double bass; anything less is faggot pussy shit for queers and girls!

seeking

Originally posted by MaKeItHaPpEn+Dec 15 2005, 12:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaKeItHaPpEn - Dec 15 2005, 12:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by theGOON@Dec 14 2005, 09:26 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-26SidedCube@Dec 14 2005, 03:59 PM

Good drummers don't need a double bass to get that sound.

comments of this sort are strictly ignorant.

i'll say that jazz drummers (or those trained in jazz) tend to have incredible talent, that ends up applying to just about every genre that those drummers involve themselves in. and they tend to not use double bass pedals. thats ok. but metal's sound uses that bass pedal--sometimes bands don't use it--sometimes its abused, rambling... as was said its like an extension, i forgot where i was going with this... METAL FUCKING RULES... and i've got to admit kittie isn't that bad..

and people think goths are stupid because they are fucking stupid...........

exactly..obviously 26 hasnt heard lamb of god.or just doesnt like good metal.

[/b]

Lamb of god? Motherfucker get serious. If I want to listen to a talented drummer I'll throw on some Max Roach. Being able to bobble your feet on two bass pedals like you're stepping on a shattered ant colony doesn't make you a good drummer in the same right that playing fast doesn't make you a technical musician.

Metal's fucking wack, people seriously need to get over this shit stat.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sparoism

Some metal is good, but the majority of it is unlistenable.

I admit to a jazz bias though....same rule of thumb applies equally to jazz, however (e.g.,quiet storm=homicidal thoughts).

too bad i wouldn't even consider NoFX punk.

Double bass is good in some situations, but way too many bands over do it completely. The world needs less bands playing fucking chug chug chug breakdowns.

Edit: the first comment was in response to something further back. And yes, get the fuck out of hardcore with the double bass. leave that shit to some really heavy metal band.

basicly Some1 said the correct thing.

its an addon to the set. BUT without it you CAN NOT do sertain awesom shit.

I was trained in jazz for 6 year and metal for 4 years..and without the double bass pedal...well I wouldent be playing metal. The shit that people can do with the damn thing is incredible...listen to MASHUGGA, that shit is spastic sincronazation where his feet are playing a burst rhythem in 11 and he is playing 4/4 with his hands uptop. Cryptopsy's drummer Flo Mournir plays super retrded fast DB at like 290bpm no problem while stoping and starting and doing technical shit ontop NOT TO MENTION blastbeats out the ass IN ODD TIME!!!

and the time it takes to LEARN the mother fucker is amaising..that bitch is NOT easy and anyone who sais so is a fucking moron thats to stuck on punk or "classic rock" to open their eyes and see wh at a fucking fag they are. after 4 years of DB im no were near some of the greats like derrick roddy of hate eternal or the dude from ORIGIN

witch brings me to another awesom thing...GRAVITY BLASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

motherfucking ONE HANDED ROLLS!!! combined with superfast DB makes a fucking WALL OF AWESOM BOOLDTHRASHDEATH As much of a novlety this is.its fun as shit to do..my new band does open note stoner sludge sections while I gravity and we call it HYDROGRIND thenbreak into super techbreakdowns...god I love it.

check the new cryptopsy album for some sick gravityblasts and the band ORIGIN does them alot.

24618798_l.jpg

my drumset is named DUKE

and for a video of a dominating metal drummer

http://www.myspace.com/lordmarc0 this guy is 20 and kills you all, he now tours with vital remains

thats my 2cents

bump...

good to see that kind of growth cramps. have to admit i'm impressed w/ how far you've come since the days of prosecution.

and i resent being quoted then being thrown in w/ the opinion that lamb of god is "good fucking metal" amusing. moshable. alright, at best.

Archived