Parents just don't understand!

justjedd

My mom always see's me sketchin shit and she thinks its cool when i do characters...but when she found 15 markers that were fat as shit i just said i like to color with them...i dunno how it worked but i can't lie forever and i have been arested once. So i am sure she knows but i know she wont understand.....i think my sis knows but she is cool abuot it.

and i dont know how they couldnt believe i do it...i look at sites, take flicks, drawl, come home with a lil paint on my hands, have a mask (which they have not found)...but one day when i am like 20 ill tell.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my mom

The first time I got caught, she was hella angry, then she found out how big of a dick the graffiti detective was, the 2nd time she was just like hella angry so she kicked me out and I live don the ave in seattle fo r 2 weeks, then I came home and she been hella cool ever since, buying me paint, let me build a wall, she knows I bomb and shes cool with that, she doesnt know what I write. my moms cool but sometimes shell hell stress out

Im damn near 22, and I still live with my parents, and they charge me rent, and give me shit about coming home late all the time. The biggest problem is this - my car is a hatchback, and for some reason, my parents always want to put stuff in it... I successfully avoided that for a while, but had to break down and take all my paint out so I could use the trunk... so I waited until I was the only one home, and moved all of my paint into my room - Im talking like 250 cans plus 4 gallons etc etc etc. I had all the paint in boxes so it wasnt obvious what it was - but moms found it anyway - you cant keep all that paint in your closet - thats dangerous she tells me - so eventually her and my dad sat me down and asked about the paint - i told them it was for legals... they accepted the answer, but I dont think they really believe me... oh well...

yeah I also failed out of college - twice I just really didnt want to be there

I have a shitty job, and as far as my parents can tell, no hobbies. They are really puzzled by me these days to say the least... Ill tell them whats going on after I move out.

luckily they havent found the tattoos Ive been hiding...

I think once you get to a certain point and your still living with your parents there bound to know. When they see you sketching it in your books, see you writing it on your bedroom wall, when its all over your homework, theres just no way out. i think my parents kinda know cauz they have found paint and im alwayse going out at 2 in the mornin and shit. I think most parents except it because it is an form of art and as long as you are succeeding in somehthing its all good.

but if your parents are fukin berzerk hide that shit in the clozet!

:king:

My parents found my bag and were more concerned with the vodka then the paint. Then when that all dyed down. "Umm...Why do you have all this spraypaint? What is this mask for? Why gloves? ARE YOU HUFFING SPRAY PAINT?" "No, the paint is so I can paint on walls, the gloves soI don't get paint on my hands, and the mask so I don't breathe the paitn in, it's bad for your lungs." "But you smoke why do you care?" "nevermind that."

Then one day dad comes to me and says "hey what do you paint?" "Umm...My name. Anything that happens to come to mind, it depends." "How long have you been doing this?" "Close to 3 years now..." "Really? You stuck with something that long? wow."

then he took me out to buy paint and he wanted me to take him to every place I have painted. My dad is a good guy.

I got boxes of paint for my birthday.

Some people have pretty cool parents on here....

My dad knows...He used to believe me when I said i only did legals

Now just gives me this look like 'who are you kidding'

Hes also gotten used to waking up to his house full of dirty paint covered writers

raiding the fridge or passed out on the floor

Once when i was 12.... he made me carry out 2 trashbags full of cans to the trashcan down the street ( i think it was something like 25 cans?) and throw them away

Luckily it was almost trash collection day so the thing was pretty much full ad they stayed on the top- i was able to rescue them then next morning.

A neighbor walked by as i was struggling to keep the lid open, grab the bags and not fall into the bottomless pit that is the Italian trashcan...heh

Originally posted by suburbian bum

My parents dont know anything, ive got cans under my bed, and sketch books all over. One time i left a bunch of caps in one of my pockets, my dad ran it trough the drier and they all fell out, so he comes up to me and is like whats this? Im like, hmm looks like a spray paint cap to me dad. Hes like then why did i find a bunch of them in your pocket? Im like" OOH yeah those... Me and my freind found a whole big pile of them on the bike path, you know people drop weird stuff" Then he told me they were clogging the drier and then he left.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

my mom is down with it.. she just says dont concentrate on just graffiti.. concentrate on arty stuff... which i do.. i guess with her being an artist for a long time.. is a reason why she understands.. i think alot has to come from her life..

my dad knows i do it.. i think.. i get very nervous around him when we pass some type of graffiti on the streets..

i think all of our parents know.. they just don't say anything..

and seeking are you being sarcastic or serious?

My Mom is cool as shit... She realizes that I am under Priveliged and really talented so she doesn't care.. When i got one of my pieces in a video I bought it and showed it to her she was all amazed and "So Proud of her little Boy" Hah... A while back she bought me 5 cans of icy grape because I told her if I found some I would sell my soul for it so she picked some up in a Boon dock town in oklahoma.. I love my Mom...

To bad my step Dad's an asshole.. he threw away like 20 or 25 cans a while back and my mom tore into his ass and got my paint back for me...

Shit I'm damn near 20 I have to move out soon.........i should take my mom with me...

damn i thought i was one of the few with that issue....

they definitely do not understand...

they just dont get it.. they throw the whole deal

if you love us. stop...

yeah lots of love. but no.

now i just run around lying and lying and lying...

try getting up while being daddy's little girl...and the only one for that matter.

• 5 weeks later...

my mom has to know...i always sho her sketches and shit and point out shit my friends do to her...i dont think sh cares she just doesnt want me to tell her im doing...because i be painting up my garage and shit and if i show her nice sketches and whatever shell buy the paint for me but usually when she does that i just do a simple on the garage and go paint someother shit someother place...and occaisionally i come home with paint on my hands and i just say i been painting at a freinds house and she doesnt even ask questions...so yeah she gotta know...just dont wanna hear it...

man thats cool. I wish my parents were like that. I got to keep my stuff stashed away kuz my mom is nozy as hell. She would kill me, then sit down and want to have a talk. Shit, your guys parents buy you this shit and mine would kill me for even having it, no questions asked.

my parents used to be ok with it..

im not going to say why they arent anymore, but they know im not stopping anytime soon.

my mom came over to my place once (i hadnt been on my own but for maybe 3 months) and i had cleaned up before she came over.

what are those by the couch? she asks.

oops, i thought i had cleaned up...

i had left about 15 cans sitting next to my couch in the living room...

to some that might seem like a lot, like how could i miss that, but considering everything else that i had cleaned up, it isnt much.

hmmmph after a year of watching me look trough magazines,visit sites,mix paint,watch me sketch,conventionaly snif paint to pass out and fall asleep,finding dirty caps,comming home rather late at night with hands dirty and smelling like paint...she never thought a thing...she would ask me here and then

"i dont ever want to find you painting on the streets""do you paint on the streets""you know thats bad,wait till i tell your father"

i wouldnt care...one night i went bombing...leaving her alone wiht my stuff...then she found some fotos...some of girl with graff on her...and some pics of a recent tunnel i had done...i was posing infront of the pic...she took them and rip them apart...also took all my graff stuff and ripped it apart...

unfortunatly she thought id stop after that...haha..she got me wrong...i told her ass that she cant stop me...

went the next day to the scrap yard..and bought myself a shit load of stuff..

SHE BROKE MY FUCKEN BLACK BOOK....

:o

my parents dont know, they just suspect...when i was younger, i kinda screwed up , they caught on that i was down with graffiti, then moms was in my big brothers room (fucking snoop) and that evening she was like "so is there some graffiti at the park?" i was thinkin "shit" and me an my brother were like "uuhhh, yea there is actually, why?" and she said "you boys did it didn't you?". We laughed and said "nooo". then she told us about how she found my brother's backpack that day, and we were like "yea, so? thats what we keep our paint in. you know we paint in the barn sometimes" She said, "im gonna call the cops"...she was joking, but we never admitted to doing graffiti. (How the hell did she know about the graff at the park anyway?) I went ahead and layed low for a month and changed my name. both my parents would be mad if they found out, they would take my cans and have a long talk and probly ground me.

I'd be in a fair bit of trouble...

Home and Graff

I'm 32 so this doesn't apply to me now. Even though I have to deal with wify now to go out lol.

When I was a teen my parents knew I did it, hell they bought me Subway Art for xmas, it subsequently got viced from me at highschool but that's another story. My parents were strange they liked graff and that I was into it but when things got hot they were mad nervous and kinda stressin me about it. I luckily got to go away to school close to nyce so I could paint a lil something and not have them to deal with all the time cept when I was home for vacations. Then in 91 i took a bad pinch in Manhattan and hadda move back home for the summer an that sucked dick.

They know I still write and can't really say anything about it now that i'm an adult and livin the married life style. My wife tolerates it to a point as long as i'm careful.

Oh well my advice is to try and keep it from your folks as long as humanly possible then if they ask about the cans and masks tell em your doing Murals legally and/or working on Stage Backrounds.

Piece Love & Douche (Douche means shower in French)

Originally posted by Unit

Its kinda hard to keep your backpack from rattlin when ya hit speed bumps. =. Everytime were bout to hit speed bumps i just start talkin loud and shit. lolol :D

i cough, i make it up that i'm never 100% health wise.. that works too. but i usually don't carry paint when they're around.

my parents say that i need to stop acting like a little kid... they thought it was cool when i was like 16, or 17 but now at the age of 24 they think im just being silly. but i know they really love it, i even got told by one of their friend how they were bragging about me when they took the train downtown the other week. :D

my parents know that i write and what i write. it kinda sucked at first because they would see my shit everywhere, and i'd hear shit about it. my parents find my spraypaint and markers all the time and throw them away or hide them...they stopped doing this when i kept coming home with more cans rattling around in my back pack. i told my mom i was helping a friend paint a mural on his garage wall, and that i do legal walls...and that i paint trains because i think people would rather see art than beat up rusty freight cars. my mom is cool with it, she doesn't ask question and tells me not to get arrested when i go out late nights with my back pack. my dad bitches just for a reason to bitch...but it's not obvious, they know i write. as i look around i've got prismas laying out on the desk, Subway Art is sitting on my scanner, an almost empty can of white krylon is sitting under the coffee table. i got a bag of like 50 some decos sitting around here somewhere. plus all the blackbooks and notebooks strewn across my rooms...haha it'd be hell if the police came to investigate. lol and one more thing, my dad found my respirator and tryed to say i was making a bong out of it! haha i wanna see how that works.

my parents know i do graffiti and there cool about it. when i was makin a mop my mom was like "that colors nice, i think u should use that". my dads not that cool about it but o well to bad for him. my mom just doesnt want me to get into ""trouble"".

for every body that has to hide stuuf, if u hav any ceilings that hav seperate peices, see if u can shove thight stuff up there.

but as for you kids that mix paint with your pops and stake out spots with momma, that makes me sick. damn bonding and shit. i know one kid whose parents never ask where hes going, dont give a shit about him. he says he writes but he is up nowhere. if my parents were like that, you can guarantee i would be king of the city.

i totaly understand you!

i have to sneak out of the house and only on fridays or saturdays. 9 still go to school and plus, we live far away from the rest of the city. up north well my parents arent that bad, i show them some sketches and i say its says name. i wonder if my friend got busted and my mom would know i was with him, if she would turn me in

I still have to sneak out too. I'm pretty sure my parents know I at least sketch. I came home one day to find my mum showing some sketches to my dad. It was pretty awkward. No bonding though. I don't know what my parents would do if they knew I was actually sneaking out and paainting shit. Maybe they'd be pretty cool. They're all into meditation and yoga and shit.

Guest Handjob

Well, I haven't lived at home since I was 18 (I'm now 22) but, earlier this year, I decided to move back home... It was pretty cool considering my Mum moved from Canada to Australia. So I packed up my stuff and moved to the otherside of the world: Perth, Australia. I thought that this was one of the coolest things ever, until I found out that my parents had me on lockdown, as far as graffiti was concerned. So needless to say, I packed up my stuff, again, and now live, once again, in the Frozen North...:D

you kids that have parents that support you SHOULD BE UP ON EVERY BLOCK OF YOUR CITY!!!!! you have no excuse for not being up. i have to resort to lying to my parents, sneaking out of my house and its restricting me from doing what i love. DAMN IF MY PARENTS NEVER CARED THAT I DO GRAFF I WOULD BE OUT EVERY NIGHT ROCKING MY CITY. My friend's parents actually go tell him to hit spots...drive him to spots...and yet he has NO ups....that just makes me sick......take advantage of what you have.....lucky bastards

my parents kno that i am very into graffiti but they are in denial that i actually do it. One day my dad sees a "snipe" tag near the house and hes trying to be kool with me by saying..."yea some dude named snipe did some tagging in the area" but then the next day when he sees a marker in my pocket he tells me "u better not be doing that shit...ill turn you in if you do" WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!! DAMN MORAL PARENTS!!!!!!!

my whole damn family knows me as the "tagger" who gets popped!

At first my dad didn't know what to think about graff? He hates it and hates me...I always have to hide all my paint, keeping it in my trunk, at asics house or tucked in mt closet in a box!! fo real you kids whos parents are chill with you getting over, yo kids are truly blessed...I can't tell you how much I got my ass beat for getting caught by my dad!! I still catch ass whoppn's and I am twenty one........whats up boring get off work and lets paint dork!!:D

Archived