Philadelphia

noschool2day

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep hearing that the head of the Electricians union is gonna run on the republican ballot. The republicans have got such a hard on for Philly seeing how we've had a democratic mayor for some 48 years or so now. So I guess the philosophy is that since this is such a pro-union town that if you can get the head of such a powerful union to run as a republican he'd be a shoe in. I'm not falling for it however.

Originally posted by LYVE IN 215@Aug 25 2005, 08:25 AM

i'm actually hopin for seamus. he don't help the graff game, but he don't take no shit.

:yuck: Are you serious!?!? :yuck:

You know Hitler didn't take no shit either.

As bad as this city is now could you imagine if Seamus McCaffery was mayor? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Originally posted by SF1+Aug 25 2005, 12:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Aug 25 2005, 12:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LYVE IN 215@Aug 25 2005, 08:25 AM

i'm actually hopin for seamus. he don't help the graff game, but he don't take no shit.

:yuck: Are you serious!?!? :yuck:

You know Hitler didn't take no shit either.

As bad as this city is now could you imagine if Seamus McCaffery was mayor? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

[/b]

well philly has an 8 year limit, it took Hitler longer than that to try to rule the world...[joke]

Don't get all bent outta shape, it's just my opinion. i HOPE to be outta this city by then anyway.

Originally posted by The Dope Head@Aug 25 2005, 01:26 PM

ALL HAIL SEAMUS MCAFERTTY.....lol nah just playin but yea i want him as mayor only cuz my uncle works for him....i cant vote anyway.

Fuck Seamus McCafferty, he is a hate spreading nazi, with his own twisted agenda on what this city needs. I stood before him twice, and I can tell you from personal experience that he would be the worst thing that could happen to any of us in this city. That fool didnt even let me speak, didnt even let me get one fuckin word in, and slammed me for some really petty shit. If that man is in charge of the city, its gonna be an all out police state here in philly my friends. Thats the truth.

thats cool your uncle has a job and all, but working for the devil himself doesnt sound like a job anyone I chill wih would want, or respect.

bump the bbq flics, proper as always

Originally posted by cheerleader@Aug 25 2005, 07:56 PM

didnt caem do a CAEMUS MCAFFERY tag once or something? but yeah fuck that guy

i actually like nutter, but then again i cant believe we are talking about mayoral politics on the graff site

What's there to like about Nutter? All he does is pass bitch ass laws left and right just to make a name for himself. first he came at the skateboarders and bike riders now he's coming at smokers and the only reason he's making so much noise is to get his name known so on election day all the stupid old people (that are out of touch with what's going on but always make it a point to vote anyway) will be like "I've heard of this guy, I don't know what he's about but I heard of him more than the other guy so I'll vote for him." Nutters a bigger douchebag than Street.

Originally posted by cheerleader@Aug 25 2005, 11:07 PM

lol because skateboarding and cigarettes are def the #1 and #2 things i look for in elected officials

I'm just using those as examples of what a low-life he is. Name one good thing dude has done for Philly since he's been in city counsil.

All he knows how to do is find shit to ban, and he's only doing it to make a name for himself. So what is it you DO look for in an elected official? Tell me what you like about the guy.

I hope they do ban public smoking.,,,, shits nasty. I never told anyone to start a bad habit that happens to be obnoxious and extremely unhealthy for innocent bystanders just trying to have a drink and socialize. Smoke at home or outside.... smokers can be such a buncha whiny turds man I swear. But no.... smoking and skateboarding are far from being the tip of this cities to do list. Oh well though.... I tend to side with a sentiment that was shared by another fellow Philadelphian ( r.i.p.), named Sun Ra....... "It's after the end of the world....Don't you know that yet?!"

well first off, no one in city politics is an angel..you just cant play the game like that in a major NE american city...youd never get elected.

but as far as councilmen go, ive dug his approach for a while...and i like that he butts heads with Street on important shit. he has never been afraid to stand up to street and a lot of councilmen/women wont do that for their careers.

a good example was the property tax a few years back, nutter introduced a great bill to get these property taxes reduced and Street vetoes it, and a bunch of councilmen switched their override votes after that and the veto succeeded. thats typical philly politics, dont rock the boat, dont stand up for your constiuents, but look out for your own career. thats one example, but its been pretty much Nutters steez since hes been in the council..hes not afraid of John Street and most people are.

on the flipside hes also clearly gunning for mayor and so hes playing politics too, no doubt, but like i said NO ONE in local politics doesnt..its impossible not to. so as far as local councilmen go, Nutter has done a good job of standing up to the political machine and going to the mat for his district.

plus i support the smoking ban as well, fuck that cancer shit.

Archived