bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

As you might guess... we have no idea where you are. So there's no way of giving you info about where to go. What is it you want to do with those bikes? Please don't don't say convert them to fixed gear street machines... you don't have a Pro-Tech helmet do you?

up til that last pps i was in agreement.

maybe you're speaking to the road scene exclusively, but the mountain side of the game is fucking awesome here. everything but small components--and we're slowly getting there with those, too.

i'm down to pick on some fag bike scene kids--but euro elitism is fucking ludicrous.

i suppose it all depends with the whole euro/asia/US debate.

if you are looking at a road racing machine i dont see how you can rule out asia.

sure italy and spain have brands that produce high quality carbon but not at the price.

if you are looking for lugged steel then of course europe opens up a bit, as does the US. although if you are in the market for lugged steel your tastes are most likely not aimed specifically at perfromance but more toward style and perhaps even scene points.

componentry will always be ruled by campagnolo. price notwithstanding they are the choice.

being able to trim the front derailleur is so very nice for the OCD rider, myself included. shimano gets the job done, and well, especially at the price points. SRAM has potential but has priced themselves in the campy market whereas they should be aiming more at the shimano equipped tiers as a 'new' brand.

lets assume i am looking for the ultimate road machine to impress all my friday group ride buddies, or even to actually race at a highly competitive level:

price notwithstanding a prince with full campy record would be lovely, and impressive.

but otherwise a spec SL2 with sram red would perform just as nicely.

not tryna knock snobbery.

we are all amongst them.

just burning up time at work.

HAHAHA, oh man:

Cipo', Rock Racing cut deal

By VeloNews.com

Filed: January 20, 2008

Former sprint king Mario Cipollini will indeed race for Michael Ball's Rock Racing team this season, his lawyer confirmed Sunday.

Cipollini spent last week at the U.S. team's training camp in Malibu, California. But on Thursday, he threw some doubt on whether he would be joining the team.

"It's not an easy transition," he said in a telephone chat with Rai television. "We'll see. We're still in talks. But compared to two days ago, things are a bit more difficult. Something has happened."

Now, it appears that Cipollini's first race in Rock Racing colors will be the Amgen Tour of California, February 17-24.

The 40-year-old speedster "is not coming back to try and win," said lawyer Giuseppe Napoleone, according to the Ansa news agency. "He's done everything he needed to do. That's not the aim,"

"It's a young team that has asked Mario to take part in certain races for image reasons. He'll only race in the United States, not in Europe."

Before retiring in 2005, Cipollini had an impressive list of accolades, winning the world title in 2002 and racking up a record 42 stage wins at the Giro d'Italia.

funny enough, that whip is about to enter my stable. for real.

it may sound hypocritical coming from me but only an idiot would pass on a friend found/priced og waterford schwinn. bow down suckazzz. sike naw. hope the deal works out though.

i'm glad we're in agreement than, because that's about my favorite track frame i've ever seen, and the whole build is spot on. paramounts are the shit. my friend has an 80's road paramount, full suntour superbe pro group, i've been trying to buy it off him for so long because he has no idea of the value.

fellow riders.........

i recently got a new mountain bike. specialized....hard tail, 24spd, disc brakes.....and its fucking awesome................for mountain biking

9180-29_d.jpg

but, as a road bike its not that great.

so........as a cheap(er) option i plan on getting this (or something similar, secondhand) to use as a road bike.

2yyz61l.jpg

i want to strip it and build it up from scratch, pretty much just starting from the frame.

so...........im not too sure where to go from there. in regards to parts, etc im not up to speed on whats goin on. but i dont want fixed gear.

any thoughts, tips, ideas would be appreciated.