Spray Paint

Guest SayOne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girl's grandparents moved a few yearfs back, they had about 20 half empty cans of those 1960 rusto cans, some looked even older. She would not let me take them because she thought they would notice and ask questions. Over the next few days they got thrown away and I never got them. And she wonders why I beat her...

(Just kidding about that last part)

My girl's grandparents moved a few yearfs back, they had about 20 half empty cans of those 1960 rusto cans, some looked even older. She would not let me take them because she thought they would notice and ask questions. Over the next few days they got thrown away and I never got them. And she wonders why I beat her...

(Just kidding about that last part)

:lol: its fucked up

Has anybody tried blubber colors or heard of them?

My friend gave me a can and tried to tell me it was Eco-friendly.

I used it and all I noticed was it was actually a little tougher to wash off and wasn't so pungent.

Is there any legitimacy to this Eco-friendly claim?

Has anybody tried blubber colors or heard of them?

My friend gave me a can and tried to tell me it was Eco-friendly.

I used it and all I noticed was it was actually a little tougher to wash off and wasn't so pungent.

Is there any legitimacy to this Eco-friendly claim?

Ya the guy who owns that paint line, Aero, says it doesnt have certain chemicals that other paints have. So I guess its "eco-friendlier."

3749144378_c81202d617_o.jpg

1992Cans (1992)

Maybe 20 different brands from a time when it was still a real mission to get hold of a decent range of colours in England. Working around all the reactions from overlapping different paint formulations was a real chess game.

In the mix you can see some original Marabu Buntlacks with the horizontal logo, the choice of 80’s Euro kings. Then there are some bland England car paint colours vs vibrant German car paints. I never really figured out why they’d want a mauve or purple motor but cheers for the colours anyway.

Standing black and proud in the front is a French Sparvar picked up from our Parisian friend Simonz - he’d bring us a carrier bag over every time he’d go back to visit his fam.

The foot soldiers of the army are some classic standbys of the British scene - filthy Japlac enamel, Stonechip black and Finnigan’s Smoothrite from before they ruined it. Most British 80’s / early 90’s graffiti was outlined with it - black, white, blue, green, red, yellow and that’s your lot. I recall Vulcan from NY saying it was the best outline paint in the world.

hey, i have a project to do this weekend on wood for my friends Wakeboard RailJam.. we have a 42'-4' plywood A frame to cover. First we're rolling it all black as a background. (also to help w the paint eating...) buuut i reaaally would like some advice on how long we need to let that base coat sit before we waste this poor rich dudes money on a bunch of paint before hand. Also would regular old Rusto do the trick? i mean its in water. Riders will be shredding wall rides all over the sides.. seems like a lost cause to even attempt such a risky project.

any and all help would be useful. its tuesday now, i go out to the lake tomorrow to start the work. we have until the weekend to be done.. between my shitty hours at work, this will be no easy task.

PLEEAAASSSEEEE i need tips hah. desperate.

Let that base coat sit until its dry to the touch, ideally.

you could probably start to sketch the stuff out when its tacky though.

dont fill in stuff till its dry to the touch.

let the ramp sit in direct sunlight as much as possible while its drying. this goes for the base coat and the rap letters.

using plywood and letting it soak in water without any treating is pretty high on the stupidmeter but you've no control of that. spend some dough and get rusto clearcoat for it, it will help the paint last longer even if the rest of the platform falls apart.

Archived