mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

thinking of how i should run the back of my bike..should i go fender less on back w/a short seat? or crop this bicycle tire bobber fender i got for the back? if i do that i think im going to swap out my clubmans for dirt track bars...not sure..fuck..thoughts?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i got a 78 honda cb400t--its been a melding of cafe/bobber/brat/dirt track/hybrid..or at least it's been going back and forth between the 5 styles..

ive been rebuilding it and it's shed at least 40-50 pounds.. i'm making it a one seater.. i cut 6 inches off the back of the bike.

im sandblasting some parts today for trade of a case of beer...score!

i got a 78 honda cb400t--its been a melding of cafe/bobber/brat/dirt track/hybrid..or at least it's been going back and forth between the 5 styles..

ive been rebuilding it and it's shed at least 40-50 pounds.. i'm making it a one seater.. i cut 6 inches off the back of the bike.

im sandblasting some parts today for trade of a case of beer...score!

cafe's can be annoying only because it can be so snooty as far as modifications go. it seems to be about period correct parts and that can turn into a expensive habit.

brat, you could do whatever you want, and if youre into it, its cool.

in the end, fuck it, whatever riding style you like most.

i feel you on the cafe racer ish getting real expensive real quick..

i grew up on dirt bikes and my purchase as a adult was a 01 klr650 enduro..still got it, so im prone to dirt track bars and dirt tires.. ive been seeing alot of cross melding bikes with bobber styling and drit track knobbies or cafe clubman bars mixed with bobber seats and bobber fenders. so im back and forth of what to do.. although i think i found the shorty seat i want...mocked up the seat pan for it today, gonna have all the circuit and electrical ish underneath the seat pan, and the battery moved to the swing arm...

just finished up sandblasting some parts. never did it before but shit was fun, and crazy tiriing..if i get a chance tomorrow i'll have some flics of the bikee and the workshop my homie is letting me work in...

My feelings on cafe are exactly the same: Part costs are over inflated because everybody wants what's in style, and for how most cafes turn out (words like generic, tryhard, poser come to mind), it's not worth it. I dug how that CB750 looked (that placement posted) with the banged in tank, 'nana seat and risers FAR more than a fucking Triton. The CB looked like it was purpose built by an intelligent person who had very personal needs. That to me is far more cool and interesting than when people build bikes like cafes because somebody else told them that's how a bike should look.

People forget that original cafes look the way they do because of form following function. If you do that with any bike it's going to look amazing.

shit, you guys are haters...livin up to the crotch rocket snottie fucks..

for me, 100 is fast...im just fine with 80 being fast..im planning on driving some distance on the bike..maybe around the midwest...

i drove from vegas to chicago on my klr 650. im not looking to do that on this but its a bike that im building with my two hands and 80 sounds fast enough for me....

shit, you guys are haters...livin up to the crotch rocket snottie fucks...

IMG00029.jpg

kz400 a couple of us put werk in on. 7" stretched swing arm, brat style.

who the fuck cares about 80, 70, or even 60. it's your bike and as long as you're feeling it...

shit, you guys are haters...

Missed this thread, I bought my first road-legal bike in January. On a CBT L plate.. Honda XR125l.

Pretty awesome, although it took me a while to get comfortable with road riding, alot of rules and shit.

Pretty slow top end, but for commuting and general riding it's great. Good for a little off road too.

It has the old CG engine so is fairly bulletproof, perfect leaner-legal that'll last for years (hopefully).

Dunno if you guys get it in the US actually, heard it wasn't released there.

11578.1258568662.0512.jpg

Also, you guys use ACF-50 on your bikes?

Hi Kevin

This is Brian Vierra at Ace Motorsports in Concord. I wanted to let you know we have a demo model of the 796 Hyper if you are available to come by and ride it. We will also be have a big demo weekend May 8th and 9th with both the Ducati and Triumph demo trucks. Stop by.

Thank you

Brian

Ace Motorsports

:D :D :D