<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
other way around. from what i understood the GL and GS have linux and the G does not. and there are supposedly problems with the G

nah man. wrt's run linux. no probs with the g series. i've heard it was the gl's not the gs's.

but you can turn your g into a gs with a firmware upgrade (dd-wrt).

by the way, dd-wrt or hyperwrt is what you want for your firmware. don't stick with the regular linksys firmware. it kinda sucks.

just wondering if you could post some specs on 12ozprophet.com

in the computer forum.

examples:

longest uptime w/o crashes

how much space the db consumes

how much bandwidth is being used per month

longest uptime w/o crashes: 12oz, and its server have never crashed*

how much space the db consumes: 1745244397 bytes.

how much bandwidth is being used per month: 10gb a day average (but we dont host many images)

*up until a few months ago, virtually all downtime was the result of bandwidth outages or network problems at shitty co-lo facilities. that has since been resolved by moving to our present host, which has had 0 downtime in their history. any recent outages (like the last week or so), was the result of purposely pulling our server offline to install and configure low level services, as well as compile a custom kernal. we've had database corruption issues, but thats not unnatural for a database as large as ours, coupled with the fact that we've also integrated a few of our scripts which required modifying the stock database structure, and moved board scripts several times in our history (requiring translations and imports) which doesnt help.

I keep hearing rumours but is it true that now that pc's and mac's are running intels its possible to run windows on a mac when you wanna use a program that only exists in one platform (see autocad being the architecture world standard and available only for pc)?.

If yes, how safe/working well is that?

And finally, do you think that this will ever become a standard option that will come as an option to say, vista or the new osx?

if you are demonoid member

http://www.demonoid.com/ (Torrent Site)

Koreru

One of there Moderators has started a new web hosting company, and to celebrate their Grand Opening, Koreru.com is offering a 1st-Month-Free hosting package exclusively to the first 50 Demonoid members who sign up. This is first-come, first-serve. Just follow THIS link and enter DEMONOID when asked for a promotion code.

Additionally, they are offering 10% Off all new hosting packages until October 31st. This is a recurring discount, and the price will never be raised. Check out their available packages and use the promotion code KORERU during checkout.

If you have any questions, you can contact them HERE

you know the answer to that casek why would you ask that???

i wanted to hear it from raven. of course i know they haven't.

he comes into this thread more often than you or i know.

especially when tesseract spots us talking about hacking.

haha. j/k tesser.

we should be allowed to pen test this site for them. i'd give up my full name

for the permission.

edit: and phone number.

Okay,

I just finished my latest session of tweaking, first we did some sysctl hardening, next I followed up with some tweaking to improve throughput and lower cpu loads. So far this has been a success.

Next thing that was done was heavy tweaking to the MySQL config file (my.cnf). I'll be doing some benchmarks and give you guys a mytop so you can see what's going on.

I setup eAccelerator, this caches the php pages and keeps them pre-compiled, this saves cpu and promotes faster page loads.

I also performed some security work, setting up tripwire, rkhunter, firewalls and other intrusion detection systems.

I'm sure I'm missing a couple of things, I'll fill them in later, if you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Current Stats:

17:10:06 up 1 day, 19:39, 2 users, load average: 0.46, 0.50, 0.45

Server: 12ozprophet.com v1.0 managed by Fuse9

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.1.6

X-Pingback: http://www.12ozprophet.com/xmlrpc.php

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00

143G 29G 107G 22% /

/dev/cciss/c0d0p1 104M 24M 75M 25% /boot

none 2.1G 0 2.1G 0% /dev/shm

/usr/tmpDSK 508M 54M 429M 12% /tmp

/tmp 508M 54M 429M 12% /var/tmp