The Office

Dr. Dazzle

3 seasons and done in the UK. I season done in Canada. And now they're starting to air it in the US. Has anybody seen it, or heard about it? One of the funniest shows of the last 15 years in my opinion, if anybody gets a chance to watch it, make sure you do.

Apparantly they are making an American version, which will no doubt suck balls. Try and catch the English version if you can.....

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/30437.jpg'>

"Bunson burner, nice little earner".........

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Daze One Million

never heard of this, but i highly doubt the american version will suck, people stay hatin on american television, shit if it wasnt for americans you wouldnt have tv!

I'm not hating on American television. But the past has shown that American remakes of shows from other countries bloooooooow.....

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I'm not hating on American television. But the past has shown that American remakes of shows from other countries bloooooooow.....

oh my bad i aint mean to sound as if i was directing that towards you specifically, but you do make a good point about the remakes totally sucking ass, i was more saying that because of all the people who wont even dare touch the dreaded hypno-tube, whats this show about anyway?

Very very fucking hilarious show! I got out season one and 2 on dvd... The end of season 2 starts to get a bit sad tho...

Photo shoot scene in the proffessional development talk episode of series 2!!!! fuck i lost it for hours after that!

Everybody go fucking hunt it down...

Very very good show - I hope the American remake is done well - it should be ok as Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant, the writers, are helping put it together.

If you like their sense of humour, you should check out their radio show on XFM, although I think they're on a break at the moment.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?b=multimedia&id=17034

Please listen to some of these, they are so fucking funny.

Originally posted by Pinup

Dazzle, has season III come out already ?

i am the proud owner of I and II

They didn't do a 3rd season, though they did make two 1 hour specials that were broadcast on TV this Christmas just gone, and they are just as funny as all the others. Try and catch them.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39800000/jpg/_39800709_carell_203.jpg'>

Actor Carell set for US Office

Steve Carell is already well-known to US viewers

US actor Steve Carell is set to star as Ricky Gervais' character in the American version of The Office.

Carell, who appears on US network Comedy Central's satire The Daily Show, is in talks with NBC about the role.

NBC said its version of the show will be inspired by, rather than copy, the UK original, which won two Golden Globe awards earlier this week.

Rather than call the lead character in the US Office David Brent, NBC has opted to call him Michael Scott.

Executives are currently trying to resolve a clash which has Carell committed to work on another sitcom, Come To Papa, while work is due to take place on The Office.

While a well-known face on US TV, Carell's other credits include the Hollywood film Bruce Almighty.

Other members of the cast have been confirmed - Rainn Wilson will play eccentric Dwight - based on Mackenzie Crook's Gareth - and Jenna Fischer will play put-upon assistant Pam, following Lucy Davis' character Dawn in the UK version.

Huge boost

John Kasinski will play Jim - based on Martin Freeman's likeable character Tim.

The series will be written by Greg Daniels, the man behind animated series King of The Hill. He has also worked on Seinfeld and The Simpsons.

The profile of The Office in the US received a huge boost last week when the series and its British star Ricky Gervais walked off with two Golden Globes.

The Office beat established US sitcoms such as Will and Grace and Sex and the City to win the best comedy series award while Gervais beat Matt LeBlanc to win the award for best TV comedy actor.

Receiving his award, Gervais said: "They told me to thank people, I said 'We're not going to win anyway'."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/3443945.stm

I don't think they could have picked a better person......

Archived