bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

so even though this is a usa manufactured brand and only a namesake...i am thinking of buying this bike this week the components are worth the money...and it seems like a good deal....any last words...your guys info is important to me..

im thinking of swooping up one of these bad boys.....the price range 895$ seems really incredible for the quality of components...anyone have one or have experience with this brand

91_3.JPG

FRAME

COLUMBUS ZONAL TRIPLE BUTTED 7005 ALUMINUM WITH SMOOTH WELDING

FORK

BOTTECCHIA CARBON-FIBER 1-1/8” FITTED WITH FSA ORBIT-X AHEADSET

WHEELSET

VUELTA XRP PRO 30mm RIM W/ AERO 24/24 SPOKES W/ PRECISION SEALED BEARINGS

TIRES

KENDA 23c DUAL COUMPONDBLK/RED/BLK

CRANK

FSA GOSSAMAR COMPACT 50x34T ISIS

PEDALS

BOTTECCHIA SPD ALLOY

SHIFTERS

SHIMANO 105 SHIFTER/BRAKE LEVER

BRAKES

CANE CREEK SCR3 DUAL PIVOT COLD FORGED

FRONT DER

SHIMANO ULTEGRA

REAR DER

SHIMANO ULTEGRA

CASSETTE

SHIMANO 5600 10-SPEED 12/25T

CHAIN

SHIMANO 5600 10-SPEED

HANDLEBARS

VUELTA XRP PRO 31.8 OS 6061 ALLOY

STEM

VUELTA XRP PRO 31.8 OS 6061 ALLOY

SEAT POST

VUELTA XRP PRO 27.2 x 300mm 6061 ALLOY

SADDLE

BOTTECCHIA

Fat Ralphy... said it before - get the bike, it's a good deal for what it is.

Swedish... 10th! Damn son! How did Superweek go? (You may have said before... but I can't remember)

Haven't raced in a while. Did a century ride this past weekend to help promote my title sponsor. Shit was fun. It's crit season here now which is my favorite so I'm sure I'll be out there.

superweek went really well. hand full of 2nds and 3rd places, a some 4ths and 5ths as well. Got all my upgrade points and was sitting 4th overall went i left. I won 410 dollars and got in really good shape. I'd suggest doing it if you ever have the time off. you can arrange for host housing like we did, and it doesnt end up costing that much money.

so i just got a bianchi pista. i know its generic and total hipster like but fuck, that shit is mad fun to ride. i've been nonstop cruisin on my bike the past couple days, and it just brings a smile to my face

well as long as your having fun, and actually riding it, i suppose thats all that matters, at least in my oppinon.

Fat Ralphy... said it before - get the bike, it's a good deal for what it is.

Swedish... 10th! Damn son! How did Superweek go? (You may have said before... but I can't remember)

Haven't raced in a while. Did a century ride this past weekend to help promote my title sponsor. Shit was fun. It's crit season here now which is my favorite so I'm sure I'll be out there.

THANKS for the advice JOKER...now i have someone to blame...jk

ill update you guys on the quality of the ebay purchase..L8R

just fyi, bianchi pista's are for clueless hipsters that just heard track bikes are cool to ride and just went out to the nearest LBS to buy one asap. the cream of the crop pretentious bike dude is usually seen with some fancy shmancy italian frame or a full NJS setup minus the tires and rims. but really, who the hell cares? i don't prejudice against a guy on a track bike in the street, i prejudice against the too cool for school bitch that holds his nose up high like he's hot shit and above talking to anyone else outside of his little group of like-minded fucks. but damn, i'm going to drive hesh out of his own thread again with talk like this. i ride the shit out of my track bikes(s) because that's my "car", fuck the bus! nothing flows better in city traffic and that's the truth.

anyone got a rec for nice racing tires? i'm split between schwalbe stelvios and conti gp 4000, both are nice and i could get both at the same price from the friendly cheap tire shop (shh, it's my secret). schwalbe blizzards run $17 and i like them better than conti gatorskins, i swear the rolling resistance is less even when blizzards go for half the price.

yeah sarcasm.when i first started riding to work that shit was killing me. now its easy as pie.

this weekend i did 35 miles of mostly uphill to get to a bbq. then did 35 miles of mostly downhill to get back home. no matter how much i have to struggle to get up a hill it is always so fucking worth it when i'm riding back down that shit.

I ride the Conti 4000 tires and I love 'em.

Swedish... sounds like Superweek went very, very well! Congrats on the upgrade points and the top five overall. If I can get this poor excuse for a body into shape I may take your advice and give Superweek a try.

there's also masi's similar but more expensive (?) version of a track frame that resembles a pista concept but is probably nicer. my friend had one, i never rode it but it was about the lightest bike i've ever picked up (some carbon parts on it though, but a heavy wheelset with phil hubs).

http://www.masibikes.com/cycles/coltello_frame.php expensive, lightweight and.... not made by the original masi. too bad. i'd rather have a steel frame myself but that's me, i haven't ridden enough aluminum to really form a well-balanced opinion but what i have ridden, i didn't like all that much.

I like that masi frame you suggested. I live in like mid wilshire area of los angeles near fairfax and shit. anyone from this area that rides fixies know of a shop i can see these frames in person. the homie has a bianchi concept 2003, its the only fixie that ive rode and i loved it. but i wana get a feel for other bikes, i dont wana commit on something i may not like in a year.

if you don't like something in a year, the nice thing about bikes is if you buy high quality / sought-after parts, you can sell them at a minimal loss (and possibly break even or make profit if the prices go up or you have something hard to find/rare) as long as you don't get in a colission or treat your bike like total shit. unfortunately, pista concepts aren't hard to find or rare, but they are in demand and probably will be in a year from now, if not by hipsters than by people racing them on the velodrome.

I like that masi frame you suggested. I live in like mid wilshire area of los angeles near fairfax and shit. anyone from this area that rides fixies know of a shop i can see these frames in person. the homie has a bianchi concept 2003, its the only fixie that ive rode and i loved it. but i wana get a feel for other bikes, i dont wana commit on something i may not like in a year.

i dont think any shops around LA have any bikes that high end ready for test rides.

mostly just frames.

and the only concept is probably the bianchi that will be fully built.

you should check out velo pasadena http://velopasadena.com/

pretty big shop with a bunch of track shit on hand.

there's also orange 20 and DRIF

Ridley makes a track frame that is relatively similar to the Pista Concept...

1634-1-1700.jpg

If you can't find the 2003 Concept in any shop (which I would be surprised if you could) then I would check eBay. I've been looking for the same frame, same year for over a year now and it seems like there's always a 2003 Concept on eBay in your size.