12oz DJs

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeeee!!!!

i'm not sure about my genre names.

i like 'ragga' jungle

i also like 'dark' jungle or any that has creepy weird ass sounds in it or could double as horror soundtrack

i seem to gravitate towards older stuff (early nineties) but i don't know if that's just cuz i'm out of the loop.

speed garage, jump up, all that stuff is cool.

i think i'd be happy with most anything.

and yeah, i'll get at ya with that toronto map asap ;)

seriously though, i can send you flicks or i'll do your name hahahaa

Originally posted by <KEY3>+Feb 22 2005, 11:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (<KEY3> - Feb 22 2005, 11:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-D0WN@Feb 22 2005, 11:54 PM

Do not waste your money on vinyl turntables you will waste a ton of money on records which takes the fun out of djing. Get the CDJ 800's they are by far the best cd turntables you can get. They're around $450~500. Scratching on these are very easy. Take it from me, I've been spinning for 7 years and I think you should go with the CDJs unless you have a lot of money to waste because you can NEVER have enough records.

boogie hands is going to flip over that.

[/b]

you called it key. i understand you will spend a lot of money on records but its part of the package. cd players are for weddings and high school dances....thats it. i see that people are having a hard time understanding where im coming from so i will explain. its about putting in work and time (kind of like graff?). if your not willing to dig through bins of records at the thrift store or drop a third of your pay check on singles are you that committed? probably not....at the most your trying to cash in on something a lot of people worked very hard to get established, at the least your just trying to be down. believe me, i understand progression and the marriage of technology and music but when you get on stage to dj you had better get back to the basics and rely on your talent. im not talking all this shit because i think im an expert on the matter...ive done it for a while but im not going to pretend im the king of this shit. i have, however, been around long enough to know one thing for sure, your local club night wouldnt be so shitty if being a "dj" required spinning vinyl as opposed to cds players plugged into beat counters.

^Those Numark cd turntables are actually pretty good. It feels verrrry similar to real vinyl, but it's digital. I've done everything I can do on a vinyl table on these. All of the faderless scratches work on these - hydroplane, rubs, lazers, uzis (and of course the usual fader scratches). On the CDJs some of those don't come out quite right. I'm thinking of picking one up myself. The elitism within the dj community needs to die. Being a die hard vinyl enthusiast is ok, but ignoring the future and the applications/improvements that comes along with it is ignorance.

Originally posted by boogie hands@Feb 23 2005, 10:54 PM

cd players are for weddings and high school dances....thats it.

you forgot stripclubs!!!!

actually I bet most strip clubs use software solutions.

You can pre set the times so that I never get a dance that's longer than 3 minutes.

and there's some crazy EQ going on too.... every song sounds so bass heavy.

AND the strip club is the only place where you hear 'tribal house' anymore.

Whooooooo... the witch doktor! Whoooooooooo......

Originally posted by symbols@Feb 23 2005, 02:42 PM

i seem to gravitate towards older stuff (early nineties)...

Early 90's 'jungle' doesnt really fit. Back then it was more like breakbeat.

I have a mix of Mickey Finn from '93 and it's really out there. I also

have a Dr.No mixtape from 1990. That shit would get some serious loot on ebay.

psss..... check your PM