Parents just don't understand!

justjedd

yeah my parents are in denial. i keep getting caught. the the first time i got the "do you know that its illegal?" oh no. the second time it was "i thought you said you would stop" the third time they got the message that i knew what i was doing and no, i am not that stupid, its not peer pressure.

I think my dad is cool with it. every time i get caught hed be like oh no not again.

any way. now my parents think that i should turn graffiti into a legitamate artform. shite. but they like leagals. thats fun. my mum buys me pantones and copic markers.

Handjob Well, I haven't lived at home since I was 18 (I'm now 22) but, earlier this year, I decided to move back home... It was pretty cool considering my Mum moved from Canada to Australia. So I packed up my stuff and moved to the otherside of the world: Perth, Australia. I thought that this was one of the coolest things ever, until I found out that my parents had me on lockdown, as far as graffiti was concerned. So needless to say, I packed up my stuff, again, and now live, once again, in the Frozen North...

handjobs you should have stayed in perth. bloody brilliant city. no police force. lots of freights and train line from here to woop woop. always warm. oh well

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first my mom was cool with it she let me paint in the backyard. "So I won't go out on the streets" Then I got popped for having a marker. On the same day that I was supposed to pay the ticket I got bumped for tagging in an alley (remember that Beardo). "You mean you were too busy tagging to pay a ticket?" Then she made me throw away all my paint. Now shes cool with it. We just avoid the topic of illegals and she sees my legals. I just leave my paint out in my room. With my dad at first he ignored it, He would get really awkward everytime we would pass any graffiti and I would look. Then he came down to a legal I was painting the other day and said that he liked it and that it made the wall look a lot better. My mom likes talking to my graff friends. she's like "Oooh I like that thing that you did, keep it up"

Has anyone heard the thirstin howl song "I still live with my mom"

my parents buy me ink but they think it is to refill my paint markes if they ever find my paint ill be dead. i showed my mom some of the murals that were done after the world trade center thing and she thought that was cool. but my dad would kill me

I win!

I have you ALL beat. I quit my job about a week ago because I couldn't stand it anymore.

Yesterday my GRANDMA calls over to see I'm I okay for cash because she would

"hate to think you don't have enough money for your painting sweetheart. Do you have any pictures from last week?"

Of course I didn't take any cash, she is on a pension for chrissakes. But how much does my grandma rock????:cool:

my little story. I have been into graff for about 8 years only painting for 2 1/2 or so. I was always taking flix, getting 2 rolls printed a week (for the last 8 years!!) About 2 years ago my mom found cans in my closet and said "get them out of the house!!!" Time passed and The cans kept coming in. I told them It's something I do and I am not stoping...I told them I would stick to trains and bridges and not city building. I have for the most part. Now I show them stuff I do....

later

• 5 years later...

I can relate to ur stories so much I've been in trouble for graff a good amount of times in the past which they weren't to happy about my parents for the mostpart think alot of it is cool and I try and lecture them alot that it is art blah blah blah.... and they see why I like

it they don't seem to get the illegal part of it though they think I should "channel my artistic/creativness into a career or sumthing" lol, as opposed to going out and destroying public property which they see as a waste of time with no benefits that just gets u arrested they say "you can't make a living out of tagging things" my mom just doesn't like tags though she thinks their just abunch of illegible scribbles (which is true for the most part) they mostly just don't want me getting in trouble again and I think they kinda know because they see my sketches/tags lying around they just don't say anything they let me buy paint thinking I just use it on the wall of this old shed in the backyard or on peices of wood...hehe!! (what they don't know won't hurt them right?) anyways, whenever they drive through the neighborhood or sumthing and see one of my tags up, they look at me suspiciously like "is that new?" and I'll look at them and be all "uhhh!!! no" or they'll sumtimes ask me before go take the dog out for a walk "do u hav any markers or paint on u?" and I jus say "naaawww". A few weeks ago I was up in my room doing some slap tags when my dad walks in to put away sum folded luandry and stops, looks at my tag and says "what does that say? DEMSR huh?" then he jus looked at me with a grin and said "BUSTED!" lol but most of the time my parents are cool.

I'm 24 now & i live alone, but i used to live with my mom. She know & didn't care or didn't understand how far this thing could go. Until she had to pick me up from hospital/jail.

We bomb some city buses & bus drivers here (Argentina) are really hard-core dudes who didn't like some punk kids bombing they're veicles, you know, i got beat the fuck up & trown in jail. Now when she sees me she'll be like "are you taking risks?", "did you get caugt for that?", "are you going to court today?"

She dosen't like me bombing, loves my legal stuff, anyway she (& all my family) knows that i won't stop at this point.

(sorry for the poor english ^_^)

^ ^ hail satan

my mom first found out, and she thought it was cool, and i took her to some dope spots. then when my dad found out, suddenly she hated it. it was really confusing, but i was in no situation to argue. my dad took a garbage bag, and threw out all my shit, but missed a few decos. conveniently my unlce is chief of police for La Mirada. he had a "talk" with me, and basically told me never come to his house again if i continued tagging. that night, i racked slaps and a kiwi. my stash grew twice the size in half the time. and just recently my parents found out i still write, so now im waiting on whats gonna happen.

When I first started my mom would get mad. But my parents don't care anymore because I get good grades, do chores, am respectful and stuff like that. So basically kiddies: get good grades, and be an overall good person to your parents so they let you and you graffiti shenanigans slide.

my parents didn't like it when i first started writing, but didn't really care. i guess they figured it was better for me than doing drugs and being lazy and shit. atleast i was expressing myself. but they were both pretty pissed when i got arrested...

i have a few times where my mom er dad found shit but my best two are....the first time i left a single ny fat(not even used) on my desk one time and that little thing made my mom rip through my entire fucken room flipping out drawers and shit(keep in mind im only 15 so ic ant really stop her) and found like half my shit like kiwis and cvs bingos and some gk and she was like THIS IS NOT NORMAL YOUR A VANDAL!!AHHH and i was like well im not stopping so get used to it and the other time i had left a sexy kiwi in my pocket and i threw my jeans on my bed and went to bed and my mom woke me up the next morning like "why do u have a graffiti weapon in your pocket are u vandalizing things again" and i was like i didnt even use and i think she baught it but w/e thats my dumb stories

Archived