<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: «<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support >>>

oh, jesus....

geeksquads are advertised.

http://geeksquad.com/servicesandpricing/onsiteservices.php

i'm charging too little.

compusa's

http://www.compusa.com/tech_services/techknowledgist_mobile.asp

one thing that bugs me is that these chumps are making alot of money,

but i get alot of business. the $25 an hour seems more appealing than

$230 bucks for geeksquad to come clean your shit out. perhaps i should raise up to $35?

i dunno.

Hey, I think I killed my comp last night...First the ethernet went, then the USB went, and now the fucking thing just refuses to turn on at all.

So, I'm back on the house Mac. Sweet.

Anyway, what's the normal price range for a used P4 box? They seem to be going for around $250-400...I saw a VAIO at CompUSA for $500 a couple weeks ago....really nice, but way out of my price range at the moment.

I'm just gonna pull my soundcard, wifi card, RAM and HD from the old box and possibly set it on fire.

turn it into a grill!

btw: you live near a uni. or local college. go by their IT dept and see if they're throwing out any old comps. some may be nice and give you some shit to work with.

the one i frequented threw all their shit out on the street.

you can find a good computer for around $200 (albeit an 800mhz most likely)

Hey, I think I killed my comp last night...First the ethernet went, then the USB went, and now the fucking thing just refuses to turn on at all.

So, I'm back on the house Mac. Sweet.

Anyway, what's the normal price range for a used P4 box? They seem to be going for around $250-400...I saw a VAIO at CompUSA for $500 a couple weeks ago....really nice, but way out of my price range at the moment.

I'm just gonna pull my soundcard, wifi card, RAM and HD from the old box and possibly set it on fire.

send that shit my way

me? oh that damned nvidia nforce hacked driver.

supported my board, but something went horribly wrong.

nothing i could control once it already started.

i suppose i could have been happy with what i had,

but inquisitive minds...meh.

yes geek squad is just crazy (charge out the ass but do not get payed shit) and the ones i know do not know a fucking thing besides normal help desk instead of being on the phone looking thru a manual they are on the street looking thru a manual (even better have one of the bugs they drive splat on yer windshield hahaha i made a funny)

me? oh that damned nvidia nforce hacked driver.

supported my board, but something went horribly wrong.

nothing i could control once it already started.

i suppose i could have been happy with what i had,

but inquisitive minds...meh.

just load your vga and throw in another card ?

The only thing I can think of is that I tried to install FreeBSD last night...but, I don't see how that could possibly screw up the mobo. If anything, it might hose the HD, but that wouldn't be a big deal.

Mainter, if you want it (which I doubt, it's just a HP Pavilion Celeron 2.0GhZ- nothing great) I could ship you the mobo, and that could square up that wager between us, ha ha.

There's a guy over the bridge in San Rafael with two P4 boxes...one's $150, the other is $125. I may call him and see if he can give me a break on the price if I tell him I don't need the HD...but, it would be nice to have a XP install again. $125 is an awesome deal, either way.

casek, that's probably what I'm going to do...the Berkeley campus is around the corner form me, but if they did their housecleaning already (it is summer break, after all), I may have missed the boat.

You never know, they may have a huge pile of servers just sitting there, so it's probably worth the trip just to take a look.