im high on drugs.

that toy will knock you the fuck out and go over all your shit you fuckin hick. your best piece doesnt look any better than my sloppiest, id be happy to battle a fool like you.

How many metro north trains has this toy painted???

Shut the hell up. Learn to take a fucking joke while you're at it. Do you think I really give a shit about anybody on here?

oohhh my bad your so much cooler than me cause you painted a couple of cleans. if you dont give a shit you wouldnt talk shit. i have a good sence of humor. you are not funny. we are not friends so you think im gonna take that as a joke.

like i said id be glad to battle you.

I think everyone on this board would agree that that dude needs to work on his shit. Who cares if he's been writing for years. I just started yesterday.

what! youve been writing well longer than me and your no better. this thread needs some fuckin bombin. you have spots more chill than mine and you still arent clean.

go work on your shit fool

fucking numbskull you dont make sense. i Do give a shit about bombing and i took those pics today with a quik walk around tonight. wait you havent painted since 95 what are you doing here, and what the fuck makes you think you can critisize shit especially when its not some spot in the middle of the woods. fuck outta here

all about bombs...love the pieces in chill spots with mad time, but love the quick shit out on the street where the risk is increased 100 fold...thw fact that cats can be swift, and still crazy clean gets me everytime

word up nigga aint nothin better! Bombs Over Bahgdad!