The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
shoes were fucking comfortable as hell.

That's what all my freinds would say when I asked them why the fuck would they spend 80-90 bucks on un-skatable shoes.

I never understood how comfort could outway function and performance.

They would also mention how they would last mad long.

I always figured combat boots would last mad long too. And be cheaper. And be just as rediculous to try and skate in.

converse had some pair of shoes that were like 100 bucks and they were ugly as hell.

my homey bought them and they were completely thrashed by the end of the week.

edit: skate shoes never really effected the way i skated except when i was trying to skate huge grass gaps in fucking rowleys..those things will fuck up your heels if you try to jump down some shit

vans half cabs, lakai manchesters and adidas gazelles and campus (non skate line). only shoes i will ever need to rock oh and manchester selects (vulcanized) come out in febuary from lakai

D3's HAHA man...dave mayhew reitred off all the money he made off that piece of shit shoe.

if you want to peep texas skateboarding http://www.fourduos.com is the website to check out theres about 12 montages full of texas spots and skateboarders.

its actually picking up a whole lot. i dont know how many times lakai team has rolled through here...cant wait to see some of my spots on the big screen in lakai video. but yeah skating in dfw is pretty good right now it seems. like i said teams roll through here quite often so that kinda picks up the pase for the scene. but yeah theres alot of spots spread out through dfw but for the most part i like them all. go ahead and peep those montages you will get some sort of an idea whats up with texas skate scene. but for DFW skate scene. ill keep everyone posted theres a best of dallas montage that comes out hopefully this week so you can see dfw spots only/. see whasup!!

Whats up with the skating in socal

shit has too many damn kids caring about fashion and shit

just skate

and all the best spots are spread out

needs a ride to get to all

http://www.concretedisciples.com/skateparksdb/display_state.php?state=CA-S

The fact that SoCal has this many parks is mindblowing . I usually stay in Hunnington Beach with Johnny Witmer from The Stitches when I go to California , which has been a few years .

Skate scenes in So Cal suck for the most part ... but you cant beat skating in near perfect weather all the time. As well as that list of parks .. over 150.

RathofGod is right you need to drive to get to any spots or the parks for that matter, and there is hardly any public transport to help you get around.

So it has its pros and cons like anywhere else. Sometimes I think its better not to have so much shit so close .. you have to get more creative to have a good session in some cutty ass place.

For me back in the day it was Intensity Skates. Cheap Skates second. We were kids

we bought shit for the graphic and the shape. Either that or go to a bike shop and

buy another Powell board with bone-ite. Lame. There was just a huge lack of shops

around and if they had stock it wasn't the new shit. I remember thinking this shit

is the coolest I can't get it anywhere around here. Skating was a California thing.

Mailorder = exclusive.

Now that shit is like whatever.

Exclusive = $650 Nikes some Japanese guy had made in gore-tex courdaroy or

some foolishness.

I'm going to one of the newer shops in town today with a buddy. He's getting a new

set-up. I hope this isn't douchebag central spot. I want a new board and these guys

are one of two shops that sell what I want. The other shop is all super tight pants and

I don't know if I want to make the trek over to emo town.