Are all hicks republicans?

hobo knife

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ten Cents--

Well, perhaps my opinions as regards firearms are kind of extreme. But let's look at the Mother of All Gun Control Bills, the Gun Control Act of 1968. It came, almost verbatim, DIRECTLY from an English translation of the proto-Nazi gun control laws of 1932, when the Jews were disarmed. The legislators that introduced it even admitted that's where they got it.

The assault weapons ban is another example of an objectionable law. We have had detachable-box-magazine, semi-automatic rifles since before WWI, almost ninety years. All the sudden, the anti-gun crowd discovered the "evil assault rifle," and passed legislation trying to limit the importation of affordable, foreign-made service rifles like the AKS, the MAK-90, and the FN/FAL. They did this by outlawing the importation of rifles made in countries other than the U.S. that had more than three of the following list: a threaded barrel, a "flash suppressor", a detachable box magazine, a prominent pistol grip, or a bayonet lug.

This law was strictly about cosmetics and "spoiling the party." It was a "Fuck you, NRA" law, and combined with Ruby Ridge and Waco, it sold more assault rifles during the Clinton Administration than during the rest of history. Like I've said before, shooters I knew who had never owned any assault rifles went out and bought every one they could afford. All semi-automatic military rifles, like M1 Garands, SKS's, M1 carbines, FN/FAL's, Daewoo's, Ruger Mini-14's, Springfield M1A's, as well as AKS's, AR-15's and everything else were snatched up at double and triple the price they were before the ban, as well as millions and millions of rounds of ammunition. Guys I know have been steadily saving their money and buying every type of military-style rifle they can since 1993. I have several friends who now own six or eight assault rifles, where before they owned NONE, simply because of the idea that the Government was going to try and prevent them from owning one. It was a REALLY STUPID LAW.

Right now, people are replacing the barrels on their "post-ban" assault rifles as fast as they can, adding the original features that the AWB made illegal. It made gun dealers a bunch of money, but that's about the extent of it. And, of course, the criminals never obeyed the fucking thing in the FIRST PLACE.

You guys must like reading pages of bullshit that get you

nowhere. Kabar's shit just frustrates me, it seems like he was

the kid in high school who talked too much while trying to fit

in... but never did because no one wanted to hear it

its the good ole boy system.the old white(sorry if thats racist)conservative is going to want to continue living like how hes used to since things started in this country.kind of understand their stand point.wouldnt be please about my family living in a country for many generations and then having someone just change it but that still doesnt make it right.anyway i just think things will be like this for years to come.till something drastic happens like a women or minority running this country.

Originally posted by KaBar2@Nov 3 2004, 08:18 AM

I have several friends who now own six or eight assault rifles, where before they owned NONE, simply because of the idea that the Government was going to try and prevent them from owning one. It was a REALLY STUPID LAW.

Wait, the law is stupid because it caused your friends to go out and buy ILLEGAL guns, for the sole reason that they're ILLEGAL?

Hrm

Originally posted by KaBar2@Nov 3 2004, 08:18 AM

Ten Cents--

Well, perhaps my opinions as regards firearms are kind of extreme.  But let's look at the Mother of All Gun Control Bills, the Gun Control Act of 1968.  It came, almost verbatim, DIRECTLY from an English translation of the proto-Nazi gun control laws of 1932, when the Jews were disarmed.  The legislators that introduced it even admitted that's where they got it.

I dont know man, 1968 was nearly 40 years ago. 1988, 1998, and last year are a whole different ballgame. Kids weren't watching "bangin in little rock" or "menace 2 society" or selling crack or memorizing brotha lynch lyrics or bringing guns to school or sobbing about their dead classmates on the nightly news in the 60s. Crips and bloods werent spilling into suburban communities in the 60s and guns couldn't be purchased online in the 60s. Maniacs werent picking people off in home depot parking lots in the 60s or covering themselves in body armor and waging automatic weapon war on the police in the street in the 60s. There sure as hell weren't any trenchcoat mafia high-school massacres complete with media-fame inspired copy-cat shootouts in the 60s. Times have changed.

And the ineffectiveness of that particular assault weapons ban you keep mentioning is beside my point -- that the dominant reasons behind that and other recent gun control bills do not originate from the interest of limiting civilian resistance to government. With Waco and Ruby Ridge you probably have your strongest case in that regard, but those are still two isolated incidents that I don't believe have as much bearing on current anti-gun policies as the ill spectrum of aforementioned media-hyped, gun-related shit that prompts Jane Q. Housewife-voter to picket city hall in favor of gun control and keep politicians "sweatin' to their constituency."

I agree with you that things have changed--for the worse. Yes, we do have all these people gangbanging and selling crack, and killing people in demented sniper attacks. Maybe that sort of behavior makes you want to disarm and reach out to these poor souls who are acting like nut cases, but it makes me want to fortify my house. The more crime and violent craziness there is, the more I want to prepare for a shit storm.

After 9/11, gun sales skyrocketed. The last gun show I attended (in Pasadena, Texas) was jam packed. I have an acquaintence who owns a small ammunition company. They are working ten hour days, seven days a week and can't keep up with the demand.

The trend since 2000 (Y2K) has been steadily upwards, and before that, since 1992 (Ruby Ridge) and 1993 (Waco.) The militia people I know have become much less active publicly since George W. Bush was elected the first time, but they are maintaining the lines of communication.

This may be a subject that we will just never see eye-to-eye on. The left-liberal point of view is well represented on 12 oz., but there are only a handfull of conservatives here. One of the reasons I keep on writing about it is because this may be one of the few places in my life where I have much contact with people with a radically different view of things. Maybe it's a waste of time, but on survivalist boards and militia boards, we are simply preaching to the choir. At least here some of you guys may be hearing some opinions you don't normally encounter. Or, maybe not.

I believe one of the most important reasons to be against gun control is to be able to defend yourself.

During the teamsters strike of the 1930s fascist gangs from the south were organized to come break up the strike, when Ferrel Dobbs heard of this, he started organizing target practice for teamsters

When the fascists heard of this and how serious it was being taken, they backed down

You have these fascist organizations that are armed to the teeth, who say their mission is to rid the world of niggers, spics, jews, communists, etc... and you think people shouldnt arm themselves for their own defense?

Its crazy

"guns couldn't be purchased online in the 60s."

i dont mean to be knitpicking here, but you make it sound as though you can simply order a full automatic ar-15, barret .50 cal or h&k .45 and simply send dude a paypal payment and have the gun sent to your house. sorta like how michael moore went to the bank and walked out with the gun in that stupid ass movie.

TO BE A CRACKER YOU DONT NEED TO BORN WHITE OR AMERICAN.

example-YOU COME FROM CUBA AND DISIDE TO BE A COP, IT TAKES A FEW YEARS IN WHICH CONSIST OF BRAINWASHING YOU AND THEN YOU BECOME A CRACKER.ANYONE WHO THINKS PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE EAST ARE TERRORISTS,WHEN THEY JUST PROTECTING THEIR LAND AND FAMILIES, IS A CRACKER ... SO SUCK MY DICK AND ASS CRACKERS.

Kabar2...

What does being conservative have to do with being pro-gun?

Just because I will gladly kill someone who'd intends to harm me, it doesn't have anything to do with political affiliation..Does it? As mentioned many many times on various gun threads on here, the ban was and still is bullshit.. Limiting a flash suppressor? Oh no! A guns erupting flame might be somewhat(or hell, even totally) diminished, but you'll still hear that bitch from miles away.. No bayonette? Holy shit! So, I can't stab someone with the tip of my rifle, but I can use a katana/box cutter/fillet knife to slice them the fuck up!(?) I know you know it's pointless, but i'm just sayin..

So, like a few have stated..Why and how? Given that YOU KNOW the ban would be bullshit(as it has been in the past), how can you(and fellow NRA members) endorse a flaming faggot like Bush, on false pretenses, scare tactics and just flat out blatant lies?

I too, belong to a mostly conservative forum(car related) and it's more than frustrating when people go off-topic on a diluted religious based argument(which pertains to nothing about the discussion at hand)...While others can't get over the fact that alot of people don't feel the need to politically label themselves.. Very infuriating to say the least..

Democracy at it's best?

Rather, ignorance at it's best...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by KaBar2@Nov 5 2004, 04:55 PM

I agree with you that things have changed--for the worse.  Yes, we do have all these people gangbanging and selling crack, and killing people in demented sniper attacks.  Maybe that sort of behavior makes you want to disarm and reach out to these poor souls who are acting like nut cases, but it makes me want to fortify my house.  The more crime and violent craziness there is, the more I want to prepare for a shit storm.

I think you may have misinterpretted my point. I wasn't trying to support or denounce gun control at all. Personally I'm almost indifferent on the subject either way. I wouldn't want every maniac psycopath on the planet to own a gun but I also wouldn't wanna be holding a whiffle ball bat in defense if they did. I'm more or less in the middle on that issue.

I was just pointing out what I see as a more accurate line of reasoning behind modern politicians' approach to gun control legislation (as opposed to your own view, which to me seems a bit more far fetched ). The specific points I made about times changing were meant to illustrate where the general public and the media are taking their cues from when it comes to popular stances on gun related issues.

Sorry if I misinterpreted what you said. Each person looks at the situation through his own eyes. I'm sure, to a born-again Christian, religion, homosexuality and morality are issues of primary importance. To a parent of a soldier or Marine in Iraq, the war is most important. To a manufacturer or a union rep, the economy is most important. To a gay or lesbian person, "gay marriage" may be most important.

I have my own ideas and opinions about what is most important, and MY ideas and opinions are just as valid, just as legitimate, and just as worthy of respect as all these opinions above. If I was gay and on here bitching and carrying on about how my right to marry my partner is blah-blah-blah, most of the people on this board would say "I don't agree, but I respect your opinion."

Two sides to every issue. We vote on it. One side wins. The losing side complains, gets motivated, comes back strong at the next election. If they can garner enough support, maybe next time they win. And if not, maybe they don't.

The Democrats are strong, but they are not strong enough.

ONE REASON is their stance on gun control. This should be an easy decision---DITCH THE OBSESSION WITH DISARMING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Then, maybe they will have enough support from economic conservatives who are socially more liberal to swing the White House their way. But, as long as they support gun control, I'm voting either Republican or Libertarian, and so are a lot of my friends.

• 1 month later...

Archived