<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Fuck, I dont have a couple of hundred (actually 158) to spare right now....damn Christmas shopping, I guess I will have to take it next year and study up on the Linux.....that also means that this A+ study book I have is going to be shit in a couple of weeks.

you'll be ok. mainter and i can help you brush up on your stuff for the next month or so.

you need to know the shit on the new test anyway.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Total Video Recorder won't even install into my computer. I click setup, and then nothing happens except for a millisecond flash of a window on my screen.

My computer, which is new (casek, you might remember the specs) reboots by itself from time to time. Is this an over heating issue? The vid card has one of those gravity heat pipes, and theres a fan or two in the case.

It often happens right when I open a new tab in mozilla.

"Opera Mini 3.0 is out of beta. The feature list includes RSS integration, a user-interface geared towards mobile devices and small screen size, and it's fast for relatively slower mobile data connections (with picture upload/sharing if you are into it). Requirement for using it: You must have a phone capable of running Java mobile applications and are using an Internet connection (officially supported devices are listed)."

nerd.gif

Hi guys hi,

I was wondering if you have ever kissed a girl before...

Honestly i'm 28 and I remeber one time coming real close and the deal got broken because my friends didn't end up buying her that drink it sucked.

So if you have can you tell me how it is I would really appreciate it thanks in advance.

yes you jackass (i am engaged) i dont know whats worse never being kissed or getting married

"This week Apple has released fixes for 31 vulnerabilities in its OS, although reportedly a number of known flaws remain un-addressed (according to the instigator of the Month of Kernel Bugs, 'Apple hasn't fixed any of the bugs published during [MoKB], except for the AirPort issue'). Earlier this year, in a move reminiscent of Microsoft's past patching faux pas, Apple released a 'fix' the installation of which broke features unrelated to the targeted flaw. With the growing number of low-level flaws, one has to wonder if Apple's 'more secure' argument still stands. Earlier this month, Microsoft released 6 fixes. Linux does not seem to fare much better. Despite all of these fixes, exploits remain in the wild for each platform. Perhaps, security-wise, the OS choice really boils down to a 'pick-your-poison X user-base' equation?"

US has Had Dell For Years

chinese-pc.jpg

If there's any effect that NickNeg's OLPC has had on the global market for cheap computer hardware, it's that other companies are now trying to get a piece of the low-cost computer pie. At first, there was the (now defunct) AMD PIC, followed by the upstart underdog, the Intel Classmate PC, both of which kinda sorta tried to go head-to-head with the OLPC (among others). Now China's trying to get in the game too, and has just released a new 1600 yuan ($203) computer made by the Jiangsu Menglong Science and Technology Company. The Agence France Presse reports that the unnamed computer, which is powered by the 750MHz 64-bit homegrown Codson IIE chip, comes with a 40GB hard drive and 256MB of RAM. While you've got to BYO keyboard, mouse, and monitor for now, if these same Chinese brainiacs ever manage to swing a laptop out of this or any of the other ultra low-cost Chinese PCs like it, NickNeg may actually have some real competition on his hands.

It's taken more than five years, but now Microsoft has finally declared Vista done. The update to the ubiquitous Windows operating system is scheduled to be delivered to big businesses and to computer makers by the end of November, and consumers should start getting their hands on it in January. Expect to see a trickle, then a flood, of Vista-related software and hardware news as the industry adjusts to the changing landscape

http://news.com.com/2009-1016_3-6132982.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news

nerd.gif

Hi guys hi,

I was wondering if you have ever kissed a girl before...

Honestly i'm 28 and I remeber one time coming real close and the deal got broken because my friends didn't end up buying her that drink it sucked.

So if you have can you tell me how it is I would really appreciate it thanks in advance.

yes, lots. it's like being sucked into a vortex of never ending puppy love and dr. phil is talking you through it. it's actually a nightmare. a sweet, sweet, souless, dark, demon from hell.

hit my props button for being a dumbass

Brand Transcend

Model TS8GSDHC

Type Secure Digital High-Capacity(SDHC)

Tech Spec

Capacity 8GB

Features Fully compatible with the SD 2.0 Standard

Class 2 specification

Original NAND Flash Chip

Supports Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct errors

Mechanical Write Protection Switch