bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

i am giving my peugeot her gears back.

any idea how to position the derailleur in the hanger?

the derailleur isnt threaded, but instead has a washer

with two stops coming off of it in opposing directions.

any idea how to position this thing between the hanger and the derailleur?

holler.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

never really posted in this thread but heres mine

bike.jpg

volume destroyer [removed brakemounts]

s&m pitchfork

primo powerbite crank

primo 36t sprocket

odyssey pedals

primo seat/post

odyssey freecoaster wheelset

primo stem

some random ass bars

haven't really rode as much like i used to to

but i'm trying to get back into it

next thursday after work i am going to my boss's friends house. the guy apparently has mint condition 1970's frames pretty much piled into his basement. he mentioned cinelli and a manufacturer that started with an F that i cant recall. the F company used pin striping though. im pretty excited.

Unfortunately, budget determines everything. I don't know much about MTB so I'll try to help but don't take my word for it.

Cross Country trail riding... seems like most guys go with hard tail / front suspension.

Trails w/ Jumps and shit... full suspension. I've even seen a few guys in magazines riding MTB trails on 26" BMX bikes... which looks like fun.

I would go test ride a bunch of bikes and decide which one fits you best and just feels like a glove.

Had my first race in a while tonight. Sucked. Finished 15th but I didn't even expect to do that well. I was riding solo (no team mates) against a couple of teams with many guys each. Not much you can do when one is attacking the other and the other doesn't want to chase. I chased down a few breaks but eventually got sick of that shit and left it to them to battle it out.

Another season with no results... bummed.

i will eventually. my brother lives in sarasota, but he's pretty much stopped riding and is focused on running, swimming, and kayaking. i'll be down around new years, hopefully he's up for some. i know he's ridden ocala and liked it.

i got my new bike tonight. craigslist. redline monocog, good amount of mods to it. i'm switching the rigid fork with one of my old ones (marz z-1 x fly). i'm not too well versed with disc brakes so i'm gonna swing by an LBS and get a lesson or two. also need to have the fork torn up and rebuilt. i def. don't have those tools lying around. by next weekend i'll be able to hit the trails, its a 3 day weekend too. wooooooooooooo. i'll post pic in a minute

I've said before but, I love hydraulic discs but mechanical discs are worse than V-brakes...

I'm gonna toss something out in a day or two when I can get a flick but, I might have found a road bike to love... I haven't been on a road bike since Peugot 10 speeds in 1985, when down tube shifters were 'new in vouge'... but this one looks sweet... it's a Specialized...um...

damn I almost had it... something like 'A1 someshit'... anyway, looks tight and I bet I could walk with it for $200... I'll get flicks in the next week and hopefully one of you road gurus can educate me (I'm looking at you J)