MEDICAL PROCEDURES

BOZACK

what's the most unpleasant experience you've ever had at a hospital or with a doctor?

i had a camera put a foot up my ass once. good thing i was asleep.

i'm sure that won't compare to when i get my nose fixed though. psyche.

*i sure wish i could remember the drugs they gave me

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've been in shock or sedated for the majority of my hospital trips.

although...this one time I sliced one of my toes open and I went in to the ER to get it stitched up. The doc gave me at least 8 shots of local in my toe to deaden it. After each shot he would ask if my toe was tingling or starting to feel numb...to which I would reply no. After the 8th shot and question and answer session...I replied no...it still didn't work. I then proceded to ask him how many stitches he was going to put in. His reply was three or four...so...I did the quick math...8 shots and nothing vs. 3 stitches...and then replied...just fucking sew it up...its obvious the local isn't working...sew it up and be done with it. He looked at me and asked if I was sure....thus getting an even more annoyed...just do it response from me. The doc starts sewing it up with that (much larger than a shot needle) curved stitchin needle. I gotta admit...that shit hurt a whole hell of a lot more than I thought it would've, but I refused to act like it hurt since I was acting like a complete bad-ass (ha-ha). And yeah....I got 4.

Originally posted by BOZACK

what's the most unpleasant experience you've ever had at a hospital or with a doctor?

i hate going for pap smears.

i had a male doctor give me one on one occassion; it was the most uncomfortable experience for me even though he had a female assistant present.

it just doesn't feel right lying down, having your legs spread and your feet on those stirrups...

Originally posted by BOZACK

or with a doctor?

i had a camera put a foot up my ass once. good thing i was asleep.

i sat here for about twenty minutes thinking about what the fuck this meant

i got it after awhile

after about twenty minutes or so i got it

i understand it now

ok?

because its all cool now that i understand it

yeah

yeah

i get it now

word up to me getting that shit

took me awhile

but

oooooooohhhhh

i got that shit

i understood that shit after twenty minutes if thinking bout what exactly you meant

oh yes

i know what you mean now bro

i thought you were meaning something else

but i got it now

for real

i know whats that meant

word

i had a barium xray a few years ago. basically, you can't eat or drink anything for 24 hours before you go in so your stomach is completely empty. then you drink the barium (which is basically a chalk milkshake) and they make you roll around on a table so the crap coats your stomach, and then they use an ultrasound machine to look at your stomach lining. i have ulcers. a lot of them. but they're not big enough to be treated yet. fuck. after the xray i was driven home by my then girlfriend and i spent the next twelve hours vomiting this crap back up. this wasn't the most painful, but i have the worst memory of it. most of the other stuff i had drugs in my system or some localized anaesthesia, so it wasn't as bad.

spinal tap, and no it did not rock.

or when i broke my wrist/arm and had to have it rebroken to get it fixed. thats always the worst part after the initial shock goes away and before you get any sedatives and the doc has to rebreak a bone. had to have that done on my fingers, foot, etc...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived