Hunting

-Rage-

I know a guy who runs his own outfitting and hunting guide company. When he was just getting his company rolling he had to buy so many 'tags' which gave him the right to shoot X amount of deer, bear, or whatever they were for and he would turn around and sell them to rich folk from the US for $15 000 an head. Since there is a limited number of tags to be bought, the population of deer, or whatever, continues to thrive.

Although I'll admit there are poachers who illegally kill all sorts of things, the vast majority of people abide by the rules and don't want to see the animal population decline.

And in response to Mamerro, I agree with you on your points regarding the whole 'hunting experience'. My friend has told me that just being in the bush, tracking and stalking an animal for hours, even days across rocky, unhospitable terrain is what makes hunting satisfying. If he went out and shot something every time, there would be no point to it. "May as well put them in a pen," he said.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by nomadawhat

any of you guys fish?? eat meat?

I fish about once every two months... and though it's usually tarpon, which is catch & release, sometimes we go for the big guns offshore. Now THAT shit is brutal to the animal, and takes a lot to feel comfortable doing. Usually in hunting, which involves head or heart shots for near-immediate kills, the animal suffers very little or nothing at all. When you catch a marlin or something you intend to keep, you put that thing through hell for a long time, and it honestly isn't easy. In the end the fish lies exhausted in the boat, bleeding from a torn mouth and gaff piercings, slowly suffocating to death. Somehow, it seems more acceptable than hunting, mainly cause fish aren't cute and cuddly like deer and duck... but it's definitely more brutal.

my dad hunts all the time but he uses it to feed the fam. my family out on molokai are dirt poor, so they really need the food they hunt to live. they also pick fruit and stuff, so it's pretty much living off the land because people are too broke to buy enough food. i live in massachusetts and survive on a diet of cereal, chinese takeout and taco bell, but in their situation i think hunting is ok. otherwise i think it's bullshit.

i shot a couple of birds once. i felt extremly guilty and really had no use for a dead bird, but live birds are interesting to watch.

i could be ok butchering a organic turkey pig cow or chicken. cause organic meat is the best.

but i liked bambi. i could not shoot bambi.

as far as fishing, maybe its cause its a different species...cause all that comes to mind if i caught a squid and was watching it suffocate and bleed on my boat deck is calamari sammiches.

i can understand the ''sport'' of hunting...i mean if people have fun hunting for there food, well good...but i dont understand just killing for fun. not eating the animal and only useing it for a troffy i dont understand makes no sence...wow you cought a help less animal from like 100 feet away with a rife...you wanna impress me with shooting go to a target rang....

Killing people is so much more fun, plus it helps keep the poplulation under control. If we didn't kill people, there would probably be a lot of assholes running around eating out of trashcans and shit. fuck that. killing black people is the best, why? because they can run much faster than any other race and sometimes they throw things at you so thats always fun. i ate waffles(breakfast food) for dinner tonight, i am a rebel!

Hunting a species of animal for NO reason is pretty piontless and gay but If your eating them or culling them for conservation purposes its fine. I recently shot quite a few kangeroos because thier populations have exploded and they were tearing up my uncle's farm land ( he aquired a permit to cull 50) .Shooting pests like rabbits, foxes and feral birds is completely fine as long as you dont get too much pleasure out of it. When we shot the roos we were "spotlighting" (shooting a night with floodlights from the back of a truck, it was a sort of fun but i found it too easy and senseless. Country people just do it as practically as possible but i down get down like that. I prefer the whole camping living off the land thing, going walking through the bush with a rifle slung over the shoulder looking for food, ideally wild pigs which can easily get to a couple of hundred kilos (2 rugby players) . feral pigs are very aggressive and strong which makes the hunting process more sporting as there is a small element of danger

i have only been hunting twice but i found it highly enjoyable....my prey was kangaroos and rabbits.. boths these are a dime a dozen in australia and need to be shot.

i would love to go trekking into the outback and live of the land for a while eating rabbits, pigs and kangaroos.. i think that would be great fun.....I ENJOY KILLING ANIMALS SO WHAT

Originally posted by old*824

as far as fishing, maybe its cause its a different species...cause all that comes to mind if i caught a squid and was watching it suffocate and bleed on my boat deck is calamari sammiches.

sorry to crap in your bed, but i heard on npr today that octapi have the ability to open jars. and are purported to display emotional behavior.

me, i hunt. after not hunting for so long, i hunt now. i agree it's a nasty business, and last year i didn't really want to hit anything. this year it's different, it's more fun, and i want to shoot a nice deer dead. i've seen a few but not before they saw me. my friend killed one in the rain wed., it had a hole through it's ass region, from an arrow we thought. it was small. around here the deer are really plentiful, and smart. this one, despite it's being shot and previously wounded, skirted over into posted land around a fence, and jumped into some thick prickers and died. i found it where it lay. it's definately not a dumb city deer.

I am in a band called Testicular Genocide. We like killing about 100 deer and burning their testicals under the dark forsaken sky of Thalmus-Kur while thirsting upon the blood of 1000 baby doe's while praising satan's almiaghtyness under the black sky's that eminate the ethreal light upon the souls of 1000 minions of the dark overlord who resides in the great mountian of Rathanorakanon-Keldarmak.

Archived