<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

I got this 2*cable in card and a remote which I'm going to try to get that up and running soon, so I can shitcan my DVR. My bills are out of control, it is nice to record two shows at once however, but do I want to pay 12 dollars a month or whatever to do that, shit no, so that's what I'ma do. It's probably been there done that for you all, so is it going to go easy, or am I going to have to struggle.

tell me what kind og PVR card you have. if it's an ATI, i can hit you up with proper shits...

oh yeah, look for windvr, too. that shit is the best for reception, clarity, ease of use, etc.

intervideo WinDVR

also, if you have to PVR cards, you can do picture in picture or record two shows at the same time. they aren't very expensive at this point.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm not sure, it's the one that comes on a Dell, my friend got one and he doesn't need it because he doesn't have cable. I have the safety instructions and remote here in front of me, but the card is still in his comp since I had to work tonight. Says Luminate Angel II Dual TV Tuner, is that the name of the PVR? If so I think I found it here. http://www.lumanate.com/aspx/sptangelpci.aspx

So this morning I woke up to find something interesting happening on my computer...

Yesterday I decided I was going to add a whole bunch of jazz to my music collection since I was lacking that... so I downloaded about 20 albums, most of them were down downloading when I was about to go to sleep, but a few weren't so I decided to leave my computer on and add a couple movies to the list. figuring they would be done by morning.. well they were, along with a nice little surprise of bittorrent trying to access my email client 15 times.... so i'm using bittorrent 5.0.5. I have never had this happen before in all my years of using bit torrent.. luckily i hadn't fully uninstalled mcafee and it prevented it.. My computer is clean as far as viruses go.. though I do have a guest account running for my shitty roommates to use to check email and shit.. But that account is completely lacking privileges.. so yeah... any ideas on why this happened casek? or anyone else? anyone have similar things happen? oh and yes I did look through the settings on bittorrent... and there is nothing there about that.. and am currently checking the faqs to see if they mention something...

In response to my issue with my SD card the other day not reading, it appears as though if I remove the card without the 'safely remove hardware' action, I can easily reinsert the card and it gets read. I think this is rather stupid as I have done this with my Ipod before, and it wiped all the data off it.

Is there any chance the same could happen to my memory card??

http://www.dvdflick.net/

try that one

Ya, i saw it on digg, and it seem sperfect except for i want a menu.

How big is that program casek?

I am thinking of grabbing it to try, but still think I'll keep Nero on my system anyway as a backup.

If you're referring to DVD Flick, the installer's about 7mb and when installed takesup like 14mb, really good. Also, i heard this prog is super easy to use and does all encoding, etc in one swoop. Only thing is it doesn't make menu's.

Ya, i saw it on digg, and it seem sperfect except for i want a menu.

If you're referring to DVD Flick, the installer's about 7mb and when installed takesup like 14mb, really good. Also, i heard this prog is super easy to use and does all encoding, etc in one swoop. Only thing is it doesn't make menu's.

one program i have become particularly fond of is super dvd converter.

if you don't like that, try intervideo's dvd creating program.

so many to choose from.

on another note, i made $40 for donating plasma the other day. have to go back again and make another $40. got to watch a movie adn talk to pretty pre-nursing students.

free money and womens are teh bidness.

Damn, what a scam. $40 for doing something that benefits others, and the added extra of hot girls??

I'll try that dvdflick program. Let you know what I think.

the way i see it, if you use that dvdflick, use it for movies. if you want tv shows on a dvd and have to have menus, then use nero or intervideo.

word to your moms.

Hey casek, does that intervideo whatever prog you use TAKE FUCKING 9 HOURS TO ENCODE AND MAKE AN ISO OF 5 350MB EPISODES? It's been going for 6 hours and says it has 3 hours left.

This sucks, i don't want to have my pc rendered unusable for 9-12 hours two more times. And i can't do it overnight as my bro is up when i'm asleep, and vice versa.