Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

er.. is all this biting shit directed at me? if it is, cool, i didnt bite so do wat u like... if not...never mind!

hitch i like the characters...super mario all the way! the piece aint too bad atm..the pointed left hand side of the C doesnt really work.. i wud make it rounded or sumit.. keep workin it'l get better...

Here is a dump of some of the shit i have been working on, trying to get the chops down before I commit to a good wall. The last comment i got said that i had good coloring but bad letter form. I was wondering if someone could perhaps expand on that? what exactly does "work on your letter structure mean?? can someone post a good example of what good letter structure is???

Vile5.jpg

Vile4.jpg

Vile3.jpg

Vile2.jpg

Vile1.jpg

Yo GrooveChampion

When I say letter structure I mean exactly that, the fundamental shapes that compose the letters. Notice the example below by Kem5. The letters are funky, yet have a natural flow to them. Also, each individual letter shape compliments the next.

11085.jpg

Does that help at all?

Originally posted by Flavicon@Dec 11 2005, 09:00 PM

Yo GrooveChampion

When I say letter structure I mean exactly that, the fundamental shapes that compose the letters. Notice the example below by Kem5. The letters are funky, yet have a natural flow to them. Also, each individual letter shape compliments the next.

11085.jpg

Does that help at all?

Ok i sort of get what you are talking about, is there anyone of mine that shows something like that?? I mean which one has the best letter structure? so i know what to work with, is it like using one font? should all the letters follow the same format? what im trying to say is for example is it like of i am using MS word how all the font looks the same? it should have some similarity betweeen letters?

It is kinda like using one font. But each letter doesn't need to follow the exact same proportions like alot of typography does obviously. Unless you want them too. But each letter should certainly influence one another. Another example:

eba00409896f00000014.jpg

Each letter has different colors, textures, frills, and doodads, but the underlying structer is what really makes it fresh. Each letter relates to the next creating an aesthetically consistent whole

hAHAha i will admit i fucked up there. but thats funny shit. ive been waitin for a while for this toy to show his face again so now i'll step up and apologize. i owe you one. its funny shit though, nah i know you aint a toy ass biter. enko is another story. my apologies. i got a little ahead of myself.