<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest spectr

yo I got a xbox 360 problem.... anyone willing to give a little help? I think my power supply is fried but am not positive since I still can open the tray and it lights up... it just wont turn on all the way.. the green light comes on then a red light flashes around it... then it shuts off a few seconds later...

The power supply has several built-in safeguards to help prevent damage to either the console or to the power supply itself. The power supply can turn itself off in conditions of too much current, too-high voltage, or too-high temperature. Under these conditions, the light on the power supply will turn from green to orange or to red, or the light will turn off. When the power supply light is green, the power supply is correctly providing power.

• Follow these safeguards to help the power supply work:

• Do not block any ventilation openings in the power supply.

• Do not put the power supply on a bed, on a sofa, or on any other soft surface that may block ventilation openings.

• Do not put the power supply in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless the space is well ventilated.

• Do not put the power supply on a stereo speaker, an amplifier, or a heat source such as a radiator or a heat register.

• Plug the power supply directly into a known good wall outlet. Do not use extension cords or power strips.

I have a Dell Dimension 5150, can anyone tell me where to get the driver for the on board sound from, I have checked their site and haven't had any luck with the drivers, well driver software, which were listed on the software page for my computer, one was Creative (I think that was an upgrade card so I wasn't suprised that didn't work) and the other was like Sigmatel or something.

My on board sound works just fine, I have tested it using the diagnostics, I just can't find the driver for XP.

yo I got a xbox 360 problem.... anyone willing to give a little help? I think my power supply is fried but am not positive since I still can open the tray and it lights up... it just wont turn on all the way.. the green light comes on then a red light flashes around it... then it shuts off a few seconds later...

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/1651/The-Red-Ring-of-Death/p1/

That's what I'm saying, none of these worked for me. The creative one says I don't have a supported card, and the sigmatel driver gives me an error message right away but installs anyway. The audiology thingy, I haven't had luck with either. I have tried to manually install the driver for the PCI device that has a question mark by it in the device manager from the locations of the downloaded audio drivers (assuming this is sound card because it is not working), that doesn't work. Apparently lots of other people have had the same problem as I when reinstalling XP after formatting their drives. Judging from the audio help forum on Dell's site. I do get the audio from the dell setup diagnostics program, so the audio is working, just not from inside windows. It would be such a cop out to have to buy a new sound card I feel, but then again I'm on here trying to get help so. . .