perth city

MkaRats.....

• 2 years later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went through Perth a few times in the mid to late 90’s and its graffiti left an impression on me. I was staying around Scarborough and remember being amazed at this one billboard spot on one of the main intersections. Don’t remember any names but also remember the track sides being grilled on the way into the city. At that point in my life, I had never seen and noticed/absorbed anything like it before.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, aimer said:
On 3/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, aimer said:

Aeroglyphics jam was spoken about like folklore when I was coming up, was huge for the Perth scene.

@LUGRI agree with you there, late 90's is when I was getting old enough to start taking notice of it and it definitely stuck with me.

Whoa i wasnt alive when that happened hahah sounds sick though, best jam i went to was a freo one where i met dlae 

5 hours ago, aimer said:

Anything near the CBD is long long gone, theres a pretty vintage one on the back of a billboard off Rockingham rd near Beard street from memory, I think that might be a Pork

Well I’m going to have to go for a drive then bahah 

• 3 months later...

Damn, I never knew that this thread existed, as I stayed in CH0 all these years while I focused on being a drone with aspirations of spending my life in a glass coffin (office) in the sky trying to make money and service "The Man".

But now I have been a starving artist for so long and I remember my pre-teen artistic roots, it is good to see that the talent from the most isolated Capital City on Earth has been well represented and documented here over the years.

I met a couple of artists piecing up a legal wall in Freo one of the last few times I was down there and had a quick chat. Next time I am down that way I will try see if I can get the names of those I spoke with from what they were working on and reconcile with this thread. 

Either way, I have mad respect for those who have held things down over the years, and respect to JESUS and J3DI who are all over the train lines with big prominent pieces from what I have seen of my journeys along the various lines of late.

On 7/14/2023 at 10:56 PM, Mauler5150 said:

Damn, I never knew that this thread existed, as I stayed in CH0 all these years while I focused on being a drone with aspirations of spending my life in a glass coffin (office) in the sky trying to make money and service "The Man".

But now I have been a starving artist for so long and I remember my pre-teen artistic roots, it is good to see that the talent from the most isolated Capital City on Earth has been well represented and documented here over the years.

I met a couple of artists piecing up a legal wall in Freo one of the last few times I was down there and had a quick chat. Next time I am down that way I will try see if I can get the names of those I spoke with from what they were working on and reconcile with this thread. 

Either way, I have mad respect for those who have held things down over the years, and respect to JESUS and J3DI who are all over the train lines with big prominent pieces from what I have seen of my journeys along the various lines of late.

Speaking of J3DI haha, saw this a few days ago in Glendalough area. Dope

IMG20230712160505.jpg

IMG20230712160502.jpg

• Like 2