<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

hey computer wizes, a while ago, someone posted a link to a site, http://up2u.in/

to this site where you can get free magazines, but now you need some sort of "vip" bullshit that i was wondering if theres any way around it or if someone has the code already and wants to share

To Ride The Fire-

I'm giving up on MEPIS till the final release is out...I had the same problem you did with getting Xwindows to work, but I finally got it to load....then while the installer was running, the system crashed at the "22% completed" point. So, phooey. Grafpup seems to be okay for my immediate needs, if you want the link it's.....http://grafpup.com.....if you want to try it out.

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner, there's been a rush of traffic on all the mirrors for MEPIS lately. I hope they get it together soon.

hey does anyone have a store called FRYS its like a tech store like bestbuy i heard that they are thinking about building one in my area anyone know about this store?

Lucky you...it's like Kmart for geeks. You'll love it. I didn't realize they were expanding outside of the Bay Area...

It's worth checking out, for sure.

It's like Best Buy, but they sell everything from consumer electronics to what you would need to build your own computer, as well as Mountain Dew and Doritos. One-stop shopping for nerds!!!

To Ride The Fire-

I'm giving up on MEPIS till the final release is out...I had the same problem you did with getting Xwindows to work, but I finally got it to load....then while the installer was running, the system crashed at the "22% completed" point. So, phooey. Grafpup seems to be okay for my immediate needs, if you want the link it's.....http://grafpup.com.....if you want to try it out.

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner, there's been a rush of traffic on all the mirrors for MEPIS lately. I hope they get it together soon.

thanks man. ill check that out in some days...and i got mepis running. but i had to put that system away. so ill get back to it.

frys is the shit. theres like three in this area. the coolest one is the pyramid theme. the other im not sure but i think its got neon signs and shit. i cant member the theme really. and the third was weak..all country redneck type theme. but dope store.

ok. im not computer dumb what so ever.. but all these new ram speeds and shit confuse me.

im building a new desktop.

the motherboard is calling for ddr2 667 ram.. would it not run as well if i threw in some ddr2 675?

only reason i wouldnt just buy 667 is because im a hyper-x fan and its offered in 675 and not 667.

ok. im not computer dumb what so ever.. but all these new ram speeds and shit confuse me.

im building a new desktop.

the motherboard is calling for ddr2 667 ram.. would it not run as well if i threw in some ddr2 675?

only reason i wouldnt just buy 667 is because im a hyper-x fan and its offered in 675 and not 667.

Yes it should work.