bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Track bikes have STEEP geometry, and very tiny amounts of rake. Those bikes have more rake than my geared road bike, and those bikes all have very shallow angles on all of the tubes. They're obviously made for hipster types that want a "track" bike for screwing around on, but never to actually be used on a track or raced legitimately. It seems like more and more of these bikes are being taken in the direction of "grown-up" bmx type bikes...riser bars and all that shit. No hate or anything Blaise, just saying. I fucking hate riser/flat bars on track bikes. Bullhorns or track drops only.

what category do you race on the track?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Honestly, it's got to be Campy for the cranks and BB. I haven't thought much about the wheels yet. Bars will be drops and I'm not sure if I'll go with Cinelli or those new Deda Pista black ones. The combo of Deda bar and stem is appealing. Seat will be Fizik Arione. Pedals will be something I can wear regular trainers with... not looking to wear cycling shoes to ride this thing.

heads up to joker.. there's a c-rec crankset on portland craigslist right now if you're trying to save a few bucks and go used.

i wouldn't mind springing for it as it's at exactly the same price as what i paid for my sug75's and i could just turn around and sell them for what i paid since the price has since increased, but i'm neither a serious track racer nor in any position to spend money on bikes right now.