$500 shopping spree...

Fox Mulder

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is correct, from what i know, real absinthe is made with woodworm, and the reason why you hallucinate when you drink it, is because woodworm is a poisonous substance, and too much can literally kill you. hence the reason it's illegal. the absinthe that is marketed, and available to be purchased in stores is an herbal collaboration of a bunch of crap that does nothing but get you drunk.

get the cash. however, i drink coffee heavily, and that esspresso machine is what i would like to see when i roll out of bed everyday.

500 bottles of Summer Peach Snapple.

500 bean burritos from Taco Bell.

or...

250 bottles of Summer Peach Snapple + 250 bean burritos from Taco Bell.

or...

2 copies of "AKA" and a small safe. One copy to carefully bag and place in the safe, the other copy will be laminated and you can jerk off all over it thinking about how much you love 12oz. End your busy day by looking at limited edition Dunks online.

OK, I'm going to set this absinthe issue straight once and for all. The absinthe that was drunk like, 100 years ago, by van Gogh et al, is NOT the absinthe that you get today. Like somebody said, the wormwood levels back then were far, far higher than they are now. You won't hallucinate at all, even if you drink an entire bottle. You'll get really, really drunk, but that's about it.

My brother is an absinthe conneisseur. He has thousands of dollars worth of absinthe on him. The glasses, the spoons, the special sugar cubes, the water tap, etc. He knows his shit. REAL absinthe is illegal to buy in North America. While there are a bunch of websites that sell really top quality stuff (from France and Germany etc), they are not the REAL absinthe. The REAL stuff I believe somes from Switzerland, and the only way to get it shipped here would be illegally. When we get family and friend's coming to visit us from Europe, he always manages to convince them to smuggle some over.

So basically, blowing $500 on absinthe wouldn't really be worth it. At least I wouldn't do it anyway. But if you really want to, I can ask him which websites he uses to get the best stuff....

Absinthe (Bluehouse Recipe)

1.5 oz Wormwood

1/3 oz Hyssop

1/3 oz Calamus Root

1/8 oz Fennel Seed

1 tsp Mint *

1 tsp cloves *

1 tsp coriander *

1/2 tsp Nutmeg *

First, Grind the Fennel Seeds, Coriander, and Cloves with a mortar and pestle.

Mix with the rest of the dry ingredients (wormwood, hyssop, calamus, and mint) and pour them into an airtight container. Mix with a bottle of Everclear (750ml, 190 proof). Actually, if you want to end up with a full 750ml of Absithe, you'll need to use about 1000ml of everclear in order to compensate for the alcohol that is irrevocably lost to absorption by the mash. You should allow mix to steep for at least two weeks, but I usually allow for 1-2 months. This is most likely overkill, but I don’t drink absinthe on a regular basis so I’m not generally in a big hurry to finish my next batch.

At the end of the two weeks, strain the liquid through a thin cloth (muslin or a handkerchief) to remove the solid matter.

Now Add:

1/2 Dropper full of Wormwood Essential Oil.*

1/3 - 2/3 Bottle of Anise Extract (To taste)

1 tsp Mint Extract *

2-10 shots Ouzo* (To taste)

Now you're ready to meet the green fairy!

If Everclear is unavailable, I've heard tat rum 151 will suffice - although I've never tried it myself. However, regular-strength alcohols (less than 100 proof) will not work! - Your absinthe will turn out brown. Ack!

The ingredients marked with a "*" are not completely necessary, but will help make the drink more palatable. (It needs all the help it can get!) If you wish, you can mix this absinthe half-n-half with Ouzo and obtain a drink that tastes halfway descent, but you'll lose some of the potency of the drink. The best way to improve the taste is to add more anise extract, but even this has its limits.

If you add more calamus, you will get a better buzz -- but this will come at a price. I used to use 1/2 oz of calamus in my earlier recipes -- but I would end up with a 12-hour hangover the next day. I eventually figured out that the calamus was to blame, and cut back on it a bit. But of course, feel free to experiment with it yourself!

there good luck i saved you some money. now invest in some artwork or some shit or maybe even pay your rent / buy some dinner.

its the czech republic dazzle. or spain. but ive recently seen them same absinthe in vancouver as i did in barcelona. its totally overrated. it tastes like gasonline, and yes it gets you real wasted, makes you giggle a little bit, but save yourself the gag and puke motion and dont buy it. buy a good bottle of tequila or an old scotch if you want to waste it on booze.

dude, you live in the states, cant you get like some vacation package to vegas for 500? go to vegas for 3 days.

You can leave the state regardless of what the courts tell you. My boy's on felony probie right now and he's been down south for over two months doing freelance carpentry. Last week he bought a car to drive back at the end of the month... which is risky, but he's doing it.

Hell, I've got 6 warrants spread across two states and I can board planes without a problem.

Originally posted by Shark Hammil@Dec 7 2005, 06:09 PM

500 bottles of Summer Peach Snapple.

500 bean burritos from Taco Bell.

or...

250 bottles of Summer Peach Snapple + 250 bean burritos from Taco Bell.

or...

2 copies of "AKA" and a small safe. One copy to carefully bag and place in the safe, the other copy will be laminated and you can jerk off all over it thinking about how much you love 12oz. End your busy day by looking at limited edition Dunks online.

Ha ha, didn't BART buy $100 worth of Tacos in an episode once? oh, wait, no, he opened the checking account and got Krusty busted for tax evasion