bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

SheldonBrown.jpeg

"In August 2007 Sheldon was diagnosed with primary progressive multiple sclerosis. After losing his ability to balance an upright bicycle to the disease, he was able to continue pedaling by using a recumbent tricycle.[4] Sheldon died on February 3, 2008 after a heart attack."

Straight up continued riding bikes even when MS wasn't allowing it. I didn't even know he had MS; huge bummer that he had these health problems.

bummer, rip.

who will take the reins of making morons overnight experts now?

other news,

cannondale is 'meh' in my eyes anyhow, but kiss it goodbye for reals now:

VeloNews

Canadian outfit buys Cannondale

Dorel Industries has bought Cannondale Bicycle Corporation, the corporation announced Monday.

Dorel, headquartered in Montréal, owns Pacific Cycle, the parent company of Schwinn, GT and Mongoose. The purchase is reported as an all-cash transaction valued between $190 million and $200 million.

The Bethel, Connecticut-based Cannondale, which also holds Sugoi Performance Apparel Company, a clothing brand, was previously held by Pegasus Capital Advisors, which purchased the company in 2003.

As a result of the acquisition, Dorel’s recreational/leisure segment, which includes Pacific Cycle, InStep, Playsafe and Roadmaster, will be split into two separate divisions. The Cannondale Sports Group, which will target the independent bicycle dealer and be separate from the mass-market line, will include Cannondale, Sugoi, GT and the company’s other premium bicycle brands, presumably Schwinn and Mongoose. Cannondale Sports has already stated that it plans to seek acquisitions of similar high-quality brands.

Pacific Cycle president Jeff Frehner will leave Pacific immediately to oversee the Cannondale Sports Group as president. Cannondale president Matt Mannelly will continue to run Cannondale Bicycle.

“Dorel recognizes the importance and potential of the independent bicycle dealer channel and is purchasing Cannondale as the first step to become the world’s No. 1 IBD player,” said Martin Schwartz, Dorel president and CEO.

Added Mannelly: “The end result will be a continuous flow of innovative product to our dealers and consumers.”

Teams and riders sponsored by Cannondale include Liquigas, Cannondale-Vredestein, Health Net-Maxxis, U.S. cyclocross national champion Tim Johnson and Tinker Juarez.

I have no idea what kind of frame that is... sorry.

I'm not a huge fan of Cannondale myself, though I do use one for my rain bike. There is definitely better American made bikes out there but Cannondale has been around for years and making pretty good bikes since day one. No, they're not handmade goodness but for someone (read: folks who buy on weight and looks alone) who is looking for a really good bike at a decent price... they definitely fit the bill. Just as Schwinn used to have a decent line going I think Cannondale will fall to the same prey as Schwinn.

Speaking of new bikes... I haven't been able to ride my new bike since the day I got it thanks to wet weather. It's been almost a month. Ugh...

Bareknuckles are way overpriced. You're better off getting something else. They're not even that good of a tubeset for the money. Mind I also remind you they're ugly, not even lugged (c'mon, if someone wants to spend that much for steel, you might as well have lugs right?), basically some real bullshit. If you want Japanese just go all out and get a keirin bike. What size are you? Anything below 56 won't be that hard to track down. There's plenty of people selling them now. You could also get an old Italian track frame off ebay for less dough, then put your other cash into wheels. If you wait awhile you can usually a find a good deal on some lesser known brand with a Reynolds 531 tubeset, pretty good stuff.

PS Nice one coming up on that hit and run. Fuck bullshit drivers, hand it to them by getting up and looking at the license plate. I know I did last time I got hit, lady pulled over and stopped though, ended up getting a nice check out of it with no damage done to the bike besides an out of true wheel that cost $15 to repair.

Haha no I'd go because I've never been to portland and there's about 30 people that I know in Portland right now checked into the Jupiter, all of whom send me "oh yeah we left when you were in school... that sucks." messages. They're now currently drunk and riding around... so uh, watch out.

If this paypal shit transfers over by tomorrow I'm strapping my bike to my other bike and riding up. If it doesn't, oh well.