bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Paris - Nice starts today... without UCI approval. I wonder if the UCI will really sanction the Protour riders who compete in the race. Essentially, the UCI could suspend (for six months) half the Protour riders... which would be ridiculous. Who would the UCI get to race their races?

The UCi and ASO need to quit their bickering and figure their differences out. This shit is now affecting the riders directly which in turn affects the fans who want to see them race.

When I can't ride, I read too much...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
cheers soup.

Yea I dont really have much of a personal preference yet, but i tried a few bikes, this was the one that stood out.

found some look keos on a local net shop site for cheap. probably get those.

and ill sort out shoes/cleats next week or something.

i think i will be spending a lot less time on the oontz.

heard great things about keo's and spd-sl's. if it's any indication, like every builder at NAHBS threw some keo's on their final builds, maybe look paid them too?

Had a great ride today....beautiful day in the bay area.

Got home to the news. 29yr old biker hit and killed by a Sheriff. The biker was from San Fran, hopefully no one we know or someone who someone knows...

15548171_120X90.jpg

detail.html

LINK HAS VIDEO

Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist

POSTED: 2:49 pm PDT March 9, 2008

UPDATED: 5:39 pm PDT March 9, 2008

[NEWSVINE: Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist] [DELICIOUS: Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist] [DIGG: Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist] [FACEBOOK: Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist] [REDDIT: Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist] [RSS] [PRINT: Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist] [email: Sheriff's Vehicle Strikes, Kills Cyclist]

CUPERTINO, Calif. -- One bicyclist was killed and two others suffered major injuries Sunday morning when they were struck by a Santa Clara County Deputy Sheriff's vehicle, according to authorities.

At approximately 10:25 A.M., a Santa Clara County Deputy Sheriff was patrolling the Stevens Canyon area in Cupertino. The deputy was traveling northbound on Stevens Canyon Road near Montebello Road when his vehicle accidentally crossed over the centerline of the roadway. The deputy’s vehicle struck three bicyclists who were traveling southbound on Stevens Canyon Road.

The deputy immediately exited his vehicle, began to render aid and requested emergency medical assistance. Tragically, one of the bicyclists died at the scene. A second bicyclist was transported via Life Flight to Stanford Medical Center for treatment. A third bicyclist was transported to Stanford Medical Center for treatment and is in critical condition.

Preliminary reports indicate one vehicle and three bicyclists were involved in the collision, according to CHP Officer Tracy Hoover.

The CHP has closed Stevens Canyon Road in both directions from Balboa Road to the entrance to the Stevens Creek Reservoir, Hoover said.

The California Highway Patrol is investigating the accident. The deputy will be placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

Anyone who may have witnessed this accident is urged to contact the Officer Bowen of the California Highway Patrol at (408) 467-5354 ext.337.

Damn the other Guy died too, I just saw an update.

DUDE I GOTTA GET A FUCKIN HELMET!

Christ, the air here in Beijing has been so fucking bad lately I won't even ride with a respirator. I'm talking that visibility is down to like 3-400m. If it's the same tomorrow I'll take a pic and post it, you won't believe how bad it is.

I don't know what the fuck is wrong with these people...

i've always been a fan of s&m bikes and parts.

i don't get the tioga comps up front w/ a slick in the rear though while having that gear ratio...

anybody got an explanation?

S&M is awesome. great stuff over the years

the tire setup is an old school setup used by riders

who want an all around setup for trails and street

gear ratio probably looks weird because the rear wheel has a cassette hub

and smaller ring to minimize weight and damage if crashed

Hey Fat Ralphy, That fucking Depty didn't hit ONE cyclist. He hit THREE. He killed two of them, Matt Peterson, who rides for Roaring Mouse, and Kristy Gough. I knew Kristy Gough from the club rides we have. I didn't know Mat Peterson personally but I know people who ride for Roaring Mouse. A cyclist in the bay area is never more than two phone calls away from anyone. I could put michael ball on the phone in three.

What pisses me off is the guy fucking lied on his report blaming the accident on him "dozing off" even tho it's ten in the morning, and says he "started administering first aid" which turns out is a fucking lie. Dude's supposed to be a "peace officer" and isnt even a man enough to come out and say what really happened and take the real fucking consequences of his actions. I love how when I get a DUI the officer can lie his ass off and write down the most insanely detailed report you've ever read but this guys kills a cyclist and he can't remember a fucking thing. I wish the cycling union was strong enough to literally string this asshole up by his balls.

Fuck cops. Fuck cops. Fuck cops.

The guy's gonna get off too squeaky clean because a.) he's a cop and b.) all he's gotta prove is it wasn't malicious intent and he gets a slap on the hands. Same thing happened up here last year. You just need to know cops and you're in the clear

yeah, that straight up sucks.

i'm not on the 'fuck cops' line, but it sucks that dude will roll away clean, maybe not though...

i've known a couple people to get manslaughter charges from wholly accidental situations (not cyclists), this cop should atleast get that

haha, you dudes steady trying to call me out on some old shit.

fyi kids, that ratio has changed now that im old. 50:19 and im so fucking ashamed to be riding that bike around. its turned into an embarrasment w/ all these fisher price toys out there. i keep it for nostalgia.

anyways, im crabby and sick as a dog. but on the real, fixed is bad for your knees.

Hey Fat Ralphy, That fucking Depty didn't hit ONE cyclist. He hit THREE. He killed two of them, Matt Peterson, who rides for Roaring Mouse, and Kristy Gough. I knew Kristy Gough from the club rides we have. I didn't know Mat Peterson personally but I know people who ride for Roaring Mouse. A cyclist in the bay area is never more than two phone calls away from anyone. I could put michael ball on the phone in three.

What pisses me off is the guy fucking lied on his report blaming the accident on him "dozing off" even tho it's ten in the morning, and says he "started administering first aid" which turns out is a fucking lie. Dude's supposed to be a "peace officer" and isnt even a man enough to come out and say what really happened and take the real fucking consequences of his actions. I love how when I get a DUI the officer can lie his ass off and write down the most insanely detailed report you've ever read but this guys kills a cyclist and he can't remember a fucking thing. I wish the cycling union was strong enough to literally string this asshole up by his balls.

Fuck cops. Fuck cops. Fuck cops.

The guy's gonna get off too squeaky clean because a.) he's a cop and b.) all he's gotta prove is it wasn't malicious intent and he gets a slap on the hands. Same thing happened up here last year. You just need to know cops and you're in the clear

My real issue is that the location is one that I know very well, the Sheriffs regularly speed through the area, as do other cars. No traffic inforcement and the area is one of the most popular bike loops in the south bay. If anyone ever hits a cop then they are cuffed up and charged with manslaughter, I'm sure the double standard will prove true in this case. Could it have been intentional? You have to pay close attention when riding/driving in the area because the road has so many turns, I don't see how one could fall asleep while making all these turns and corners!?! Maybe he was sleeping at the wheel, fact remains two people are dead...Kristy Gough was an Olympic hopeful if i am not mistaken...REST IN PEACE!!

I am buying a helmet before my next ride....city riding is dangerous and this incident just drives it home.

i the gear ratio doesn't look functional for dirt jumping to me, i've known guys to ride that small, but rarely, more the flatlanders and street guys. i dono. maybe i'm just retarded.

what is it like 26/28x14/15??

no cassettes get pretty small and pedal pretty normal

thats probably a 28-10

http://www.danscomp.com/serve.php?serve=faq&html=chainwheel_faqs.htm