Parents just don't understand!

justjedd

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was forced into graffiti by my parents, they said i couldnt get any cookies untill i bombed the whole hood up

I lol'd.

Props just because you made my day.

Your post would be in my signature, but you can't copy and paste on an iPhone. :(

My folks think I stopped cuz my ass got caught once (long story, it's dumb). Mom found my cans and threw that shit out. So a week later I just racked a few more and stashed em in an old Reebok shoe box in my closet. I got at least 10 other shoe boxes in there, all stacked up, so she probably won't suspect it. I still go out every now and then, mostly just sketchin in my book (which I also have to hide now).

But I'm mad at yall who got them cool ass parents. That shit ain't fair lmao. I can barely get my mom to gimme a ride to the beach on the weekends let alone help me scope out a spot and shit.

i dont live with my folks but when i got arrested for graff and i called and told my dad he flipped and kinda hung up on me. it took a little while before i could talk to him again. that was pretty recently. i wanna tell em i wanna just paint freights cuz if i have to call him again and tell him someting else regarding getting caught ill be kinda disowned. just tryin to think of how to word it. pretty stupid

• 1 year later...

Shit ,I was bombing the skool with ACE and my dad caught me :o with sharpies and he took into the graffiti nd shit but he said keeep it on paper and blah,blah so he caught me

with sharpies and now he hides emhttp://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/images/smilies/redface.gif

my folks are cool with it. they are just like, dont get caught.

when i was a kid they were strict, but i dont know if they are just gettin old but i have mad bong sessions in the house and i dont hear anything about it unless i fall asleep with the stove on or something.

I get the usual...."don't be crying to me when you get caught" or "you better not be doing that shit" Auntie usually goes, "I thought you stopped doing that shit" My brothers are more cool with it. They actually point graff out asking me if I see that and I'm like, "yeah"

I don't care if my mom or anybody is cool with it or not, just accept the fact that I write.

this entire thread is like a bad joke.. Maybe i'm just getting too old.. :o

you guys can't be fucking serious.. I feel ashamed even posting this.

You all need to grow the fuck up

• 2 weeks later...

Well i live with my parents, and i was writin for about a year , secretly, and then boom i get fucked (caught) of course i was smart about it and all, and got away with it, but now then my parents knew what i was up to for the past year with all them sketch books. they've never been supportive to graffiti, so it was a rough year afterwards. then later, they asked me to paint at some wall, so i said okay. and i painted it , and after that day, they were a dash more supportive, which made my life way easier. but still doing them illegals, its still tough, they dont let me out at night with paint (lol yea, i'm only 16), an all that shit. and its shitty i gotta lie when i'm gonna go piecing. but gotta do what ya gotta do yannoeeeee.

i live with my mum and she knows but doesnt really mind so much cos she is in denial and i havent been caught yet. but i still like to keep it on the low. the less they knwo the better.

my bro used to do graff so he is cool with it and gives me advice occasionaly. and the other brothers couldnt really care.

i throw my folks up...i was showing my mom a billboard one time and she was like "howd yall get on there"! or my dad telling me my name was cool i show them all my flicks as my dad says"i like the colors"..imma grown man tho..so i can do that... back in the day it was all... "we just paint skateboard ramps and wood "..i def remember the days when i was hiding all my paint in the bushes by my house or in the trunk and my folks finding my paint and me making up bullshit stories how i was painting quater pipes for people or some shit...lol

• 2 weeks later...

same thing here, my mom kindah supports me, i was in the car with her the other day (my liscense is suspended) and i was like look at that shit graffiti right there, lemme tag over it, she just said not right now at least wait till it gets dark so you wont have to worry about being seen, it was pretty epic

• 1 year later...

Sorry about reviving this thread but I'd rather revive an old one than make a whole new one for the same thing. But anyways...

------------------------

My rents found out yesterday because I used to tag with a name that everyone knows me as (been my nickname for years) and my mom saw it on the side of this spa she decided to go to. They've been yelling at me all day and night and even all day today too. They're threatening to kick me out of the house and calling me stupid, worthless, piece of shit, good-for-nothing, retard, child, etc.

According to them, graffiti is not art and is nothing LIKE art. It's just pure pointless vandalism. I tried to explain to them that it's something I enjoy doing and I find that it calms me down and lets me think, but they don't really care at all. Everything I do for fun they shit on whether it's illegal or not. I told them a few months ago that I wanted to try making a business for customizing computer cases and video game consoles but they told me it's stupid and I shouldn't even bother because I'll end up screwing it up or wasting my money.

I told them about 5 weeks ago that I was looking into buying a motorcycle to go on a road trip and they shut me down on that too saying I can't be trusted on a motorcycle and that I'm too stupid to fix one and blah blah blah...

I really don't care anymore though. I'm going to paint whether they like it or not. They always find something that they can use to put me down but I'm not going to stop painting. If they take my paint, I'll buy more. If they kick me out, I'll go to a friends until I find my own place.

I'm tired of their bullshit. I'm 22 and I'm still not aloud to make my own decisions without them putting me down and kicking me out. My brother drinks and drives almost every night (not just buzzed driving, like BLACK OUT DRUNK driving) and they never say anything except "Okay, just make sure you don't do it again!" and then give him money to go buy more booze.

No longer will I accept the shit they do to me or say to me. I'm going to do what I want. I respect them FULLY and don't paint around the house, I don't make a mess of my bedroom, I don't drink alcohol, I don't borrow money off them, and I do all the work around here that there is to do (dishes, laundry, painting the house, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning the car, roofing, and I fix everyones computers) but they won't respect me, or even listen to what I have on my mind. At least when I'm painting, I can be happy. I'm not going to give up doing something that I love and that makes me happy just because my parents don't like it. If everyone did that, there would be no rock and roll, no rap, no NOTHING.

And I'm not looking for pity or hand-outs or anything, I'm just ranting since I don't have anyone else to talk to about this shit. Thanks for giving me a place that I can go and talk to people like me about the shit that we all go through. I need you more than you need me, that's for SURE.

• 2 weeks later...

my moms totally cool with me going out and painting, but before i go all she says is "if you get caught, don't bother calling me, call your father". But she fully supports what I love doing so I guess it's pretty sick.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry about reviving this thread but I'd rather revive an old one than make a whole new one for the same thing. But anyways...

------------------------

My rents found out yesterday because I used to tag with a name that everyone knows me as (been my nickname for years) and my mom saw it on the side of this spa she decided to go to. They've been yelling at me all day and night and even all day today too. They're threatening to kick me out of the house and calling me stupid, worthless, piece of shit, good-for-nothing, retard, child, etc.

According to them, graffiti is not art and is nothing LIKE art. It's just pure pointless vandalism. I tried to explain to them that it's something I enjoy doing and I find that it calms me down and lets me think, but they don't really care at all. Everything I do for fun they shit on whether it's illegal or not. I told them a few months ago that I wanted to try making a business for customizing computer cases and video game consoles but they told me it's stupid and I shouldn't even bother because I'll end up screwing it up or wasting my money.

I told them about 5 weeks ago that I was looking into buying a motorcycle to go on a road trip and they shut me down on that too saying I can't be trusted on a motorcycle and that I'm too stupid to fix one and blah blah blah...

I really don't care anymore though. I'm going to paint whether they like it or not. They always find something that they can use to put me down but I'm not going to stop painting. If they take my paint, I'll buy more. If they kick me out, I'll go to a friends until I find my own place.

I'm tired of their bullshit. I'm 22 and I'm still not aloud to make my own decisions without them putting me down and kicking me out. My brother drinks and drives almost every night (not just buzzed driving, like BLACK OUT DRUNK driving) and they never say anything except "Okay, just make sure you don't do it again!" and then give him money to go buy more booze.

No longer will I accept the shit they do to me or say to me. I'm going to do what I want. I respect them FULLY and don't paint around the house, I don't make a mess of my bedroom, I don't drink alcohol, I don't borrow money off them, and I do all the work around here that there is to do (dishes, laundry, painting the house, vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning the car, roofing, and I fix everyones computers) but they won't respect me, or even listen to what I have on my mind. At least when I'm painting, I can be happy. I'm not going to give up doing something that I love and that makes me happy just because my parents don't like it. If everyone did that, there would be no rock and roll, no rap, no NOTHING.

And I'm not looking for pity or hand-outs or anything, I'm just ranting since I don't have anyone else to talk to about this shit. Thanks for giving me a place that I can go and talk to people like me about the shit that we all go through. I need you more than you need me, that's for SURE.

WTF man. Move out asap. Then go and knock your fuckhead dad into the ground. What fucking scum to do that to their own son.

• 8 years later...

Archived