Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was talkin to dude on the last page.

lol, Krylon 360 here = 2.99

but to ^^^^: Ive never even seen American Accents or Painters Touch here. Here we got the regs: colorplace, rusto, krylon, valspar at lowes, and like home depot has Americas Finest.

He was talkin to dude on the last page.

lol, Krylon 360 here = 2.99

but to ^^^^: Ive never even seen American Accents or Painters Touch here. Here we got the regs: colorplace, rusto, krylon, valspar at lowes, and like home depot has Americas Finest.

really youve never seen it hmmm do u live in the states...and is anyone else having this problem?

hey idk if its like this evrywhere else but my local walmart no longer has american accents so i went over to lowes down the road and niether did they where all the american accents were they replaced with shitty valspar colors i was fuckin pissed

your walmart carried american accents???

wtf

i've never seen a walmart in my state with AA.

whats the price like?"

before they were selling all of the colors of the 1x for like 297 here. i wonder what it is now. if it is cheaper than ironlak, ill scoop a quick little 20-30 cans and give it a test. im interested in all the new hacks for a female cap system,. i dont mind the challenge...

every cap ive ever tried using on PT has been like trying to do a fill with a paintball grenade (if you dont get it look up tippman squadbuster). it had mad overspray, not just the normal shit, im talkin a foot of horribly obvious horribleness.

and to szr, the only kind of paint ive ever seen sold in stores around here is rusto, valspar, colorplace, PT, krylon, quick color, and this paint they sell at lowes for .99 cleverly named "spray paint." a couple years ago before i was into graff wal-mart used to sell plasti-kote odds 'n ends, but dont now. i think they do in some hobby store by me my friend grabbed some a year or two ago but its not worth it for two farts of paint.

I like ironlak too! it is the best value hands down. but i dont know what youve been eating cause that smells nothing like candy. napalm maybe or like industrial glue with paint and various engine solvents. definitley wear like two masks

well our walmart used to sell it i know recall i just never went there for it i went to lowes so i went to walmart not sure if they had it or not but i knew lowes had that rusto american accents is it discontinued maybe?

a little update on my praises of krylon h2o.

so i have had alot of time to use it and compare it to other brands while doing the same wall piece and here is a little updated review on what i think...

ok here goes..

as a 2.50$ can, it is great. here are some negatives i have about it.

PROBLEMS WITH FADES/GRADIENTS: when i use rusto to go over it, like lets say im making a smooth color gradient from yellow to black, and lets say i lay down the yellow first as my fill with krylon h2o...if you arent good at laying down VERY fine mists of paint accurately, you will get these patches of bubbles that settle and then make huge ugly drips. give it a little bit of extra time to dry between fine mists and it goes on great, in fact, almost like a fresh coat of buff to prime the bvlack rusto about to go down before the fade.. when you lay down the black for the fade, and the krylon hasnt dried completely, it will go on, but then slide off as a sheet with the rusto intact on it, leaving this crack and slide effect. if you have ever had the fortune of seeing an avalanche happen, it is somewhat similar to an ice/snow shelf sliding down hill.

solution: go real slow with the krylon h2o between coats. do your fill and all that, then come back for fades. smoke a bowl or something and wait, it will be worth it. once you have added the rusto or whatever for your fade, go back over it with the other fade color and your fade gets SO much smoother. step back and just look at it. you will aggree.

PROBLEMS WITH CAPS: so far the only caps that work with it that i have found that work with it are the caps that come with it (close to a NY fat, but it gets CRAZY thin lines, like half a cm with a fast stroke.), grey dots (VERY nice...) and also the caps from krylon short cuts, which spray like between an orange dot and a rusto fat size dot. (stock cap that is black with a white center)

if you try other caps, it is like tryin to rape a rusto fat into an ironlak can. anything that goes in it after that cap will just leak everywhere.

PROBLEMS WITH AVAILABILITY: i found my initial cans at walmart, in the discount aisle for like 250 a pop and 3$ for the metallics.

have not found ANY since... which is depressing.

COVERAGE IS MEDIOCRE: the coverage is better than krylon or colorplace or valspar, but not as good as rusto or euro paints. lemme put it this way, on an unprimed wall, it does better than rusto (most paints soak into the concrete and disappear), but on a primed wall, it takes like 2 passes to cutback a line on rusto black.

Color charts for new Rustoleum Painter's Touch 2x Spray Paint!!!

Painter's Touch 2x (Gloss Colors)

http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=400

Painter's Touch 2x (Semi-Gloss Colors)

http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=401

Painter's Touch 2x (Satin Colors)

http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=404

Painter's Touch 2x (Primer Colors)

http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=402

my favorite colors are from the gloss set. the colors i have all match the colors on my screen pretty nicely. one thing i noticed that was very differnt than other cans is that the colors all have different labels that show things painted with that color. which is great in my book. hahaha. i hate keeping the caps with me. i just pop them and toss em.

hey btw, i havent been able to purchase my premium account yet, wtf is up guys? it keeps saying when i click the credit card option that they cant do it because of 12oz not updating their subscription or some shit.

i dont know if this is happening anywhere else but at my wally world they have put about 15 different colors of the old krylons back on the shelves at 2 bucks a can. the cans were all different colors suck as peach, primer grey, and some of that krylon metallic shit. hopefully this is a sign of the old cans coming back if so they need to keep that 2 bucks a can. lemme know if you notice this too.

i love coming up on all the old krylons

even the shittiest/thinnest colors can be put to good use. even if it's just for mists or other effects

"ballet slipper" on watermelon or other pink

"totally tangerine" on burnt orange

"celery" on any green

those are all shamefully watery, but i put 'em to use like that and it comes out proper

Archived