Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I believe it's a waste of paint to do hollows on shit. Do fillins or pieces. These toys just did this rooftop in Bpt. that seemed impossible to access, but they got up there. And guess what they did, some gay tags and hollows. What's the mentality there? Why risk something like that do put up some bullshit? I'd rather see a piece on the highway than 100 bombs. Anybody can do that.

low5 - No i dont write any of that.. :) Ive been writing with a fairly original name for 5 years. Although there is a big freight i see every now in then that i didn't do layed up near me..

username9013 - Yea when i was younger and started writing... I always wanted like anyone from DF or 3A to be my mentor. I looked up to ouija, ges, kem, emit, jive, sub, and cycle alot. They were my biggest inspiration for sure. I remember seeing a Jive peice for the first time ever..

i think the internet has made it easier to draw inspiration/bite from a much wider aray of styles and places, and has also taken alot of the legwork out of it. i used to troop to spots all over new your and CT looking for pieces and thats where i got my ideas and inspiration from. with the internet dudes can pull up pieces from all over the worldand pick a style from LA to jack or from Brisbane or whatever. it is way easier now to get good by just sitting on the computer picking apart millions of pieces and just sit at the same super chill wall or basement/garrage until they have some skills. i do think its easier now with the internet. remember, getting a "mentor" from an ill crew wasnt exactly easy. ill bet if you walked up to GAZE in 94 painting a wall and said, "hey, im young and i suck, wanna mentor me" it wouldnt have worked so well. i would think that meeting other dudes at or a little above your skillset nowadays is pretty easy, just PM them.

heres a piece from my man may he rest in piece and an old JICK mess. you like that K don't you, yeah, straight fire. note in the top right RAGE dissing BENT with the "I COMIN FOR YOU!" man that guys an animal.

2052084673_9e8bcb455a.jpg?v=0

2052870942_e61d2e5854.jpg?v=0

DSC04355.jpg

plenty more flicks, but not sharing because sometimes "the woods shit" is safer to post than the other things we flick, especially how 12oz, allows read access to anyone without an account to see flicks... get it? Funny, you got everyone complaining where the flicks at, but they don't put in the work to get flicks of anything but their own shit.. so they have nothing to share... People that do put in work, share their flicks, and people critisize them for taking only woods shit, or putting up pictures for "quick fame".. So you post flicks you get shit, you don't post flicks, you get shit... so fuck it, go out get your own flicks... too much bullshit. Personally if dudes want their "illegal shit" posted, they will post it themselves... No one should take it upon themselves to post the hot shit, to contribute to the lurkers that could use it incorrectly. It's hard to keep shit full of content in here, and keep everyone happy, while keeping shit on the L and remaining safe law-wise.

Bump that Celo.

I remember when I was like 19 and Celo was around 13. That little bastard called me up on the phone threatening me.Lot of balls he had for a scrawny little one. Was so heated at that dude,We had a little war goin on for a while. never bumped into him again though.Wanted to kick the crap out of him.I'm not a grudgeholder. Felt horrible when I heard he passed. RIP Celo.

91-95 were good years in CT. I think people have more skills now, but they also have more resources to use, like 12oz and more graff stores. But what is lacking since that time is there is definitly a lack of people all out bombing.

For us "DF, Imok" Emit, Jive, Gaze, Wink etc. 90-95 was a time to rack caps from crystal clear and carpet cleaner... paint was racked and good colors were mixed... aqua, purple, jungle, silver with a color.

I went bombing in CT, NY...Westchester, Brooklyn, Bronx, and a couple trips to Wash. DC. and Boston.

Never took a camera bombing or even went back to get flicks..... the internet has changed that. Kids will flick dumpster tags and post that shit now a days. Gotta make sure to get recognition for your hard work. Back then if it got buffed you had to just go paint more so people would see it.

Never really had a mentor, but just seeing someone who knew what was up with painting (caps, cutting, technique) is really all the mentoring you need. I looked at Besm, and Noble for those infleuences.... and of course taking photos in NY. We brought a lot of the Bronx to CT, not on purpose, but NY was really far ahead of CT at that time so to follow that was just natural. The CT Newhaven area cats from back then had a strong NY influence as well... Brat, Cryze, Eros etc.

Those were good days for sure. The Highways ran. We had a big ass legal wall to chill at and learn, and there was a millon places to paint.