your parents

ubejinxed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1. what's your relationship like with your folks - has it changed

it's ok now (cos we don't live together). when i was a teenager we didn't get along so well, but isn't that the same for everyone? now that i'm a "grown up" (or so i'm told) we get along better cos i can see things from an adult point of view and not and irrational teen's.

2. are they divorced

no

3. what are their primary occupations

my dad runs a small business from home, and my mum works for a high school doing administration.

4. did you have a comfortable childhood or were you living in the hood

dead broke in the hood. the late 80's/90's wasn't a great time in the country's economy, so most people were living on the poverty line. my neighborhood was infested with heroin most of the time i was growing up. they used to have to do sweeps on all the schoolgrounds in the area every morning before school started to find used syringes.

its good. still close despite being half way across the country from them. I'm an only child, so if I didnt have a good relationship with them, I'd probably need to disown them completely. Graffiti combined with the usual teenage bullshit kind of fucked things up between us. We have a little system of willful ignorance going on right now. I never mention graffiti, and they pretend I've stopped painting even though I'm sure they know I do. I tried being honest about it all after my arrest, but they never accepted it, so I just stopped talking about it, and now we play the game.

They're there for me when I need them, and vice versa. We're the black sheep of our extended family (moms left her family out in the maritimes and has nothing to do with them ever since. And pops spent most of 69-78 in a blur of coke and amphetamines) so we kind of band together.

2. are they divorced

married for 26 years. dont see them ever getting divorced.

moms used to work with graphic design firms (started with screenprinting when I was little, then doing all sorts of things, from illustration to the traffic co-ordination functions she filled in the last few years) but now she works a desk job for the government (4 weeks into it now) since she got fed up with the industry

pops works as a cleaner for the department of defence. he never really "found his way" I guess. He's bi-polar and only really got his shit together about 7 or 8 years ago. When I was in high school it looked like he really found somthing he loved to do. He was working in a seniors care home, and taking lots of paliative care/nursing courses at night, but the job was kind of slowly killing him emotionally. I really felt bad for him when he finally decided to quit.

comfortably poor. I was never really aware of it as a kid. we had what we needed, but never any more. I grew up with my parents buying clothes (and toys) in 2nd hand stores, taking transit, and living in subsidized housing. I'd lived in apartments until midway through grade 9 when my parents bought a small house the next neighbourhood over, which they still live in now. From grade 5 up we always had one car, but never a new one. quite a few beaters till we finally got a 96 saturn wagon in 98. We moved quite a bit (three times in toronto, once to saskatoon, then twice in winnipeg), but I was able to go to one high school from 7-12 so I dodged the bullet of changing high schools midway through.

It sounds depressing when I read it, but I was a happy kid and I never once wished I had more when I was growing up. I guess its partly cause only children tend to be raised like little adults.

2. are they divorced

1. not really, i havent lived away from home for more than a year yet tho. i am currently helping them move into the new house they had built for them. so i spent the day with my pops. ive noticed he curses alot more now, in a jokingly matter. before i moved out i rarely got "fuck" out of my mouth before catchin a lecture, now he curses more than me. my moms is the same too. she just quit smoking since i left, maybe i was too stressfull?haha.my mom is the coolest tho. she jokingly uses slang terms on purpose. also the supplier of the great amusement seen in this threadbubble wrap fun.

2. no, they been married for a loooooooong time. still goin strong.

3. my dad just retired from 23 years in the airforce and is currently a manager at auto zone. my mom is an xray tech. workin at two different care centers. always buisy.

4. my pops was in the military so we always moved around. some places were better than others. i hated england, but i was only six then, i have no fond memories of england. just seeing the first asain person id ever seen yet break both his legs jumping off this humugoues twisty slide about 2/12 stories tall. i was born in the south, cajun as hell,so it was kinda shitty out there, not a very good neighborhood. like i said, some were good, some were bad.

if i had fliks, i would post em. but i dont have any. sorry.

Guest krie

2. are they divorced

1) Mother - Great .. Father - Average

2) No

3) Mother - Works at a school .. Father - Car Dealer

4) Comfortable, grew up in nice suburbs all my life.

2. are they divorced

1. I tell my mother everything. Best relationship ever, we still argue from time to time that that's normal. My father has been locked up since i was 4 years old. My stepfather, used to have a bad relationship with him but now we sort of understand each other, took 10 years but the relationship with him is getting better.

2. Never got married, but real father has not lived with me for a long time. Been together with my stepfather since i was 8.

3. Mother works as a cook so does my stepfather. My father was a frontline soldier during our country's civil war. My stepfather was a sargeant during our country's civil war, nigga graduated from the school of the americas. Best beleive i feel safe at home.

4. Comfortable?...far from it. but when your a child you dont notice these things. We grew up in the barrio and during this time there was the crack epedimick so there was always dead people. We then moved to the suburbs since my mother got a 20000.00 lawsuit settlement after a car almost killed her. about a week after we moved to the suburbs my real father got locked up, still is. My mothere raised us alone, but she made it as comfortable as could be, how she raised us after my father got locked up i dont know, She struggled but she did it. i have the utmost respect for her. Theres nothing that will ever take that away, so did i grow up comfortable, Yes i did.

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v19/ikeashopper088/Picture_1055.jpg'>

its good, me and my mother get into arguments sometimes, but for the most part we get along fine.. shes overdramatic as hell though and HATES my painting habbit to quote her "if you ever do that stuff i will never forgive you, i wont have a son" or the funniest one was "everyline you spray is a line your slashing on my heart" TALK ABOUT DRAMA QUEEN! as a result i do things to stir her up, but we work around it.

My dad was cool as anything..one of my best friends as a kid, he bought me a butterfly knife (they were legal in australia then) when i was 13 as long as i promised not to take it out of the house, and we used to do all sorts of pranks together, i remembered one earlier today.

we were at the fruit market when i was 11 years old and this place was cheap but really old school they didnt have registers so they used to do everything in their heads( all the figures and what not), my dad asked me if i wanted to play a prank on them, and me being me was down for it, my dad was a civil engineer so he was really good with maths and he was adding the numbers really quickly and did it about 2 minutes before the lady picked up the first bag of oranges and whispered the figure in my ear, like $27.55 or something like that...So as the lady got to the second item i bodly said TWENTY SEVEN FIFTY FIVE and she was shocked that a little kid did it so quick, then my dad goes "yeah he always does that his one of those kid geniuses, he's probably off by a dollar anyways" the lady rounded all the items and was obviously SPOT ON, the staff was in shock hahah it was a fun day.

my dad also was a real generous man, not to where he spoiled me but he was generally very large with money. always taking us out to nice places to eat, always experiencing the best randomly giving me and my sister $50 bills but in a way where would appreciate it....i miss him to death.

2. are they divorced

My dad dies in a car accident when i was in my early teens, its funny im 21 now and i still dont really like talking about it, it messed me up but it made me tough. So my mother is a widow

DAD: civil engineer with his masters MUM: done a bunch of jobs studies as a interior designer but never really worked with it.

Always lived in the nicest areas, always had what i NEEDED. and to an extent wanted.

1. what's your relationship like with your folks - has it changed- Ups and downs clearly explains my relationship with the folks, my mom is always forgiving no matter what, my dad on the other hand is the type of guy that earned everything and expects me to do also. He will hold things against me to the death. I love my folks, we get along well and have good times.

2. are they divorced- Yes, do to his alcoholism, which to this day he hasnt kicked. Alcohol is a sad sad disease that is killing him. He keeps himself well and worked hard is entire lifeand it brought himself somewhere, he was on the fortune 500 list one year.

3. what are their primary occupations-Im sorry but I dont think I can share my dads occupation. My mom is senior Vp at Anthem

4. did you have a comfortable childhood or were you living in the hood- I had a comfortable chilhood, we live in "the east end",

My parents may be well off, btu they wernt always, so absolutely nothing is handed down. I make my own.

This is a touchy issue between me and my friends

Put it this way, I dont even have a car, my apartment is a shit hole, I dropped out of school, and picked up my dads habit

ALCOHOL IS A HELL OF A DRUG

Do you still like me Ube :o

1. My mom and I like to joke around. She's very generous, cool, and sweet. She brags about me to her friends. She works hard and parties hard. My dad is a hard ass. He's unemotional and sarcastic. We don't talk much, but when we do it's usually to teach me something new. He's really athletic and adventurous. He's taught me how to swim, tennis, and he's taken me hiking in snow filled mountains in asia, skiing in the Andes, a lot traveling, etc etc. He doesn't say much so that's his way of bonding I guess.

2. No.

3. Pass.

4. My childhood is pretty different from a lot of people. My parents went and made $$$, and I was raised by a nanny that lived with us on the weekdays. All the kids on my block were kids 6-7 years older than me, so I was playing with illegal firecrackers and trying cigarettes at a very early age. Me being the only asian kid in a Latin country wasn't really an issue with other kids. They were always cool. My two childhood best-friends weren't friends with each other so they were always fighting over me. My older brother has been my backbone almost all my life. When he stopped living with us, I went wild. I traveled a lot.

Good god, my dad is a goddamn miser.

Granted, he lent me $500 to get my car fixed over the weekend but it ended up costing way less. Basically he's due back $225 and I said i'd take care of it by the end of the week (getting the money back to him that is).

I open up my email this morning and there's an email from him demanding I get him his money back. He's convinced I have spent the cash on dope or paint...neither of which is true. here's the email....

Lens,

I just checked my account and noted that you still have not transferred the money (225.00). Again the acct. number is (blank). What gives and why am I even writing this? Please do it now.

Dad

Fuuuckkkk

Archived