Amaze, Twist, Espo Thread

Gesd

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
About 6 months ago, I saw a couple little TWIST paintings in a Boston gallery- all priced at like 20K-30K. I know he's paid his dues and all- but what the fucking fuck mang? That shit is just silly.

I don't see why it silly. If thats the market value of his work, he deserves to get that money. Twist gallery work is not graffiti and therefore is not aimed to the "graff heads", but to people in general, and some of those fools can afford a 30k painting, and sometimes it's not even people who buy it but museums for their collections. If you want to check out his shit, just go out and look at it be it in a museum or in the streets, either way it's free. If you live in a hick town and cant travel, well you will always have the internet.

I remember reading somewhere that after Twist would do art shows he'd go out bombing real hard to feel better about doing the show..

The man is the realness.. People move, grow and live on... Whatever to being broke.. Some can, some can't..

i think his artwork is completely worth that much and more. hes paid his dues in the graffiti world with out selling out like many others.

but in my opinion his artwork along with Margaret's was some of the most inspiring works ive ever seen. the originality alone is worth that much. not to mention the true talent that goes into the paintings.

Archived