Hunting

-Rage-

I'm currently chatting with an old friend and he's telling me about his hunting adventure today.

bbvt: first monday of deer season, so i took a vacation day

bbvt: but then i was lucky enought to see and shot one within the first 45 minutes of the season'

aa: fun

bbvt: yea it was ....but ended too soon :cry2:

aa: rifle?

bbvt: yes, one shot through heart at about 75 years

aa: what kind of rifle?

bbvt: 308

bbvt: winchester model 70

This got me thinking... When does hunting go from sport to pleasure?

I can understand "controlling the deer population," but do we really need to execute that many?

I just don't see it. Point and shoot. Hit or miss. How is this fun?

..and yes my friend is an idiot. "...at about 75 years"

:rolleyes:

Give me a knife and a loincloth any day over a rifle and camouflage.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hunting is fucking gay.I hate watching those shows where the guys are in the trees and they ice some buck walking to get some water?Yeah fucking fair asshole real sportsmen right there!

Hows about this I hide in the bushes and attack your ass on the way to your whip on a monday morning?huh would you be about that?

faggot ass mother fuckers

Hide in the trees outside your mans house and throw rocks at him!

Originally posted by Kilo7-

I was cheering for him when he killed those two hunters who 'bagged themselves a bear'.

Yes, Ghost Dog was my hero.

That film was top notch. I was very impressed when he bagged the hunters.

Unless your life is in danger, hunting has no point. Period.

I'm not a big hunter at all, but once I went on a wild boar hunting trip down in central florida about 1993. The guys I was with carried shot guns, and I brought my compound bow as I thought it would be more sporting.

We spotted a large herd of hogs in the distance disapear into a small bush area in an open field. We walked to the bush area and surrounded it. My buddy fired his gun and the boars charged out of the bush and towards me and a friend. Maybe 20 of them, some with big horns. Vscious fuckers! I had my bow drawn and just released on one that was 10 feet from me, charging at me. He went down pretty quick. One other was shot by my buddy.

We carried these to a nearby wooded area. The one who was leading our group, Chuck, hung the hogs by their feet from a branch. He pulled out his knife and skinned them right there. He simply cut a vertical slit from the ass to the head and PEELED the skin off like a banana. It was horrific, yet pretty cool. I'll never forget it. He then cut the meat off and put it in a cooler.

We had hog meat chili for dinner and fed the entire camp. Yum.

It was a fun adventure, but I'm not really the hunter type. It was just an experience I'll never forget. My native hunting instincts resurfaced.

Fox Hunting in Britain.

So, men on horseback, with hounds, chasing down foxes. The hounds rip the foxes to pieces.

Not very nice eh?

So the governent says Game Over its gonna be banned, but all the old people who live in the countryside say "Hahah, no son. Even if you ban it, we are still gonna do it:crazy:"

fucking murdering cunts.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Fox Hunting in Britain.

Originally posted by Jackson

"Hahah, no son. Even if you ban it, we are still gonna do it:crazy:"

fucking murdering cunts.

Although i'm completely against hunting, this brings a topic worth discussing. What i hate more is a bunch of fuckin retards from the city that have absolutely no relation with nature and think its cool to dress in camo and shoot animals...fuckin retards...what i've noticed is that people that live in the countryside have a whole different relation with nature and hunting is part of it. It may sound weird, but i have the feeling that most of them respect nature and animals. That kind of respect may seem a bit too brutal from the outside but still i can understand it.

I hope i'm getting my point clear here and will not be misunderstood

try living in south dakota, or moving here from the city, you notice just how retarded some of these fucks act when deer season rolls around, first day of the season theres like me and a couple guys in class, the girls all go to school and the guys hunt, i feel like i live in the damn 1800's.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

The only type of hunting I don't accept is rich-dentist safaris to bag lions and trophy animals, specifically at reserves strictly made for entertaining such guests.

Hunting is too often misconstrued as some kind of unfair attempt by humans to assert superiority over other animals, and stereotyped with the image of gun-totin' NRA rednecks. It really isn't about firing guns and killing animals the easiest possible way.

There's a lot of patience, strategy, critical thinking, and focus involved in a good hunt. You have to learn and appreciate way more stuff about nature and the animals you seek than you ever will by watching Discovery Channel and crying when the guys shoot ducks on ESPN. As a matter of fact, almost every single hunter I've met has been involved in some sort of ecological organization dedicated to preserving and furthering environmental projects, are very nature oriented, and show more compassion and interest in animals than most pet owners. Yes, when the time comes to do the dirty deed, you have to desensitize yourself, but that's part of the appeal of hunting; killing an animal is not easy on principle alone, and the momentary release from that restraint can teach you an incredible lot about yourself. In time, it will teach you an incredible lot about the animals you hunt.

Hunting is not a "fun" activity to derive pleasure from. In fact, most hunts are pretty grueling and will make you go through some downright terrible times. Trying to find pleasure in it is like trying to find pleasure in running a marathon... it's not a "fun" activity, it's an often very "unfun" challenge. And contrary to what a lot of people think, it's not just walking into the forest and going "Oh hey, there's a deer, I'm just gonna shoot it", and BAM, done. You hunted. Your friend, Rage, was very lucky. Or rather, UNlucky, since he missed out on pretty much everything that makes hunting worthwhile. It's a shame he didn't recognize it.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

The only type of hunting I don't accept is rich-dentist safaris to bag lions and trophy animals, specifically at reserves strictly made for entertaining such guests.

Hunting is too often misconstrued as some kind of unfair attempt by humans to assert superiority over other animals, and stereotyped with the image of gun-totin' NRA rednecks. It really isn't about firing guns and killing animals the easiest possible way.

There's a lot of patience, strategy, critical thinking, and focus involved in a good hunt. You have to learn and appreciate way more stuff about nature and the animals you seek than you ever will by watching Discovery Channel and crying when the guys shoot ducks on ESPN. As a matter of fact, almost every single hunter I've met has been involved in some sort of ecological organization dedicated to preserving and furthering environmental projects, are very nature oriented, and show more compassion and interest in animals than most pet owners. Yes, when the time comes to do the dirty deed, you have to desensitize yourself, but that's part of the appeal of hunting; killing an animal is not easy on principle alone, and the momentary release from that restraint can teach you an incredible lot about yourself. In time, it will teach you an incredible lot about the animals you hunt.

Hunting is not a "fun" activity to derive pleasure from. In fact, most hunts are pretty grueling and will make you go through some downright terrible times. Trying to find pleasure in it is like trying to find pleasure in running a marathon... it's not a "fun" activity, it's an often very "unfun" challenge. And contrary to what a lot of people think, it's not just walking into the forest and going "Oh hey, there's a deer, I'm just gonna shoot it", and BAM, done. You hunted. Your friend, Rage, was very lucky. Or rather, UNlucky, since he missed out on pretty much everything that makes hunting worthwhile. It's a shame he didn't recognize it.

Lets get this straight your trying to sell me on the fact that the hunters enjoy nature so much they want to ice a deer or what ever? If you truly appreciated the animal and its ways you'd see it deserves to pull breath,feel day break and to love life just like you would. I'm sure they feel for them but why don't they just watch them if THEY LOVED THEM.

No one has the right to revoke life of anything ,plain and simple by doing so your fucking the cycle ,YES THE CYCLE, there is a food chain but that chain doesn't envolve guns and night version.I understand the "skill" involved in hiding in a pre made duck blind and shooting at the sky, I come from a long line of hunters whom many of which think I'm a sissy for not going out with them.I'm also the same sissy thats willing to set it off in life when faced with any problems that may arise.I see a lack of power in alot of people that enjoy the act of "being out side" and I see what they get it from it.Self gradifaction knowing that something once lived felt life is now on there plate by their doing, so why don't they just a get a job at a slaughter house?

If you loved being outside some much you'd go for fucking walk sounds like alot more fun then the grueling act of carrying around a nickle plated jamie and a back pack of jerkie and biguns.

were not going to agree on this at all mang so lets just agree to diss agree.

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by Frate Raper

were not going to agree on this at all mang so lets just agree to diss agree.

Yeah, we'll have to do that. I don't think you got my point though... I'm not sure I was able to get it across properly anyways, or if I ever could.

I don't hunt, by the way.

"This got me thinking... When does hunting go from sport to pleasure? "

i forgot who said it, and exactly what was said, but it was on the topic of hunting and it being called a sport, and the gist of it is, its only sport if the other sides know they are playing...

give deers guns....now you got sport

most of my friends when i was in high school hunted. they would get a shit load of meat and bring me loads of elk jerky, so i was down as a mother fucker. i have heard some pretty gnarly stories from them about bucks not dieing and wanting to fight a little so they had to stab it in the throat and slit it. check me out 6 years ago...

http://pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL68/1623018/3111001/38417247.jpg'>

sloetheredneckoner

any of you guys fish?? eat meat?

i would love to go on a hunting trip, i think it would be a great expierience. its much more sporting than picking out the pre-packaged steak or chicken that i usually do. if you have a problem with hunting, do you have a problem with eating meat that was raised to be slaughtered with no chance at all for survival? i'm assuming alot of people would think fishing is acceptable, but why is hunting perceived different than fishing? its just larger game.

My dad is an avid hunter. He has about 6 different "American Security" safes with about 10 rifles in each. He also has several revolvers (I like revolvers). I personally am against hunting for sport, and hunting if you have an Albertsons right next to you. If you live in the mountains and your only way to survive is by killing fine, other than that guy the packaged shit. Enough animals die without you and your buddies going out to be real men.

i think that those guys with the bow and arrows is ok but the super powerd rifle guys are gay. maybe if people hunted something that could kill them i would feel a little better with it. whats the challenge in killing some defensless animal like a turkey or a duck, "fucking gay" :(

Archived