DETROIT GRAFFITI

Issac Brock

i hear ya bro detroit was really influenced by dibs and justo me and dibs where very very influenced and more so motavated by justo himself but dibs is such a talented artist(probably the freshest i have ever had the privlegde of knowing)

that in his later years 98-99 when he really started to surpase his teacher so to speak

it was no suprise

so like i say when your fresh to def it happens

but like you said its all about getting up i was suprised to find out that those jime pieces where done by you

but that is what i think is fresh that you have know devolped your own shit

all though i would like to see some color burners from ya i no you can bust it ....so fuck the haters

thats my 2 cents since where writing big ass essay,s

peaceeeeeeeee

sekt

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

first off, there is a huge difference between being influenced or mentored by someone and patterning your entire 'career' after them. you have bitten mhc and tgv down to the letter since day one. when they changed styles completely, you changed styles completely. when justo started writing wacky names, you started writing wacky names. when they totally abandoned conventional handstyles and letters, you totally abandoned conventional handstyles and letters. when they gave up colors in favor of silvers and blacks, you gave up colors in favor of silvers and blacks. every single phase of your 'career' was preceaded by something justo did. you don't grow until he grows. you're like a fucking crab begging for a shell. that is not being influenced, that is being a biter, flat out. you don't have an ounce of originality in anything you've ever done. if you were crew with them, it would understandable, or atleast ignorable, but you're not; they hate you. justo dissed you to your face. biting him makes you a sucker, no matter how 'up' you think you are.

as far as you trying to call out the whole city on their influences...do you really wanna take it there? you really think you're in a position to be calling people out? calling your friends out?! what kind of bitch made shit is that? trying to brush the attention off yourself by dissing them?! ha. not to mention the fact that you're not even close on most the shit you said? tead biting trik? do you even know what trik paints like?! hughes biting amaze?! far biting esau? far has obvious influences, but it sure as hell isn't esau. loaf biting msk?! have you seen what loaf paints?! were you sober?! even if they have their influences (which we all do), what they've done and what you do are night and day. they borrow, learn, and make it their own (for the most part). you steal and make it look like shit.

as for me, get your facts straight: i don't 'know' the transcend guys, they are my former room-mates and some of my closest friends. i am in the same crew with several of them. we've all influenced eachother, and yes, i've learned a ton from them, but i've never bitten from them, ever. me biting mh? find me a piece i bit off anyone in detroit, ever. i was influenced by justo/sect/dibs because i came up on their heals, but what i learned from them was heart, not how to steal styles. i've painted some grade-A bullshit, i'll be the first to admit it, but i've always pushed myself and 12 years later, i'm still pushing myself. how long you been writing now? 6, 7 years? and what have you accomplished? what do you have to call your own?

you can say that originality doesnt matter, that the only thing that counts is ups, but if that's the case, why paint 700 shitty pieces in abandoned buildings? why constantly pattern yourself after someone else? why pretend you've got style? why bother?

i gave up trying to argue with cats in this city and i'm not trying to show you the light, i'm mostly just trying to make you shoot yourself in the face. that probably makes me a bad person, but oh well. i'm sure you won't do it anyway, you've got 'camero' pieces to paint.

Dude you said Wickets. Style in detroit, there really has been to many differnt one as far back as i can remember its been basiclly a straght letter city all the way back to JRUE BETA HARPS even ALPHA the most comlplex it really ever got here was the 'OO DIBS shit and KOSEK shit. Ive never been to far off Vernor but i think the whole idea of Graffit is bit. Biting only proves two thing one of those is You cant come up w your own letter and that you have almost the same amount

in any case. Anybody whos says the wernt influenced the whole EBC MH shit is not from Detroit and know nothing about the history of Detroit graffiti. All though im not a fan of the newer shit but whatever. Death has hella West coast influence which is what he wants to do, he wants to do the shit he admires, which is why i try not to admire to many cats because i dont want my shit to look like there shit. I thought I was the only one who called the Jackets niggas, Ha. Biting in a sense does matter id say all most more then getting up ppl are either to concerned w quality over quantinty or quantity over quality, how about blending the two and have quality ups? I dont care how many spots cats hit if your shits busted its busted flat out if you paint one piece a month that took 8 hours that doesnt make you sweet or up niggas get on ya jobs...

bite or die!!!!! chomp trizzle dizzle gobble msk pittsburg happy go lucky retards with intelligent syndromes... you guys care way too much... THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS PAINT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY... if looking retarded makes you happy do it... if lookin clean makes you happy... do it... if being drunk and painting as horribly as you can makes you happy... then do it... if you only like smokin weed and painting heavy metal california butt fuck logos on walls more power to you... there's way to little people painting in this city for any of us to complain... there are crews that are bigger than this city... who gives a flying fuck... we all like to paint on walls... and that's why we talk on here... lets just all be friends...

i want some fuckin tacos...

fuck work...

Originally posted by deathbedsteronerdump@Sep 16 2005, 12:13 PM

bite or die!!!!! chomp trizzle dizzle gobble msk pittsburg happy go lucky retards with intelligent syndromes... you guys care way too much... THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS PAINT WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY... if looking retarded makes you happy do it... if lookin clean makes you happy... do it... if being drunk and painting as horribly as you can makes you happy... then do it... if you only like smokin weed and painting heavy metal california butt fuck logos on walls more power to you... there's way to little people painting in this city for any of us to complain... there are crews that are bigger than this city... who gives a flying fuck... we all like to paint on walls... and that's why we talk on here... lets just all be friends...

i want some fuckin tacos...

fuck work...

thats the realest shit said yet rock on fire

heavy fuckin metal

word

that's real?!

ha.

so basically what you're saying is that graffiti is the special olympics of the art world?! that all you have to do is show up and run (or walk, or limp, or stumble or in some peoples case, just ride on someones back) around the track and you get a hug? fuck that. that's not graffiti, that's lazy and it's an excuse. it's like joining a baseball team and instead of trying to actually play, you just run around the outfield like a retard.

graffiti is more than just writing your name. it's being a part of something that's larger than you. something with a history and a tradition. read dondi's book then tell me style doesn't matter.

Originally posted by seeking@Sep 16 2005, 03:12 PM

that's real?!

ha.

so basically what you're saying is that graffiti is the special olympics of the art world?! that all you have to do is show up and run (or walk, or limp, or stumble or in some peoples case, just ride on someones back) around the track and you get a hug? fuck that. that's not graffiti, that's lazy and it's an excuse. it's like joining a baseball team and instead of trying to actually play, you just run around the outfield like a retard.

graffiti is more than just writing your name. it's being a part of something that's larger than you. something with a history and a tradition. read dondi's book then tell me style doesn't matter.

alrite alrite wow what a pissing contest so..........

basiccly i agree with fire paint what makes you happy if you do that and your happy

and yes style is a main aspect as well

eventuaaly you will have style but ya to me yes i feel part of something bigger

and i also feel i have style but what is more important to me is just having fun if you dont have fun then what the fuck

i have had a graffitti state of mind for what 12 years or so

and i always will and im really stoked seeks that you stuck with it and got fresh but ya it is real fuck all that well basiclly your saying its the bla bla bla whatever

its good you have your convictions on graff as i do to but i dont know i think what fire said has some realness to it fuck all the bullshit

as did what you said too anyway where all from different background

with different opinions

and yes i aint the shit now and i made my mistakes but i will always go down in the history books of detroit graff as someone who got shit done

so in closing i agree with fire lets just all be friends

i would love to go and do a wall with fire loaf irate money eggs ansiq sect shit get the big man himself too (ya rite)

so anyway its been a fun disscusion

im not going just keep bumping heads

so peace to all yall big ansiq ,eggs ,fire my dawg ,that nigga loaf pluto ,crazy ass irate i mean seeks you probably dont like irates shit

man that dude is one of the illest ive meet styles for miles

so im done with this we could argue for days

good points alround

so word stay up mufuckers

sectone 93 till ..............................................

wow, i dont go on the internet for a couple days and i miss a whole bunch of goodness!

seriously guys, what would compell a grown ass man to steal, or even buy for that matter, countless cans of spraypaint and go write their name (no matter how good it looks) on somepone elses property will be an ongoing mystery to society. graffiti is childish any way you look at it. beef, biting, crews, it reminds me alot of how life was back in 6th grade.

also graffiti means different things to different people. for me & my friends, its more about enjoying the delinquent aspect of being a writer. to some, its about proving yourself. for some its about art, for others its about territory (shitty gang graffiti counts too). judging from countless rants, it seems like graffiti is the only thing in life seeks has to look forward to. and thats ok. you can take graffiti as seriously as you want to. you can take criticism as an insult, or you can use it as motivation. who the hell cares? go out and get laid or something, losers.

That is because you do not know what you are fucking with just stop. ha ha ha

Fucking spray panting fun as hell it is part of a movement in art it should be regarded as one of the highest forms of expression. Only the most intelligent and talented understand it. People just rap every thing that is pure and fucking turned it in to some trendy wack shit…. when there is a revolution that needs to be lead mother fucking RIOT and shit.

Ok I think seeking is getting two me !!!!!!!!!! like that kid said just have lots of fun if you know how two paint if not just leave it to the dope kids that do. I need a gun and some happynesssssssssss or do the damn thing and get better.... wow I am all ready sweat.

GOOD LORD I TIRED TO BITE ME TONGUE, BUT ITS ALL I CAN STAND AND I CANT STANDS NO MORE, I LOVE GRAF I TRIED TO BE THE NEXT GREAT THING BUT I SUCKED AND I COULD NEVER IMGINE MEETING THE PEOPLE I LOOKED UP TOO AS FAR AS PAINTING GOES AND SAY HEY YA IM SO AND SO LONG STORY SHORT I STOPED, BUT I LOVE PAINT I TAKE CERTAIN WAYS JUST TO SEE THE SAME PAINT IVE SEEN A THOUSAND TIMES IVE TIRED TO EXPLAIN IT TO MY FRIENDS WHO NEVER GOT IT WHY WE HAVE TO TURN AROUND AND GO BACK 2 EXITS BECAUSE THERE WAS SOMETHING NEW I MISSED BUT IF U DONT GET IT YOU DONT GET IT, BUT EVERYONE SAYING ITS SOMETHING BIGGER THAN YOU AND THAT COMMENT ONLY THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND TALENTED UNDERSTAND IT. GET FUCKING REAL THIS WORLD IS SO FUCKING SMALL AND INCONSEQUENTIAL BECAUSE AS SOON AS THE BUFF COMES OR IF U GET THAT LUCKY AND STAY UP THE NEW WRITER WILL GO OVER YOUR SHIT WITH NO REGUARD, LOOK AT IT LIKE THIS THAT BETA PIECE CAN BE SEEN ON EVERYFREE WAY THATS THE DOPEST PIECE OF PAINT DETROIT HAS BEFORE EVERYONE AND THERE MOTHER WENT UP THERE AND LOOK NOW NOT CARING ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THEMSELVES THOR WENT UP THERE AND PUKED NEXT TO IT, IT NOW LOOKS LIKE SHIT! SO THAT CAT SAID IT BEST PAINT BECAUSE YOU LOVE TO PAINT I WISH I WOULD HAVE NEVER FOUND THIS SIGHT BECAUSE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I THOUGHT DAM THESE PEOPLE THAT TAKE THIS KINDS OF RISKS AND DO THIS KIND OF ART MUST BE BAD ASS THEN I COME ON HERE AND ITS PICTURE AND 3 PAGES OF BITCHING, SO REALLY STEP BACK AND LOOK AT YOUR SELF IMPORTANCE THEN TELL SOMEONE WHY THEY SHOULD PAINT, AND I KNOW I SHOULD SHUT MY FUCKING MOUTH BECAUSE IM WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL ME BUT IF EVERYONE GETS TO RUN THERE BITCH ASS MOUTHS THIS BUTCH ASS WILL RUN HIS, IF THIS EVEN STAYS UP.