<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

hey for the viewers what the hell do you want to see posted here add yer comments

What Do You Want To See Here

I just moved into a spot with comcast wifi.

My Mac, after typing in the WEP key, works perfectly.

When I try to connect my Nintendo Wii I get an error message.

I don't have access to the router at the moment, but it is a Netgear and the coaxial cable connects directly into the router.

I cant find anything about this router, what type it is anything, anyone know whats up?

Wy my Mac can connect and the Wii cant?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWirelessSlow.jsp

Slow Download Times or Errors Received While Connecting

# Check the location of your router.

Move your router away from walls and off the floor and try to place it in a central location in your home. Also, keep it away from metal objects such as metal filing cabinets which can cause interference.

# Check for interference.

There are two types of interference that can cause problems with your Wireless connection:

1. Wireless interference from other Wireless routers in your area. Did you see several network names (SSIDs) come up when you used Search for an Access Point? This could indicate a lot of WiFi activity in your vicinity that can cause interference.

2. Noise from Cordless devices (cordless phones), or wireless electronics (wireless keyboards, headphones, cell phones), especially those using the 2.4GHz frequency, can interfere with your wireless signal. In addition, older microwave models can cause wireless interference.

To minimize interference try the following:

* Do not use other wireless/cordless devices when trying to get online with your Wii console. Also, avoid electronics that use the 2.4GHz frequency, instead look for devices that use the 5.8GHz or 900MHz frequencies.

* Change the channel on your router. By default most routers broadcast on channel 6. Change the channel setting to 1 or 11, as those do not overlap with other channels. Router "Channel" settings are typically found in the "Wireless Settings" area of your wireless router's setup utility. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).

# Upgrade to a hi-gain antenna, and/or add a Wireless repeater.

If your wireless network signal is weak, you can add a Hi-gain antenna that focuses the signal into one direction. This allows you to aim the signal directly in the direction of the Wii. A wireless repeater extends the wireless range. Both devices can boost your signal strength and allow the signal to cut through interference and noise more effectively. Most retailers that sell Wireless routers will also have these accessories available.

# Upgrade 802.11b devices to 802.11g.

While 802.11b is the most common type of wireless network, the 802.11g network is about 5 times faster. Most 802.11g routers are backward-compatible with 802.11b, so you can still use any 802.11b devices that you currently have

Batman #44, Nov 1968: Batman infiltrates a communist worker's organization but is exposed by the Green Arrow, who sympathizes with their cause. Forced to ingest LSD and rum, Batman generally acts silly and is totally out of it during an orgy. (I can't believe nobody took pictures!)