the immigration thread.

luke skywalker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Anti-Immigration

okay so i have been reading and seeing on the news how immigration is becoming a big concern. especially for the hispanic/latino community. and Obama isn't that intrested in the immigration "laws" that are in effect. detaining and deporting hard working immigrants that actually pay there taxes and try to put food on the table for there families are just getting treated like they are crimminals. seeing this is crossfire i thought i would start this thread here. anyone else think anything of this?

Re: Anti-Immigration

whenever an incredibly complex concept gets boiled down to generalizations i lose interest.

for example,

i'm not of the mind that obama is the cause. (this is a problem that reaches far beyond just whoever is the current president and did not start 3 years ago)

or that all immigrants are hardworking (though i know many are and do pay taxes etc)

aside from that, we have several immigration threads already.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118789&highlight=immigration

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134741&highlight=immigration

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132298&highlight=immigration

i'm going to merge this one with the last one i listed, seems most applicable.

Re: Immigration Status

today in california assembly man Tim Donnelly has promoted an anti-immigration bill that some what resembles the arizona state bill that was passed. dam the white man is really trying to step up his efforts in passing a bill in a state that is filled with immigrants. hah one quote i read from one white guy was "here we are giving you the american dream, while you are giving us an american nightmare". any cali locals think this bill will pass?

^^ i used to agree with that. but i came to realize that cracking down on employers would mean just as much of a police state as deporting all illegals.

bullshit. sounds like you employ illegals.

fining corporate america for watering down our own economy is a good idea. fuck whatever you have to say after that.

ps: sry, mad about something else. had to respond though.

the US would be a carcass because we need to intervene in other countries for our security or because cuts in the defense budget would put all the troops out of jobs? i disagree with both.

no, the U.S. would be a carcass if it stopped spending on military for one reason only:

we steal money from other countries, by forcing them to sell us their valuable resources at a fraction of the cost after we overthrow their dictators.

standard operating procedure.

google: economic hitmen

today in california assembly man Tim Donnelly has promoted an anti-immigration bill that some what resembles the arizona state bill that was passed. dam the white man is really trying to step up his efforts in passing a bill in a state that is filled with immigrants. hah one quote i read from one white guy was "here we are giving you the american dream, while you are giving us an american nightmare". any cali locals think this bill will pass?

No...and you answered your own question when you said...

...the white man is really trying to step up his efforts in passing a bill in a state that is filled with immigrants.

...also, don't forget that Caucasians are a minority in CA.

• 2 weeks later...

[just merged another thread]

^regarding shai's comment above.. the white man may be a minority in cali, but he is still mostly in control of what's happening.

i don't know if i've ever commented in here

i think this is one of those issues i could not possibly care less about

wtf do i care if someone wants to come live here. sheesh. my grandparents were immigrants, after all.