Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
revok bite?

i wouldn't say revok bite_ and if it is, not a good one.

you've got basic letter structure down_

||your cracks are whack as fuck, and don't use to many

||the fill ins have too much going on

'craze'

start simple, you're garbage_ practice with straight letters_ bend them, give them some funk. add 3-d or drop shadow, and you'll be on your way.

'are you read'

no_ no i'm not.

'dfek'

you're definately on your way_ but go simpler. don't try to do many wildstyles. all those little things youve got banging off and squiggles and arrows are pretty whack for now.

'gimp'

the letter structure is okay_ don't duck the dot of the 'I' behind the other letters. and don't try to connect everything like that.

'KTE'

the shitty quality can't hide the shitty lettering

'CNUE'

don't do that.

any suggestions with sharpie use...i mean how u guys color in...? cuz thats wats been annoying me fills..it ususally looks better when i dont color it..

since they bleed so much u have to compensate for the bleeding by either having better sketchpad paper or by carefully coloring to make up for bleeding or by using better markers :-p make sure your hand is steady but actually sometimes i will just use a thin sharpie to outline and ill use some cheapo markers like crayolas to do the fill they actually are not as bad as u might think also when u are filling make sure u color it in the same motions so it doesnt look blotchy

for example this was done with thin sharpie for outline, crayola markers for fill (CHERRY SCENTED BIOTCHES) and i just used a white colored pencil for the white hilites

Emasoe1.jpg

not sure if my advice was any help but i tried

well it doesnt really matter what markers you use...it just depends on how well you use them.

oh and freaknyc im liking the sev exchang but i didnt like on the bottom part of the "E" were it goes from thin to really thin then thicker

and a skecth i did at school can i get critism

IMG_1234.jpg

MAZ --that school room sketch is nice man. i'm going to work on something for you after i write this shit.

CNUE --i like that last post, nice work in the 3D. i also like your handstyle. the whole stay high halo works well with it, real nice retro feel to it.

SUPA --you've got markers down pretty good. i like that piece, but for some reason, i feel like it needs a background. also, seeing that you like characters --you should start getting involved in the sticker game. i think you'll have fun with that shit. go buy a box of full sheet adhesive paper at office max. draw your shit on there, cut them out --and look, you've got a sticker. have fun man.

CRAZ E --you're young man, not A young MAN --just straight fucking young. your short guys are still fresh. get a hold of them, realize what you're putting down on that paper man. my only crit for you is to start studying graff, and grab a good grasp on what the style of letters, characters, techniques, cultures (global styles differ) all mean --stick your fucking dick in this shit and fuck the hell out of it before you sit down and work on shaky ass pencil letters. get influenced by those ahead of you, and go from there. steady your line, don't push down so hard --you're not retarded are you? i hope not, but only retards kung fu grip a pencil and scribble that fucking hard. use light lines on that paper, draw an idea of what you want to do, then go in and thicken your lines. take simple letters, start there (FUCK!!!!), learn how to do block letters. once you get that down, we (the thread) can start to help you out.

WEASE --i think you and CRAZ E should do a trade. i'm serious here. he's just starting out, you're just starting out, i think it would be a good excercise for both of you. both do simples. CRAZ E. wease just started in here as well CRAZ. she's got you beat though, so up your fucking game and trade with her.

work on making them clean and simpler before you try complicated

you might see people using crazy designs but honestly your not ready for tha yet

They are a lot more legible than they look, and i have been doing simple stuff for a while, so maybe im just doing things wrong. any suggestions?

alright MAZ, i've got your shit done. i took some photos to show the progression of it.

first photo was the outline. i did it with pencil, then went over it with a 01 micron pen.

simplemaz.jpg

then i made that outline thicker with an 03 micron.

maz3.jpg

then i finished it with details using a .005 micron.

mazfinished.jpg

oh yeah, i gave your letters leprosy. sorry.