Toys post here...

swif1

IMG_20101014_192117.jpg

crits?

You understand 3d very well, try playing with the vanishing point just for the fun of it...ie: make it to the top right of the page instead of right in the middle of the piece

your letters have zero flow or style

personally I would say screw colors for awhile and do a shit ton of sketches of just letters first

it looks like you understand letter structure really well, so use the blocks for the letters and extend them a bit, bend them, or play with them however you want

I did a sketch to show phony what I mean, hopefully it helps

IMG_20100831_122634.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Ruck, rather than trying extensions, try getting the letters to merge into themselves a bit more, at the moment you have nice letters but they are 4 individual letters, just try to get the letters to connect with each other and flow into each other. Or break the letters down a bit more, there is nothing to say the R has to be a solid R it could be made up of 2 parts like the upright and the curve, just break the letters down a bit

Okie doke, i'll keep tweaking my letters, this is the style of letters i'm running with at the moment, most potential for using extensions I think, Well so far that I have found in my designs.

Ruckus: not bad, man. It's definitely got an even flow to it.

Saph: I think what you got going on would make a good throwie. You should do another in just black & white.

Zen: You're getting it. Sometimes the simpler the letter structure is, the harder it is to make it look good.