The Bible

Guest ASTISM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the spy vs. spy wall is in aerosoul on youtube. a lot of other interesting shit to.

your right, i put that video on youtube a while back its also available on a fab five dvd called five finger discount...and it was in that mag he mentioned...catch me if you can issue 2....im suprised so many people have seen it

this thread has had its ups and downs, granted. but the idea was to display the best of the best. solid letters, classic characters, full color blackbook productions. the kind of thread where if you have any doubts about putting somthing on, you didnt do it. and sketches only, no walls, no freights. Thers a million other threads to clog with all the shit that gets posted on here.

You wanna know what belongs here? AST, M31, Labrat, JAES, those xeroxed old school pages "Why Write?" posted, Zone,Kema, and most of the shit thats now unviewable from the big 12oz upgrade.

I know trying to maintain that kind of quality is a losing battle, but it still pisses me off.

I 100% agree. kids nowadays think if they pull off something semi decent that it belongs in the "only kings and better" section. This is a shame. The LABRAT shit is good. He's been around for a while, can do work and has knowledge. Other than that the rest of this page is basura.

Okay... I'll say it again... I went back a few pages ago and reposted many of those same images you're talking about...

There were plenty of computer-edited ones (or did you think this was made entirely on paper? - http://homepage.mac.com/izzyone/.Pictures/Piece%20Book%20Images/ize_inVirsbook.jpg ), lots of walls, and many that were not the quality of, for instance, Lumos.

Not to say they're bad, but Lumos burns.

SO... somehow these better images ruined the thread for you. Whatever... I thought forums expanded and grew to accomodate things as the thread evolved.

The way I read it went something like this:

"This thread is meant for sick black book styles of pieces. It is not meant for everyone. Egos aside I've made my edits and even edited stuff from people I know. It's not about egos it's about the product. I've also noticed tons of character and more artsy type styles getting posted in the TBII thread. Most of the time they're sick as fuck, however, this is for pieces only - if there's a character incorporated into the piece then so be it. There's tons of other threads out there that have specialized themes"

Know why I thought that? Because that's what it says in the first post.

Why don't you start your own thread just for those writers then since they are the only ones who fit in your special blackbook club?

I'm going to start my own thread.

Not saying all this for beef. Internet beef is stupid. I love this thread too. I think just about everything I've seen in here belonged in here but whatever...

That's the problem with "Good" vs. "Bad." It's subjective.

And this being a forum where everyone is encouraged to post, I suggest you change the thread title to exclude posts from anyone else since you clearly have some personal standard you want this to have that other people aren't able to grasp.

I'm not trying to be a dick. Just pointing out that it might help you get what you want.

And I've already said too much. More flicks... less talk.

And anyway, it's all good. You care about the quality and want burners. I understand that...

Peace and respect.

Archived