the city slicker thread

city.slicker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...Here's what I think. I think this thread's purpose is NOT to promote CSN crew like it's the most up shit around... and I really don't feel that it is cheap net fame for NSF either. The lines between the two crews are blurry, and the vast majority of heads in CSNSF will paint with (or take pictures of) anyone whose shit is up and of quality. Both are matters of opinion, of course, but know this.. City Slicker Mag came out in the early 90's, and spotlighted hot graff from DC, Philly, LA, NY, and some Pittsburgh shit that could hang with the big boys. If you pay attention, there's mad Philly on here, and mad out-of-towners... and more Pittsburgh shit that has now caught up with and surpassed lots of the bunk shit in other towns.... and OK, clearly these aren't the only 2 crews in town putting shit up... but yo... just cause half of these kids read 54 isuues of Life Sucks Die doesn't mean they know everything about graff. I mean, how many black-and-white fills before "yaaaawn... who fucking cares"... when it comes to quality and quantity, these 2 crews and the out-of-towners sleeping on the floor are all any one hears about and gives a fuck about. Cheap net fame?? Please nigga, when CSNSF got like 20,000 freights running (that might be a little low), it makes it kind of hard NOT to get spotted. Don't like what you see? Start your own thread with shit from everyone you feel is being excluded. And I guarantee there's not as much interest coming from abroad, like "nice thread", or "ooh that FRED throw is money"... chill, brah. Niggas know.

"let's talk credibilty and what that means. so when one earns this so-called "credibility" it means they can whine and moan about the "uncredibilitous ones". is that what you use cred for? it's really sad.

i thought someone with your influence and "awesome credibilty" wounldn't waste their time with someone who is probably 15 years younger than you are. damn i hope i age better than you did.

don't you have your own children to worry about than wasting time on the internet widening the divide between writers in pgh?"

-------------------------------

1st, i shouldn't have said rollers, my bad, but i was including those out-of-towners because they are affiliated with csn/nsf. you know what i meant.

2nd, i highly doubt you are 15 years my younger. i'm not that old.

3rd, no one is widening the divide between writers here but you. you came on here talking shit about writers you don't know, and obviously have no respect for, who apparently have a good 15 years on you. if you were on the other side, would you like some kid you've never heard of talking out of his ass about you? probably not. and don't get me wrong here, i don't care if you talk shit, it doesn't even bother me. i'm explaining why you get bagged on here. i'm just trying to help CLOSE this gap you are creating. i actually like a lot of the younger kids coming up. but if you want to be respected by the "older generation" here is how you do it:

1. paint; put in a lot of time to get your name up and looking nice enough that it won't get clowned too bad.

2. keep your lips tight; let your work speak for itself. if you are trying to win someone over do you talk shit to them? no. don't suck anyone's dick either. just do your thing.

that's about it. don't take it too seriously or it will consume you. if you guys are worried so much about "street cred" why are you on here? remember, its just an internet forum. no one is getting famous off of this shit. ecsoe clowned me a while ago because i posted a bunch of pics here. who cares. do you think anyone is gonna remember me in 10 years? am i getting royalties off this shit. hell no. i like looking at pics of good graffiti. plain and simple. obviously so does EVERYONE else on here.

yeah, and someday, believe it or not, you are gonna be that old and some kids gonna say, "you suck man, you are an old graffiti ass writer" go home and buy some diapers fogey. hahaha

...oh yeah, and does anyone even know what a burner is anymore??? I know CSNSFPFG -type niggas do. They do it as well as anybody in this game, nationwide. See the BA NSF collabo above. Dope. Doper than dope. Dope to the third power, and shit. Stop taking this thread so seriously, as it is nothing but good graff (it's so obvious), pictures of bums, parties, and ill humor. Big deal.

--Yo DenimKid, sorry if that was you I likened to Lemmy from Motorhead, but I just couldn't resist.

happybackfat does not stroke egos and who the fuck said anything about getting respect let alone wanting respect from the elders.

thanks for the two step program. ummm i right on top of that. thanks.

yeah and where the hell are all the burners? since everyone in pgh(i mean the only awesome crews that count) has apparently jumped on that simple tired ass faggot internet style with blind abandon. its aweful and fuckin needs to stop. i cried when some of my favorite members of nsf, pfg, and csn started on that simple crap. you know who you are. how come they used to burn and now they suck. did they lose an arm and have to relearn that shit with the other hand. is it alcoholism? what happened.

if a crew has existed since the beginning of time shouldnt the work speak for itself? i have yet to see a production in pgh that really compares to the good shit...and we all know when we see the good shit.

how does it feel when all the young bucks in your crews can burn you?

Guest euthana5ia
Originally posted by HappyBackFat

happybackfat does not stroke egos and who the fuck said anything about getting respect let alone wanting respect from the elders.

thanks for the two step program. ummm i right on top of that. thanks.

yeah and where the hell are all the burners? since everyone in pgh(i mean the only awesome crews that count) has apparently jumped on that simple tired ass faggot internet style with blind abandon. its aweful and fuckin needs to stop. i cried when some of my favorite members of nsf, pfg, and csn started on that simple crap. you know who you are. how come they used to burn and now they suck. did they lose an arm and have to relearn that shit with the other hand. is it alcoholism? what happened.

if a crew has existed since the beginning of time shouldnt the work speak for itself? i have yet to see a production in pgh that really compares to the good shit...and we all know when we see the good shit.

how does it feel when all the young bucks in your crews can burn you?

dude you're gay

happybackfat: ..."started on that simple crap. you know who you are. how come they used to burn and now they suck"

^^^you are really stupid

ok so if you aren't looking for recognition in the form of pictures posted of your (or your peer's) graffiti, what exactly is your point?

happybackfat: "this should be easy for you since you are not a weekend warrior and have all the time in the world. i figured old heads had jobs by now, but apparently you live the criminal life, or your rich. problem solver wonders which it is.

problem solver used to respect old heads until they opened their bitter mouths on the interbitch"

you don't even know who you are talking to, so why even bother. you just made yourself look even stupider than before. you don't like the old heads because they can voice a salty opinion towards you. state your cause and leave it at that please, because like i said before you (in your anonimity) are ruining the "generation gap" you care about so much. just trying to help man.

in the time it took you to read this page, 10 more csnsf's were painted, caught, and posted.

http://img44.photobucket.com/albums/v135/gwanos/aaaaaaaa/PrismSeak.jpg'>

fatcop i'm not talkin to or about you. sorry.

i'm talkin about angry oldschoolers, interbitch fame, and new awefully simple styles (or lack thereof) and most embarrassingly people who need their egos stroked daily.

but you may think you fall into any of those catergories.

do not let my anonimity scare you

Re: Confucious says:

Originally posted by Ten Cents

Props will be awarded not to he who choses anonymous internet commentary, but to he who follows the ill path to eventual freshness. Only then can the true funk be attained.

hahaha -- funny, but VERY VERY true, so I'll leave it at this, since this applies to me as well as "jilted" or otherwise "unsatisfied" viewers...

Interbitch Fame: Not really... most flix and commentary are not of the "we runnin shit" variety... more like "it's hot" or "it's not" or there's intra-crew ripping on each other, inside jokes, and the like.

Salty Oldheads: I have no defense. I'm salty.

CSN Promoting Itself: Not really... more like promoting a broad range of talent from multiple cities, with an emphasis on prior acquantances. Big deal.

Regional Styles: Great when it happens, but these days... I don't know. Dope graff is dope graff, as long is originality is kept up. Yes, not enough burners... and too many toys not letting shit run a while.

Young Bucks Burning Oldheads: Good. Excellent, in fact. We had a hand in showing them a few things, and they're sysed on shit, and they're crushing with quality. SOV, AESIA, REKE passed me a while back... cool. I like seeing some VICK, I"ve seen a few nice REALMs lately... cool again. LD has a lot of throwies and tags around. Good. PGH has never been a place to dis out-of-towners, but don't let local fools in your crew that talk shit, dis shit, and get socked in the head at Gooski's... :lol: Hopefullly all that dumb shit is over.. There's space here. There's freights here. Cheap paint. Bars that lock their doors @ 2, and get you SOSSED on the cheap till 5 am. Good bud. -- Just paint good graffiti, or we'll call you on it. And find a new freight spot, too.

--that was biggie-sized gay, so from here on in, nothing but the occasional witty commentary, and hopefully some flicks.

.."buckin' fools, now the circle's gettin' smaller.. and I see

Your homie startin' to look

Broke mothafuckas, they make the best crooks..

So I pick up my money and start walkin

Cause now I'll let the gat start talikin

Now- since yall lost, you wanna go out like a sucka..

Take that mothafuckas... (If you have Ice Cube Amerikka's Most Wanted, this would qualify as witty commentary. I'm sticking to my promise.)

Guest mikro137

Re: Re: Confucious says:

Originally posted by DeanGulberry

hahaha -- funny, but VERY VERY true, so I'll leave it at this, since this applies to me as well as "jilted" or otherwise "unsatisfied" viewers...

Interbitch Fame: Not really... most flix and commentary are not of the "we runnin shit" variety... more like "it's hot" or "it's not" or there's intra-crew ripping on each other, inside jokes, and the like.

Salty Oldheads: I have no defense. I'm salty.

CSN Promoting Itself: Not really... more like promoting a broad range of talent from multiple cities, with an emphasis on prior acquantances. Big deal.

Regional Styles: Great when it happens, but these days... I don't know. Dope graff is dope graff, as long is originality is kept up. Yes, not enough burners... and too many toys not letting shit run a while.

Young Bucks Burning Oldheads: Good. Excellent, in fact. We had a hand in showing them a few things, and they're sysed on shit, and they're crushing with quality. SOV, AESIA, REKE passed me a while back... cool. I like seeing some VICK, I"ve seen a few nice REALMs lately... cool again. LD has a lot of throwies and tags around. Good. PGH has never been a place to dis out-of-towners, but don't let local fools in your crew that talk shit, dis shit, and get socked in the head at Gooski's... :lol: Hopefullly all that dumb shit is over.. There's space here. There's freights here. Cheap paint. Bars that lock their doors @ 2, and get you SOSSED on the cheap till 5 am. Good bud. -- Just paint good graffiti, or we'll call you on it. And find a new freight spot, too.

--that was biggie-sized gay, so from here on in, nothing but the occasional witty commentary, and hopefully some flicks.

dont even front , youd fuck the dixie chicks , brah.

Archived