INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bumsuckfun@Feb 16 2005, 05:56 PM

all ink works good in a flowpen, its personal preference to what you want. i dunno, get some black pilot or something.

and yeaaaaaaa, getting grog apears to be impossible unless you live in europe.

i think you are retarded.

GROG ink is worldwide distributed by graffitishop.it.

generally i respect your opinion, but don't go acting all high and mighty because you read one line on a website, and don't talk about things you don't truly know about if you don't actually know about it. i'm well aware that the site says worldwide. but have you actually tried contacting them or ordering from them? thought not...

Date: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:43:29 PM

To: 'xxxxx <xxxd@xxx.ca>

Subject: R: purchasing grog

Sorry but actually neither us or graffitishop sells ink outside europe.

Take care

Luca

i was suggesting a ferriic-chloride based edinburg etch (metal etch) ink recipe on bombingscience. anyone ehere know much about that stuff? (if you don't know much about chemistry, than don't bother mentioning anything)

Originally posted by bumsuckfun@Feb 17 2005, 03:37 AM

generally i respect your opinion, but don't go acting all high and mighty because you read one line on a website, and don't talk about things you don't truly know about if you don't actually know about it. i'm well aware that the site says worldwide. but have you actually tried contacting them or ordering from them? thought not...

Date: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:43:29 PM

To: 'xxxxx <xxxd@xxx.ca>

Subject: R: purchasing grog

Sorry but actually neither us or graffitishop sells ink outside europe.

Take care

Luca

i was suggesting a ferriic-chloride based edinburg etch (metal etch) ink recipe on bombingscience. anyone ehere know much about that stuff? (if you don't know much about chemistry, than don't bother mentioning anything)

i was wrong, your right. but seriously, it says worldwide, so if it isnt actually shipped worldwide, but rather europe-wide, it should say so, dont you think? people like them make people like me look stupid in situations like this :king:

actually they say they distribute worldwide.... nothing about selling worldwide.... so they can sell to other shops and import companies worldwide, but not individuals. but to be honest, that doesn't work either, because any shop outside of euroland won't recieve their order... lately ink gets stopped at the border and sent back for being dangerous goods (flammable). i'm not sure if you noticed, but american/canadian shops seem to be lacking the ink inventory lately... this is a big reason why. most of the ink that the shops have in are either paint (not-flammable), or north-american made. of course there is a few exceptions, since there are a few importing companies that get the stuff in, so a select few shops have a bit of euro ink... but that's about it.

by the way, even if graffitishop.it did sell to individual customers worldwide, it'd never make it here either for the same reason...

DOT3 Brake Fluid

-------------------

This stuff is really cheap. It's a yellowish oily liquid like cooking oil that you can get for $1.99 at your hardware or auto shop. At first it looked like it makes a great solution with regular pilot ink and creates more of it. But it makes your black ink bleed (on paper) and a lighter shade of black.No one has mentioned how long it takes before you start seeing it's corrosive effects. It can take weeks. So I'll run some metal tests and see how long before i see any results at home before I try and waste my time with it on the outside. Is there anyone out there that swears on using this stuff? I'm still testing the shit, if anyone has any positive views on it, please share.

So far, I think you can save yourself the hassle of using the stuff. It seems to be an oily waste.

i shoudl also probably throw in that it's Brake Fluid's corrosive properties to paint that are more important than its corrosive properties to metal... it doesn't take long for brake fluid to damage a painted surface and leave ghost tags... ever spill some on a painted car part? in fact, most car fluids are damaging to painted surfaces...

anyone ever try paint stripper in their ink?

yeah, last night i was pretty amazed when i took a tag right onto an big ol oil paint splotch. It made a pretty cool wrinkly effect within seconds. Not bad. Wonder if it works well by itself. Once a cleaner sees a black tag, he'll paint right over it. But just going for the ghost tag on painted surfaces might have some advantages. Plus how can anyone get busted for taking invisible tags?

Originally posted by bumsuckfun@Feb 22 2005, 10:52 PM

i shoudl also probably throw in that it's Brake Fluid's corrosive properties to paint that are more important than its corrosive properties to metal... it doesn't take long for brake fluid to damage a painted surface and leave ghost tags... ever spill some on a painted car part? in fact, most car fluids are damaging to painted surfaces...

anyone ever try paint stripper in their ink?

Originally posted by Pearlpaint@Feb 21 2005, 03:59 PM

DOT3 Brake Fluid

-------------------

This stuff is really cheap. It's a yellowish oily liquid like cooking oil that you can get for $1.99 at your hardware or auto shop. At first it looked like it makes a great solution with regular pilot ink and creates more of it. But it makes your black ink bleed (on paper) and a lighter shade of black.No one has mentioned how long it takes before you start seeing it's corrosive effects. It can take weeks. So I'll run some metal tests and see how long before i see any results at home before I try and waste my time with it on the outside. Is there anyone out there that swears on using this stuff? I'm still testing the shit, if anyone has any positive views on it, please share.

So far, I think you can save yourself the hassle of using the stuff. It seems to be an oily waste.

I usually dont mix an ink without adding a litttle dot3. Brake fluid has really revolutionized the san francisco bus hopping scene. A small ammount of brake fluid mixed with fiebings, garvey, or griffin can get buffed on plastic and leave a stain for months, even after consistent buffing attempts. For a while, sf buses were super clean and there really wasn't any ink that they couldn't get off in two tries, and then brake fluid comes around and every bus has a handful of stainers on it. I've never seen Dot3 have any effects on metal, however dot3 works amazingly well on all plastic and painted surfaces that recieve the buff.

Buffed Lafer stainer (candy ink and dot3)

47b4cc33b3127cce9df7e602e1a900000016108YcMmbls1Y.jpg

Buffed Pal stainer (Garvey+Fiebings and dot3)

47b5df23b3127cce9dbc540d5e4800000016108YcMmbls1Y.jpg

i've heard that before... but i mean, like what is it really called? some people act like it's some big secret which is pretty retarded IMO... imagine if the people who first found out about brake fluid or garvey kept it a secret...

on a side note, violet OTR Dirty Flowpen ink smells kinda like candy... its a really sweet, kind've liquor-like smell...

Everyone keeps talking about the brake fluid and if it's corrosive or not. The answer, it is to a certain extent but it will take years of exposure to actually eat metal. Think about this for a minute, all brake master cylinders are either cast iron or aluminum. The fluid sits in there for years and years and veryyyy rarely does it start to leak or corrode. Even the brake lines themselves are thin walled tubing and it takes YEARS for the fuild to corrode them to the point they start to leak. Yeah it does happen but after like 20years. The thing brake fluid is good for is eatting paint. If you look under the hood of a old car chances are the master cylinder leaked on the paint alittle bit and the paint is all bubbled up. So adding this stuff to your ink will help with staining because it actually eats into the painted surface and allows the ink to travel deeper into it which in turn makes it harder to buff.