boston's sketch thread

QueaZyFunK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what you are saying is making yourself look silly. A Temp piece is a Temp piece because Temp did it even though it reads as UEMPI. Thats a brilliant concept.

You completely missed his point, and probably because you not at that level yet. But its the same thing as if temp pieced the word "YOUR MOM", you would more than likely know temp drew it due to his style.

just rock it in your highwaters and thick rimmed glasses and you will be A+

fuckin nerd rock just another pussy game like any other, don't hate the player, some chicks dig Woody Allen looking dudes in tight plaid shirts so why not... it's not like the weather's bad for it

Yo son, yoson I've seen that exact same UEMPI burner right next to a fresh as hell M37 joint. I dunno who M37 is but Imma have to guess it's M27 or someone biting his style. Though on the low, I heard M27 was actually Tom Cruise, and in anticipation of the release of Mission Impossible 27 in the year 2012 (coincidentally predicted to be the end of the world in just about every esoteric calendar and mail order lecture on tape series!) so he was like "yo, that cat M31 is pretty tight, I'mma jump on that!"

I hope that sheds some light on this discussion. Get back to work!

To be serious though, to the guy writing Hew - here's a funny thing about style and your place in the game. You call bullshit on it or not, I don't care, I don't respect your opinion yet.

There's a writer Hews from out west, Seattle I think but I'm lazy on my gossip and don't have all the details, big picture is the guy does very nice, traditional NY style burners, very FBA, FC, IBM etc I believe he writes with those circles, anyway love or hate the politics of traditionalism, you have to respect this guys dedication to his form and putting it out there. His shit is out there, and I know that I am among those who bitch about "oh the internet makes all these toys learn bullshit too easy blah blah etc" and get that same criticism back, in it's "natural" state graffiti comes pre packaged with word of mouth fame - before people were even photographing shit they were telling each other about what they heard about someone else seeing in another partt of town. You see where I'm going with this? You chose to write Hew in a style that's nerdy, sort of creative but more sort of just trendy, it's toy shit but it's not horrible for toy shit, yet you are on the verge of stepping over the lines of "doesn't know any better" to the more severely disliked area of arrogant toy who thinks they know what's up and are going to tell their elders how shit is done. The fact that you're using a name very close to a name that is real famous for some legitimate work, while it's hard to believe that in this day and age of graffiti media circulation you haven't seen his shit, is forgivable. But that you are on the Boston thread, making a good critical observation about Temp's letters in this one drawing (yes I agree, it does look like Uempi) -- but here's where you go wrong. You question the concept of Style and fail in your attempt. Coupled with your ignorance of Temp's style and history, you have displayed a total failure to grasp a key concept in graffiti, a subtlety that Boston has embraced in particular and can be counted as one of this cities few tangible traditions - style transcending legibility. Go figure out how to read an Alone piece ca. 1992, or a 2Stoned wild style tag, before you offer your chatter on the rules of style. Your observation about the extensions is valid, your ideas after that are ignorant and poorly formed.

And for christ sake get off the internet and go outside, actually look at graffiti in person.

Kettle, hi I'm Pot.

drugsare baaad, mkay?

just rock it in your highwaters and thick rimmed glasses and you will be A+

fuckin nerd rock just another pussy game like any other, don't hate the player, some chicks dig Woody Allen looking dudes in tight plaid shirts so why not... it's not like the weather's bad for it

Yo son, yoson I've seen that exact same UEMPI burner right next to a fresh as hell M37 joint. I dunno who M37 is but Imma have to guess it's M27 or someone biting his style. Though on the low, I heard M27 was actually Tom Cruise, and in anticipation of the release of Mission Impossible 27 in the year 2012 (coincidentally predicted to be the end of the world in just about every esoteric calendar and mail order lecture on tape series!) so he was like "yo, that cat M31 is pretty tight, I'mma jump on that!"

I hope that sheds some light on this discussion. Get back to work!

LOL

AH DOOOOODE!

Yo Mind You, can you post that GAY piece that TARGET did? It goes perfect with your theme here. Maybe one day, you can be gay the same way Target is gay... or are you allready there?

SPRING IS IN THE AIIIIR!

Shit is hilarity.

It's pretty awesome cause re reading these dumbass posts I'd probably say the same shit to the troll behind the troll, I give a big clap though for people taking it to that next level of dada meets 13 year old schoolgirl meets pokemon. Go the extra mile, gold star!